"Spent The Day In Bed" first single - will be premiered on BBC 6 Music Shaun Keaveny, Sep. 19

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT:

Posted by JoeSellMozza:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b094n74t

19/09/2017
Tuesday sees Prof Brian Cox joining Shaun after 9am for his weekly Science chat. Plus, Matt Everitt has the latest Music News which includes a chat with Radiohead's Philip Selway & there is a new Morrissey track to play after 8am. Spent The Day In Bed is the first single to be taken from his first studio album in three years and sees Morrissey in fine form with typically assertive lyrics sung over joyful melodies, pleading 'Stop...Watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you', juxtaposing with a final refrain, 'No Bus, No Boss, No Rain, No Train'.

The album Low in High School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone's Forum Studios and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli.

BBC 6 Music breakfast DJ Shaun Keaveny said on his show this morning that he will be playing "new Morrissey music" on his programme tomorrow after 8am GMT.

Posted by javert:

Update - It shall be on at 8:40 am

Last edited by a moderator:
Am just listening to Chris Evans. Do people really choose to listen to this? Come armageddon come. Jesus. Hurry up and play the song you arsehole.

Am just listening to Chris Evans. Do people really choose to listen to this? Come armageddon come. Jesus. Hurry up and play the song you arsehole.
It's utterly painful.
FWD.

Action stations everyone !
It's almost time, take up your positions by the radio and report back later.:guitar:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Finally got something musical to listen to but the lyrics have beenonthe devline since Shelagh Delaney stopped writing them.

Low in High School:

01 My Love, I’d Do Anything for You
02 I Wish You Lonely
03 Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage
04 Home Is a Question Mark
05 Spent the Day in Bed
06 I Bury the Living
07 In Your Lap
08 The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
09 All the Young People Must Fall in Love
10 When You Open Up Your Legs
11 Who Will Protect Us From the Police?
12 Israel

This one is growing on me for sure. I love the melody and tinkling of the keys.

Last edited:
Listened twice so far... lovely song... cheeky lyrics and catchy tune.. not a stunner but solid effort

I particularly liked the line

I'm not my type

Not great but not as bad as anything on World Piece - liked the segment "Stop watching the news"

Listened twice so far... lovely song... cheeky lyrics and catchy tune.. not a stunner but solid effort

I particularly liked the line

I'm not my type

I thought that was funny as well. I liked a lot of the lines honestly such as a pillar of pillows or it's a consolation when all of my dreams are perfectly legal. Life ends in death so be good to yourself be good to yourself for once also rings true even if cliche

I liked it on first listen, and it gets better with each subsequent listen. Each time, there are different textures and flourishes to appreciate. Bodes well for the new album.

Great to see Morrissey trending on Twitter all day, too.

Terrible song. No single, cheap production. NO MELODY.
Cheeky lyrics, and this is the the single, the best song. :flamethrow:

interesting nod to shoplifters?

I don't know. I just found the idea that if an activities not illegal it's not worth getting out of bed for amusing. I'm sure someone somewhere will make it about gay marriage and who knows maybe it is

I think it's a winner. It's a good choice for a single. Refrain sinks in nicely. Hooked me on second listen. If not already mentioned the UK Amazon has it up for pre-order now. A couple track titles are going to make heads explode here :lbf:

Last edited:
Spent the day in bed,
and now I dread
going out 'cause I have bed-head.

Spent the day in bed,
many tears I've shed
since I lost my indie cred.

Spent the day in bed,
wishing I were dead,
after Taylor Swift sampled Right Said Fred.

Spent the day in bed...

Not sure if my jokingly bad lyrics from yesterday are any worse than the real ones we got today.

he should have spent the day in bed avoiding jesse etc- and trying to contact alain whyte , cant see this weak effort getting on any radio station playlists - it wouldn't have even made a b side in the 90s - very disappointed

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom