"Spent The Day In Bed" - enters UK top 40 (airplay)

UPDATE 13TH OCTOBER - the song is now in the Airplay Top 30 (at #29)

'Spent the Day in Bed' has climbed 279 places up the UK airplay chart to 34 over the last week (Oct 5th to 11th). His first UK top 40 since 'I'm throwing my arms around Paris'. This rapid ascent is due to the Radio 2 A-list to which it was added this week. It's a rolling chart so the song will probably continue to climb until Saturday. It may boost the single's position a little in the actual chart but the airplay mainly acts as an advert for the album. As mentioned before, this would normally all be timed to happen a week or two before the album comes out so it's odd that there's a month to go - maybe there will be another song released between now and then.

Last edited:
Charts are meaningless. Also, they said this was his first entry into the U.K. top 40 since I'm throwing my arms around Paris. You know, the song that nobody cared about? We saw this happen with previous releases where name brand and record company muscle gave an initial bump, only to watch any momentum disappear rather quickly. Then the blame game began. Actually, it's been the pattern with every release since ROTT. We'll see how much muscle BMG has this time around because Morrissey is definitely not attracting the youth and his style is considered dated by contemporary standards. He's considered dad rock now.

Still in the UK Viral 50:

https://spotifycharts.com/viral/gb/daily/latest

Pales in comparison to your online content legacy, I know...

Carry on with your fantasies.

The song is being played on Radio 2 because he is tied to a 'traditional record company' who are in a mutual death-dance with 'traditional radio' in trying to dictate to the public what they should listen to. However, their views are irrelevant. The fact is that this song is free to Spotify listeners who are ignoring it with a passion. Once again, there is no sign of it in the UK Spotify Top 200. People all over the country are hearing it on Radio 2 then ignoring it, never bothering to listen to it again.

Fake news. Fake chart. This single has corpsed. Big time. It's a complete and absolute failure. Deal with it.

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/weekly/latest

Still in the UK Viral 50:

https://spotifycharts.com/viral/gb/daily/latest

Pales in comparison to your online content legacy, I know...

Moz going viral, ha.
Someone, somewhere, a lazy tabloid journo, should ask him about it.
You're a virus now Moz.
Me? Me? A virus, well I've been called many names so far, so if it is indeed I guess it is the only thing stopping me for being grounded.

A virus in a doubtful cardigan. Whopee.

Carry on with your fantasies.

The song is being played on Radio 2 because he is tied to a 'traditional record company' who are in a mutual death-dance with 'traditional radio' in trying to dictate to the public what they should listen to. However, their views are irrelevant. The fact is that this song is free to Spotify listeners who are ignoring it with a passion. Once again, there is no sign of it in the UK Spotify Top 200. People all over the country are hearing it on Radio 2 then ignoring it, never bothering to listen to it again.

Fake news. Fake chart. This single has corpsed. Big time. It's a complete and absolute failure. Deal with it.

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/weekly/latest
Why are you so obsessed with this? And how is the BBC one a "fake chart" but you think that the spotify one is somehow more genuine? Streaming services are for children: and you apparently.

Selling the vinyl now would have helped 'push it up' immensely (oooerh!) given the recent response to vinyl versions.
One of the less astute marketing ideas in a pretty good effort to be fair though.
Regards,
FWD.

I have no idea why they have done it like that, in this day and age all sales count enormously and would have helped push it up the charts even further.
He should have done a couple of mp3 bundles with "Spent The Day In Bed" and a couple of "b sides" as it were and the fans would have bought both bundles. I know i would have.
I have pre-ordered the single and a couple of the vinyl bundles too.
Im extremely glad the single has jumped so massively up the charts.
Fair play to the ol' bugger, I hope the album does well too.

It is about politics having no power over people in the end and that love consumes people more than any president ever will. A president can rule for a few years but people are occupied with their own problems no matter what happens in the world of politics.

If you never paid any attention to politics you would still live your life and chances are you would be much happier.

Rich people rarely watch any tv and if they own one it is tucked away in a small room they rarely visit. Maybe that explains why they made it, not the content on tv but the time and energy they spent on themselves and their life.

A part of life is developing awareness about things that can affect someone other than you. Ignorance is bliss, but it's also irresponsible, and undignified, and can lead to a lot of unhappiness. Life is not suppossed to be a carefree, never-ending state of pleasure. There are problems that need to be addressed, and in democracies, the job of acknowledging them is the responsibility of the people.

But your comment is a perfect example of why politics needs to be injected in inconven9ent formats. Many people would like to remain ignorant of any problems that don't directly affect them because they don't have the strength to find and face them on their own. Most people are timid and easily frightened. They're not fighters.

Your attitude is small consolation to a family with a sick child who needs access to healthcare, or someone's civil rights being affected. It certainly doesn't make the world safer as foreign policy is essentially ignored, and any leader is deemed acceptable as long as they don't interrupt your nap.

Finally, rich people rarely watch TV? You can't be serious? The idea that watching television, and staying informed is going to stop you from being successful is one of the dumber things I have heard.

I'm quite sure you've done an exhaustive survey of the number of TV's tucked away in rich people's houses, and how often they enter those rooms. Ultimately, this ignorant attitude is indefensible. You need to grow up, and get a spine. You're part of the problem.

It's important to understand that this is an airplay chart. It's not a sales chart. It doesn't reflect the success of a single. Being at that spot in the airplay chart is not that big of a deal. It may help the single sale more or it could not translate into any meaningful sales.

The charts aren't structured the way they used to be and record companies are basically using these new fragmented chart rankings as a smarmy way to influence sales, but that's not new.

In reality the way music is ranked these days is a complete mess.

Personally, I welcome further destruction of the charts and what's left of the music industry. There's plenty of great artists making music that have nothing to do with these convoluted chart games. Nobody cares about the charts. They don't even fully understand them, and who could blame them?

It's important to understand that this is an airplay chart. It's not a sales chart. It doesn't reflect the success of a single. Being at that spot in the airplay chart is not that big of a deal. It may help the single sale more or it could not translate into any meaningful sales.

The charts aren't structured the way they used to be and record companies are basically using these new fragmented chart rankings as a smarmy way to influence sales, but that's not new.

In reality the way music is ranked these days is a complete mess.

Personally, I welcome further destruction of the charts and what's left of the music industry. There's plenty of great artists making music that have nothing to do with these convoluted chart games. Nobody cares about the charts. They don't even fully understand them, and who could blame them?

Especially since as an artist iTunes accounts for something like 0.001% of your income. Probably a pretty penny for Moz and better than a kick up the rear cleavage but for lesser known bands that aren’t the subject of hype but who have something of a cult following amongst those who stream, it’s not going to keep you fed and watered.

Bowie said in the early nougties something along the lines of that in the (then) future one accessing music will be like turning on a tap. That’s what’s happened but I don’t like that it’s to the detriment of physical formats, proper charts, TOTP, artist income and common sense.

Last edited:
And also when providing a comparison to Donald Trumpf - when the entire world is suffering the fall out from THAT piece of plankton -

Hazard
x

In what sense is the whole world “suffering” from the Trump presidency?

The election of Donald Trump has not affected me one iota. It’s hugely entertaining and I love the way he deals with his political and media opponents, but day to day impact on me has been no greater than that of Obama, or Bush 2, of Clinton, or Bush 1.

Reagan was the last US President to make a real difference to the world as he played a huge role in the downfall of the Soviet Union.

Obama tried to interfere in internal British politics directly in 2016, but the Brits, quite rightly, told him where he could stick it.

Aw, Brummie is upset because of the good response the new songs are getting!

Nothing about Morrissey 'upsets' me. He is endlessly funny & can always be trusted to make an arse of himself as the latest #Cashmeregate nonsense proves. We will see how well the album sells. The tracks strike me as mediocre and the lyrics are ridiculous. I will be very surprised if it sells well but we'll see.

Ha ha ha ha ha lmao :laughing::rofl:

He's spent the last three years telling us that Morrissey is no longer relevant and will never get another deal with a major...and now he contrives a label for the self-same evil 'traditional record companies' now that one of them has signed M.

SOSB

Let's see if this album reverses his sales decline.

It's now climbed into the top 30 of the UK airplay chart. A pretty impressive feat considering it would seem that there are many better songs on the album. If two of the stronger songs are subsequently released as singles, and do equally well with airplay, this could go on to be one of his biggest selling albums.

Radio 2 is the most popular station in the UK - it's also the most popular station in Europe. And they've put the new Morrissey single on their A-list! That's for this current week, and they've also just announced it will stay on there next week too. The R2 playlist has a pretty small impact on singles sales but a huge impact on album sales. The most recent Blondie and James albums were their most successful for 20 years due to the Radio 2 A list exposure. It's about the best advert that an album can get. This means the first week UK sales for the new album will probably exceed 30,000 - from memory World Peace shifted just under 20,000 in Week 1 (Istanbul had very little airplay). So that's the difference it makes. However, if the album does do very badly in week 1, you will be proved right - people will have heard the song but decided against buying the album. If it does well, you will be proved wrong, and it will be your turn to 'deal with it'.

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. Whilst Morrissey's 'cult fans' will purchase various versions of his new album, most people now listen to music via streaming services, especially younger demographics. BMG will be carefully monitoring sales/streams to discern whether or not their recent hi-profile pre-launch publicity has connected Morrissey to a new streaming audience or if he is now just reliant on his legacy fans. If Morrissey reverses his decline in popularity we would expect to see a dramatic improvement on WPINOYB figures.....time will tell. I will be very surprised if the album attracts a sizeable new audience or recovers lost fans as the tracks i've heard are mediocre at best.

It's now climbed into the top 30 of the UK airplay chart. A pretty impressive feat considering it would seem that there are many better songs on the album. If two of the stronger songs are subsequently released as singles, and do equally well with airplay, this could go on to be one of his biggest selling albums.

:thumb:

He's doing very well. Let's just hope BMG continue to do their part of the job.

A part of life is developing awareness about things that can affect someone other than you. Ignorance is bliss, but it's also irresponsible, and undignified, and can lead to a lot of unhappiness. Life is not suppossed to be a carefree, never-ending state of pleasure. There are problems that need to be addressed, and in democracies, the job of acknowledging them is the responsibility of the people.

But your comment is a perfect example of why politics needs to be injected in inconven9ent formats. Many people would like to remain ignorant of any problems that don't directly affect them because they don't have the strength to find and face them on their own. Most people are timid and easily frightened. They're not fighters.

Your attitude is small consolation to a family with a sick child who needs access to healthcare, or someone's civil rights being affected. It certainly doesn't make the world safer as foreign policy is essentially ignored, and any leader is deemed acceptable as long as they don't interrupt your nap.

Finally, rich people rarely watch TV? You can't be serious? The idea that watching television, and staying informed is going to stop you from being successful is one of the dumber things I have heard.

I'm quite sure you've done an exhaustive survey of the number of TV's tucked away in rich people's houses, and how often they enter those rooms. Ultimately, this ignorant attitude is indefensible. You need to grow up, and get a spine. You're part of the problem.

Dude, if I couldnt pay for my sons health care Id turn him in to the govt and walk into traffic FFS

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom