Spent the Day - video vs. song

BorealBoy

This Charming Fan
I wonder whether the video was shot before the final mixdown of the single? All those guitars! The guys are seen thrashing on their guitars but there is little or no guitar audible on the actual single. They could have shot the video in a way that would involve Boz and Jesse but with less guitar visuals.

I wonder whether the video was shot before the final mixdown of the single? All those guitars! The guys are seen thrashing on their guitars but there is little or no guitar audible on the actual single. They could have shot the video in a way that would involve Boz and Jesse but with less guitar visuals.

You might wanna watch again. Mando is playing bass vigorously I guess but Jesse is seen in the video doing nothing in the verses and lightly strumming a ringing chord and playing a couple of lines or notes in the chorus. For the most part he just standing there in this one. Boz is strumming an acoustic rhythm throughout the song but I don’t know if I’d agree that he’s thrashing

If it was recorded previously to the studio version, so they actually played a live version it would have been great to release it, the video I mean, just prior to the single release.

I think it’s great, funny, especially Joey Barton pushing MoZ around in the wheelchair and having this deadpan expression on his face.

Musically it sounded very good too.
The self mockery tone is giving it a funny touch which is a bit missing on the single and the tv shows he played at.
Just my two cents. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom