"Spent The Day In Bed" - enters UK top 40 (airplay)

UPDATE 13TH OCTOBER - the song is now in the Airplay Top 30 (at #29)

'Spent the Day in Bed' has climbed 279 places up the UK airplay chart to 34 over the last week (Oct 5th to 11th). His first UK top 40 since 'I'm throwing my arms around Paris'. This rapid ascent is due to the Radio 2 A-list to which it was added this week. It's a rolling chart so the song will probably continue to climb until Saturday. It may boost the single's position a little in the actual chart but the airplay mainly acts as an advert for the album. As mentioned before, this would normally all be timed to happen a week or two before the album comes out so it's odd that there's a month to go - maybe there will be another song released between now and then.

Last edited:
Selling the vinyl now would have helped 'push it up' immensely (oooerh!) given the recent response to vinyl versions.
One of the less astute marketing ideas in a pretty good effort to be fair though.
Regards,
FWD.

Great news! And over the 1 million mark on Spotify as well, surely Spent is now his most succesful single since Paris at least.

Regarding the "this would normally all be timed to happen a week or two before the album comes out so it's odd that there's a month to go - maybe there will be another song released between now and then." Releasing two singles before the album used to be the norm for at least Morrissey. For the lead up to Your Arsenal for example, we got "We Hate it When Our Friends...", then "You're the One for Me Fatty" both before the album release.

Regarding the "this would normally all be timed to happen a week or two before the album comes out so it's odd that there's a month to go - maybe there will be another song released between now and then." Releasing two singles before the album used to be the norm for at least Morrissey. For the lead up to Your Arsenal for example, we got "We Hate it When Our Friends...", then "You're the One for Me Fatty" both before the album release.

He'll be shooting himself in the foot if it's not "All The Young People." It's by far the most radio-friendly song we've heard from the new album following "Spent."

Just checked iTunes and Spent the Day in Bed is at number 62.

61 now!

I'll check it in an hour but this is looking good!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^This^^.
Where is it?
Joey Barton, did anyone see him, somewhere "outside"? :)

These things take time. (I am lord of the Moz puns!)

I reckon the video will be made for the first ‘proper’ single that’s released; I reckon ‘All the Young People’ could be the one. It’s catchy, it’s topical. I’m pretty happy that the early 90s solo videos with guest stars are making a comeback (hopefully) although I’d take Joan Sims over Barton. If Alan Bennet is in it though it should be interesting to watch

Why must young people fall in love due to presidential failings?

the song is too good to not be in the top 40 when you see some of the absolute dung in the charts these days,did I say dung I meant shit.

He'll be shooting himself in the foot if it's not "All The Young People." It's by far the most radio-friendly song we've heard from the new album following "Spent."

LOL

As if the radio would ever play any of his songs. I suspect there's even a bigger chance they will play your banjo music first before that ever happens.

Why must young people fall in love due to presidential failings?

Any reason is good enough. That's why he sings presidents come and presidents go. The only thing is, a president stays for 4 or 8 years and after that you might feel not young anymore. :rolleyes:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom