"Spent The Day In Bed" first single - will be premiered on BBC 6 Music Shaun Keaveny, Sep. 19

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT:

Posted by JoeSellMozza:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Tuesday sees Prof Brian Cox joining Shaun after 9am for his weekly Science chat. Plus, Matt Everitt has the latest Music News which includes a chat with Radiohead's Philip Selway & there is a new Morrissey track to play after 8am. Spent The Day In Bed is the first single to be taken from his first studio album in three years and sees Morrissey in fine form with typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

The album Low in High School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli.

BBC 6 Music breakfast DJ Shaun Keaveny said on his show this morning that he will be playing "new Morrissey music" on his programme tomorrow after 8am GMT.

Posted by javert:

Update - It shall be on at 8:40 am

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see:
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...

Non-Facebookers:
20170919_013854.png

I'd rather not suffer Chris Evans...
So which is it exactly.
FWD.
(I get that both will probably air the song - just the 'world exclusive' on 6 morphing in to Chris-twating-Evans - sigh! I bet he talks over it and does his usual Moz shtick).

Last edited:
Seems rather sloppy to air the song when folks can't place an order for the album yet. Not even the song.

Far too busy preparing recording equipment :)
Oh, people do realise it will be 8am in the UK before it will be Stateside!?
Regards,
FWD.

doh:right. You will be first.

'preparing recording equipment' ? FWD we're depending on you !:)

With each new release, Morrissey proves that he has achieved zero personal growth since his career began. He just rehashes a predictable series of topics. This has made him boring, and predictable. Even when he's controversial, it comes across as lazy, and insincere. Musically, it seems the band have finally been allowed to actually be creative, but then he wastes it on trite lyrics, and tired vocal melodies.

Even the title of the song sounds like a parody crafted by Morrissey's worst critics. Morrissey has no interest in evolving, and if anything, he's the type of person who would double down on his worst mistakes solely out of defiance.

What success he has had has only allowed him to remain tramped in adolescent amber. He came of age during one the most callous, and depressing decades in British history. To remain emotionally trapped in that period of time seems more like a form of self-torture than a kind of cozy nostalgia.

At this point, I know what you're thinking: "So what's the diagnoses doctor?"

Morrissey suffers from a detached personality disorder. There, I said it.

Far too busy preparing recording equipment :)
Oh, people do realise it will be 8am in the UK before it will be Stateside!?
Regards,
FWD.

That is great FWD!
As Ketamine Sun says, we are relying on you in these Moz-worthy times! Thank you so much! :thumb:

With each new release, Morrissey proves that he has achieved zero personal growth since his career began. He just rehashes a predictable series of topics. This has made him boring, and predictable. Even when he's controversial, it comes across as lazy, and insincere. Musically, it seems the band have finally been allowed to actually be creative, but then he wastes it on trite lyrics, and tired vocal melodies.

Even the title of the song sounds like a parody crafted by Morrissey's worst critics. Morrissey has no interest in evolving, and if anything, he's the type of person who would double down on his worst mistakes solely out of defiance.

What success he has had has only allowed him to remain tramped in adolescent amber. He came of age during one the most callous, and depressing decades in British history. To remain emotionally trapped in that period of time seems more like a form of self-torture than a kind of cozy nostalgia.

Thank you, drop dead

Was he naked in bed?

Maybe this explains the Hollywood Bowl promo. That boxer is in bed.

Thank you doctor Marr.
For your revealing insights although I can't help but feel they are not that original or new as I remember to have read them before by your many, so skilfully expertised colleague psychiatrists here at solo who make their analysis from reading stuff on the internet but act is if they had their patient on their analyst couch. Join the queue.

You don't think THAT would be the first thing to do if you think you are capable to make that analysis? Hmm.
And then, disclosing that info, publishing it, and harrasing the privacy of your patient doesn't sound very professional too.

oh Angie, don't be sour, let it go. You married the wrong man, just accept it and ... move on.

:tiphat:

you two need to get this sorted!, because I have one foot on the floor and the other in bed and I just don't know what to do ! :confused: :D
the nice thing about your bed is that it doesnt go away! after a day of dealing with awful people whose faces and personalities render them unfit for life, you can come home and find your bed waiting for you, warm and welcoming, as the relief of knowing you're done for the day and you've earned your rest floods over you. so i say get your ass out of bed! of course, i do a lot of loafing around, but usually not in bed-- sometimes on top of my bed! :p (in accordance with my theory that a made bed is less depressing than an unmade bed it's okay if you lie around all day on top of a made bed!)

Seems rather sloppy to air the song when folks can't place an order for the album yet. Not even the song.

If you have 5 sloppy seconds to spare then I'll tell you the story of my day in bed.

I'll reserve judgment until I hear it but my expectations of anything great from Moz have diminished over the sad, long years.

the nice thing about your bed is that it doesnt go away! after a day of dealing with awful people whose faces and personalities render them unfit for life, you can come home and find your bed waiting for you, warm and welcoming, as the relief of knowing you're done for the day and you've earned your rest floods over you. so i say get your ass out of bed! of course, i do a lot of loafing around, but usually not in bed-- sometimes on top of my bed! :p (in accordance with my theory that a made bed is less depressing than an unmade bed it's okay if you lie around all day on top of a made bed!)

i sleep on a bed of nails with a family of blood thirsty bed bugs while the sword of Damocles hangs above my head.

not very comfy, but it does make for interesting dreams ! ;)

Thank you doctor Marr.
For your revealing insights although I can't help but feel they are not that original or new as I remember to have read them before by your many, so skilfully expertised colleague psychiatrists here at solo who make their analysis from reading stuff on the internet but act is if they had their patient on their analyst couch. Join the queue.

You don't think THAT would be the first thing to do if you think you are capable to make that analysis? Hmm.
And then, disclosing that info, publishing it, and harrasing the privacy of your patient doesn't sound very professional too.
It's really not a difficult conclusion to come to.

People really are not that complicated. There are only so many ways to be human.

I honoustly go to bed at 6 in afternoon,early evening,and get up 6 in the morning

but as all of you I'm exited about the new song,knowing his singles weren't always his best songs on the album.

enjoy today.

Chris Evans just said the new Moz song will play at 8.10am on BBC Radio 2.
He then proceeded to take the piss out of the chorus & lyrics whilst poorly impersonating him - the man is odious.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom