"Spent The Day In Bed" clear 7" vinyl b/w Judy Is A Punk details (Oct. 27, 2017 release)

UPDATE Oct. 2:

Now on Amazon.

40881_spent_the_day_in_bed.jpg

B-side revealed:

Crash Records UK offer a pre-order of the 7" clear vinyl with b-side info:

40764_40758_20170919_201555.png

Morrissey – Spent The Day In Bed Clear Vinyl 7″ *Pre-Order
£6.49

Release date Friday 27th October. All pre-orders will be dispatched/ready for collection on that date.

Clear Vinyl 7″

Spent The Day In Bed/ Judy is a punk is the first 7″ release from Morrissey’s upcoming album ‘Low In High School’. Low in High School is Morrissey’s first studio album since 2014 and was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli (who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes to name a few). Morrissey’s talent for combining political statements and beautiful melodies is more prevalent than ever on Low in High-School, capturing the zeitgeist of an ever changing world

Track listing

A – Spent The Day In Bed

B – Judy Is A Punk Live

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, which one is non fictional again? No I am definitely not real. That's the one. I think.

"Real" is overrated anyways but I wouldn't want you to suffer from sleep deprivation, fictional, doctor or not. :)

The idea that Morrissey only cares about money is so ridiculous. Most of the things he does that attract attention do not sell records. Lots of people that know who he is because of some ill-considered statement he made are not in the market for a Morrissey record. They're waiting for the new Celine Dion. And the young people would just steal it anyway so what's the difference. The idea that Morrissey is some filthy rich conniving rock star is just dumb. Of course he wants money but what he really wants is for readers of the Daily Mail to choke on their breakfast over some SHOCKING!!! thing he has said about William and Kate.

He does like money and he does care about chart positions. He does sell the same songs to his fans as many times as possible. But I think part of that is because his fanbase is very small compared to his notoriety. It's sort of like Courtney Love. She gives interesting interviews and those interviews sell magazines but they don't really sell lots of records. And his fans are Mozbots. He's put them through so much that the ones that are still their are loyal. And lots of them collect records. It's the perfect audience to sell the single to in nine different variations.
Spot on.

Reckon me just overheard down at the Viper Room lil' Sammy and lil' Alex tell Jack Osbourne that Aunt Nancy is joining Uncle Steve on stage in November to sing a duet of "Jacky's only happy when she's up on the stage"!!! This is proper top mental! Never mind the bull ox. I'm cashing out my life savings of squid from Gringotts Wizarding Bank and reckon goin' to California!

no one is asking you to buy anything. But I bet you will...
"Asking"? No.
With this latest round of manufactured press-nonsense, he's BEGGING.

The song is absolute, indefensible bullocks. GARBAGE.

I'm just trying to figure out whether the "Who will protect us from the police" (or whatever) was in the can before or after the fake-ass Italian debacle.

Pretty clear - from the reactions on here - that Morrissey could release a track called "I Shit in Your Sink". Some folks here would order it up and run to the kitchen, hoping the turd was floating in theirs.

Song is balls. Album will be too. You're free to spend your money as you see fit but your inability to recognize a bland, wet, grainy dump - from a gem - speaks volumes.

...and a clear 7"? A halfway decent tune on a quality press would suffice, no? This vulgar picture is years past completion and expiry date. The brushes are worn. The paint has dried up but the strokes - formerly gorgeous and outside the lines - are now predictably contrived.

The music is cheap. The lyrics are reachingly vapid - while trying to be timely.

Grow the f*** up and think for yourselves. This is full-on scraper nonsense.

not a bad cover, what don't you like about it ? I still hope there's going to be a video for it. I mean a proper one.
Nothing major.
The fonts are a bit off.
I prefer a theme like the Attack ones - so elements of the album cover are followed by subsequent records that match fonts and bits of layout (the word I'm looking for is cohesive).
Just nitpicking.
As the general reaction to the album cover has been 'meh' - I'd guess people would be happy if every release has a unique sleeve simply to mitigate their 'rage' at the album cover.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
"Asking"? No.
With this latest round of manufactured press-nonsense, he's BEGGING.

The song is absolute, indefensible bullocks. GARBAGE.

I'm just trying to figure out whether the "Who will protect us from the police" (or whatever) was in the can before or after the fake-ass Italian debacle.

Pretty clear - from the reactions on here - that Morrissey could release a track called "I Shit in Your Sink". Some folks here would order it up and run to the kitchen, hoping the turd was floating in theirs.

Song is balls. Album will be too. You're free to spend your money as you see fit but your inability to recognize a bland, wet, grainy dump - from a gem - speaks volumes.

Who asked you anyway?

...and a clear 7"? A halfway decent tune on a quality press would suffice, no? This vulgar picture is years past completion and expiry date. The brushes are worn. The paint has dried up but the strokes - formerly gorgeous and outside the lines - are now predictably contrived.

The music is cheap. The lyrics are reachingly vapid - while trying to be timely.

Grow the f*** up and think for yourselves. This is full-on scraper nonsense.

It's just music mate. You don't need to get your knickers in a knot about it.

Sounds like you are having a combination hernia, gout and rigor-mortis attack and are very close to committing harikari.

Try getting a hobby like knitting or auto-fellatio if you can manage it.

The picture on the cover is a little "on the nose" with the title, but otherwise I like it.

The picture on the cover is a little "on the nose" with the title, but otherwise I like it.

yes, maybe too on the nose. Though I wonder if the picture inspired the idea for the song ?

I hope there will be some new material for B sides rather than a string of live songs to fill it out.

This is being asserted as the real cover for the 7" single.
(I would stress this is not confirmed - the original source has been known to get it wrong).

View attachment 42256

The track is apparently has writing credits to Morrissey / Manzur.
Not a fan of this cover should it be real.

Regards,
FWD.
I prefer this to another sleeve with that kid on it.

sold out already????? you spend a day off the grid and you're proper f***ed

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom