"Spent The Day In Bed" chart position (not in UK Top 100 singles)

Just to confirm that 'Spent the Day in Bed' failed to chart in the UK last week. This is the first time a lead-off single from one of Morrissey's albums has failed to crack the Top 100 in the UK ('World Peace' managed to get to #83).

Do you think it might do better next week following the TV coverage on Jools Holland?

Andy, topic was - UK charts. Position 92 for new 2017 U2 single.
Cheers.

Well, you've found an activity to distract you from the abysmal response to Morrissey's trolling: trolling me. Except I'm not interested in raising your profile on this site. Morrissey's a rubbish troll. So are you.

best
Alfie

Well, you've found an activity to distract you from the abysmal response to Morrissey's trolling: trolling me. Except I'm not interested in raising your profile on this site. Morrissey's a rubbish troll. So are you.

best
Alfie
0997cc50743ea4f4e04ace5f01e575f2--cup-of-tea-esteban.jpg

Morrissey has a very serious image problem, one that could totally derail his career if he comes to be seen as a rabid right-wing nutjob. But I doubt there's anyone who can tell him to stop these outbursts as it's the only way he now gets any media attention. He is now largely known for his bizarre outbursts, rather than for his music.

He also has a problem with ticket prices. He charges A List prices for a C List act. Once people have seen him once as a 'rock legend' they're likely to balk at paying over the odds again to hear mostly new music and right-wing endorsements. If the album makes sense as a whole I'm sure he'll be able to continue touring smaller venues but if he goes too far with his trolling he could alienate a lot of his fan base who seem to regard him as a 'liberal' when he's just a confused troll who'll say anything to get attention.
I'm sitting this tour out over ticket price. I'm not paying just over 100 a ticket for a guy I've seen fifteen times.
I think he's in that derailing presently. We live in the era of the soundbite, where context matters less and less. A band could have one member say something racist in public, and wake up to their fanbase gone, their record label gone, and their reputation in tatters splashed across 10,000 angry facebook posts overnight.

I think in the past, when Morrissey said something iffy, it was in print, which sure, could travel to an extent, but now it's the 24 hour spin cycle where they have to sell people on headline alone because the lazy f***ers won't even click a link half the time. So you get headlines like "MORRISSEY CAUSES UPROAR WITH RACIST TEE SHIRT" and people take it at face value. Is we getting stupider?

NO! MOZ does NOT want the Islamic BAD PEOPLE to push him off the roof in New Years Party! MOZ SMART!
Please by tickets and album!! Moz NEEDS GOOD chart number and sell out.

The vinyl single will be number 1 when it's released the official top 100 nowadays is a waste of time and not a true reflection on what people are buying. Bring back the days when singles by fabulous acts like the smiths would enter at maybe number 10 then plummet down the chart the next week. Remember the wedding present brought out a single every month guaranteed a chart position and a totp appearance. Now I couldn't name a song in the top 40 if I heard a snippet.

YES people Yes!!! Everybody who LOVES MOZ has to buy 10 albums!! FIVE VINYLS and FIVE CDS!!
Also people in UK please go online and buy Seattle tickets so MOZ can have SELL OUT!! many BAD PEOPLE want Moz not to make albums or tours!!! SAY NO to the BAD PEOPLE.:yum:

Nope! She isn't. She understands the new reality, adapts, responds to it & thus gets 254,513,929 views for a single.

Yeah maybe Morrissey should do a video embarrassing himself, acting like a drunk, horney teenager too. C'mon, adapt Moz!

YES people Yes!!! Everybody who LOVES MOZ has to buy 10 albums!! FIVE VINYLS and FIVE CDS!!
Also people in UK please go online and buy Seattle tickets so MOZ can have SELL OUT!! many BAD PEOPLE want Moz not to make albums or tours!!! SAY NO to the BAD PEOPLE.:yum:

I'll see your ten and raise you ten more! That makes me a better Moz fan than you. :horny:

If he wants to chart, he might try coming up with better songs. I can think of 3 former songwriting partners who would serve him better than this current lot. All with full names consisting of 3 syllables. All it takes is a phone call or slip of paper in the mail.

Pride cometh before the fall.

Yeah maybe Morrissey should do a video embarrassing himself, acting like a drunk, horney teenager too. C'mon, adapt Moz!

He already has done so, an embarassment of nubile models to re-inforce his Humasexual credentials. It didn't work. Everybody LOL'd

Wait for the video Sam is putting together for 'When You Open Your Legs' ! o_O;)

I'm sitting this tour out over ticket price. I'm not paying just over 100 a ticket for a guy I've seen fifteen times.
I think he's in that derailing presently. We live in the era of the soundbite, where context matters less and less. A band could have one member say something racist in public, and wake up to their fanbase gone, their record label gone, and their reputation in tatters splashed across 10,000 angry facebook posts overnight.

I think in the past, when Morrissey said something iffy, it was in print, which sure, could travel to an extent, but now it's the 24 hour spin cycle where they have to sell people on headline alone because the lazy f***ers won't even click a link half the time. So you get headlines like "MORRISSEY CAUSES UPROAR WITH RACIST TEE SHIRT" and people take it at face value. Is we getting stupider?

'and people take it at face value. Is we getting stupider'

exactly. :thumb::straightface:

No official tickets are anywhere near $100?

No official tickets are anywhere near $100?
They certainly are at the Arlene Schnitzer concert hall on the opening night of the tour. Anything in orchestra is $95.00 prior to service charges.

Hello everyone. I think it's a real shame if Spent The Day in Bed hasn't charted but are we sure that's the case? How do the charts work nowadays? It was pretty big news when it came out, was made record of the week on 6 music, has over 600k listens on YouTube etc. It seems really weird that it isn't even in the top 100, considering the success of lots of his other singles. I can't speak for Morrissey but from what I've read I'd say he cares a lot about 'mainstream' success, chart positions etc. The new UK singles charts are being announced in 39 minutes according to this website, so I'm crossing my fingers that the OP is wrong...

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

Hello everyone. I think it's a real shame if Spent The Day in Bed hasn't charted but are we sure that's the case? How do the charts work nowadays? It was pretty big news when it came out, was made record of the week on 6 music, has over 600k listens on YouTube etc. It seems really weird that it isn't even in the top 100, considering the success of lots of his other singles. I can't speak for Morrissey but from what I've read I'd say he cares a lot about 'mainstream' success, chart positions etc. The new UK singles charts are being announced in 39 minutes according to this website, so I'm crossing my fingers that the OP is wrong...

May I suggest a hobby of some sort?

It's not really odd at all. The new U2 single went in at 93 (or thereabouts), and they are one of the biggest bands on the planet - much more popular than Morrissey. I would always buy a Morrissey single if it came with extra songs - otherwise, as I'm buying the album, there's no point so I haven't. The singles chart is mainly based on streaming and downloads these days (the physical chart usually looks completely different) so the dynamics have shifted massively. In the past, you would have a few weeks of airplay and then the single would be released a week or two before the album (so early November). The airplay is only just building up now, and there will be tons more next week when the UK's biggest station adds the song to their A-list. Had they held back on releasing the song til after then, it would have inevitably charted higher but still way down on how they used to do. It's album sales that determine commercial success these days, and that's looking fairly encouraging at the mo.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom