"Spent The Day In Bed" first single - will be premiered on BBC 6 Music Shaun Keaveny, Sep. 19

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT:

Posted by JoeSellMozza:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Tuesday sees Prof Brian Cox joining Shaun after 9am for his weekly Science chat. Plus, Matt Everitt has the latest Music News which includes a chat with Radiohead's Philip Selway & there is a new Morrissey track to play after 8am. Spent The Day In Bed is the first single to be taken from his first studio album in three years and sees Morrissey in fine form with typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

The album Low in High School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli.

BBC 6 Music breakfast DJ Shaun Keaveny said on his show this morning that he will be playing "new Morrissey music" on his programme tomorrow after 8am GMT.

Posted by javert:

Update - It shall be on at 8:40 am

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, first new Morrissey song since July 2014. Please let it be a good one!
An ear-worm chorus, non-cringey lyrics, a bright and crisp arrangement (free of any chug rock).

I believe the Tunein radio app carries BBC 6 and (?) works Stateside.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm guessing it'll be up in youtube or somewhere not long after. Im excited and strangely nervous

I'm guessing it'll be up in youtube or somewhere not long after. Im excited and strangely nervous
I'm certain it will appear here.
I'd check the download forum shortly after 8.20 am GMT.
As, ironically, 'Spent The Day In Bed' won't apply to myself - having to get up at 8am to record it.
Regards,
FWD.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Shaun Keaveny
Tuesday sees Prof Brian Cox joining Shaun after 9am for his weekly Science chat. Plus, Matt Everitt has the latest Music News which includes a chat with Radiohead's Philip Selway & there is a new Morrissey track to play after 8am. Spent The Day In Bed is the first single to be taken from his first studio album in three years and sees Morrissey in fine form with typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

The album Low in High School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes
/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Shaun Keaveny

A wonderful gay track!! Dont go out of bed because everything is scary. The bus, the boss, the rain and the train. Great advice... and the TV show is scary. Be a wuss about everything and stay in bed, maybe get up once in a while to whine!!!! Comfy bed, though, located in luxury hotel. With vodka and cheese available via room service. Going downstairs to the lobby restaurant: much to scary like the bus and the rain.
Promises to be a No 1 track.

'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'
If that's the best line ...

Really looking forward to hearing the new song but:.

"...typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

On World Peace we were told to stop voting. Are we now being told to stop working?. I don't think I could afford to attend many concerts if I didn't have a job.

Slightly worried after reading that snippet (lyrics leave a lot to be desired).

I'm hoping Spent The Day In Bed will be the Staircase at the University of LIHS - a good fun pop song that doesn't rely on particularly ground breaking lyrics to be a great tune.

Hopefully will be more radio friendly than WPINOYB's title track - so might help give the album a bit more of a push.

But yes, less of the Russel Brand politics would be good.

Wasn't overwhelmed when I first heard WPINOYB on radio and was nervous - but then Istanbul changed everything.

Does anyone know what time it will be on that Allmusic link? Will it be before it is played on the station?

Really looking forward to hearing the new song but:.

"...typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

On World Peace we were told to stop voting. Are we now being told to stop working?. I don't think I could afford to attend many concerts if I didn't have a job.

"But last night the plans of a future war was all I saw on Channel 4."

Not much has changed, it seems.

Spending the day in bed is a great idea. Many times I wish I had done so instead of facing the harsh reality. Too many times. Sometimes I can do it and it's great, because that compensates the times I should have stayed in bed but couldn't do it.

I can't listen to it at that time as I will be still in my bed.
No bus, no boss, no rain, no train sounds good innit?
I knew that but it is a reconfirmation.
Everybody on sick leave tomorrow. :p

Fingers and toes crossed I suppose. I'm hoping for a return to form, which according to my listening habits for the last three albums appears to be Throwing My Arms Around Paris and You Have Killed Me. How we lower our expectations as we age.

You can't tell anything from the lyric. What it and the entire album needs is a return to those great vocal melodies Morrissey decided to leave off World Peace. The band can chug along in the background as much as they like, but without that turn of phrase and melodious warble it will make no difference.

If he's back on form it'll be a decent listen. If he isn't... well, it was a good run.

Last edited:
Oh, sit by the fire with your book
and pretend that you're active
But the very last stage of a nuclear age
is not attractive.

Oh, it's all a matter of opinion.

I hope it’s good, I thought his (or harvest) choice of singles for world peace was slightly misguided, staircase should have been the first single.

Oh, sit by the fire with your book
and pretend that you're active
But the very last stage of a nuclear age
is not attractive.

Oh, it's all a matter of opinion.

One for the completists there ( although pretty certain that's it's never been made available - even on the internet) #rare

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom