Spike T. Smith - Ouija Board drum play-through.

To be honest, I don't think any of the live drummers have got anywhere close to the brilliance of Andrew Paresi's drumming on the original recording. It's a real shame he never actually toured with Morrissey.

it's not fair to compare [hey I did a rhyme] Spike's good drumm playing live and the song on the background, I dunno why Morrissey has/d/ve problems with Drummers, Joyce,Cobrin, Taylor, Deano and Spike...The most chnnges in His band.

also a *** out of 5 from the Netherlands [south], have good sunday all, and thanks Spike , nice to have hear and see you playing.

very good work,who wouldn't want to be a drummer,for me the person who burns the most energy during a show,must be sore on the armas after 90 minutes of it.

Absolutely fantastic what he does in the song and very original from a drumming perspective. He's really great.

I enjoyed Spike's drumming on the 1999 tour as it suited the setlist of the time. Would liked to have heard him drumming on a Moz album but he seemed to have departed the group almost as soon as that tour was over. Shame. Did have a flick through Mozipedia but there's no mention.

very good work,who wouldn't want to be a drummer,for me the person who burns the most energy during a show,must be sore on the armas after 90 minutes of it.

To be fair though, most of the songs in a Morrissey setlist are not going to be very challenging or strenuous for most drummers. How many calories are you going to burn chugging through the likes of 'Everyday is Like Sunday', or 'There is a Light that Never Goes Out'?

I enjoyed Spike's drumming on the 1999 tour as it suited the setlist of the time. Would liked to have heard him drumming on a Moz album but he seemed to have departed the group almost as soon as that tour was over. Shame. Did have a flick through Mozipedia but there's no mention.
Correct on all counts,that's the only fault I could find with Mozipedia that Spike was missing, otherwise it's excellent in every respect.

it's not fair to compare [hey I did a rhyme] Spike's good drumm playing live and the song on the background, I dunno why Morrissey has/d/ve problems with Drummers, Joyce,Cobrin, Taylor, Deano and Spike...The most chnnges in His band.

also a *** out of 5 from the Netherlands [south], have good sunday all, and thanks Spike , nice to have hear and see you playing.
You left out Chamberlin. Yes he was just the drummer on Ringleader but it still points to yet another drummer required to fill a seat.

The Muppets’ Animal of Morrissey drummers.
Kidding - Spike brought something different to the table, including Moz’ beloved bongos.

And maybe the only Morrissey drummer who likes going out of his way to showcase/reinterpret past Morrissey drummers’ work. He was proud of his take on Spencer’s The Operation, too.

You left out Chamberlin. Yes he was just the drummer on Ringleader but it still points to yet another drummer required to fill a seat.

the time around ROTT I missed a lot, due my stay in the Hospital, and being held in coma in ER...in 2006 he played 3 times in my country, a record, but not for me, so Marred I think I don't even knew or know about Chamberlain, but thanks for adding, and for me to look on some bootlegs on youtube.
Thanks for adding or correcting me.

the time around ROTT I missed a lot, due my stay in the Hospital, and being held in coma in ER...in 2006 he played 3 times in my country, a record, but not for me, so Marred I think I don't even knew or know about Chamberlain, but thanks for adding, and for me to look on some bootlegs on youtube.
Thanks for adding or correcting me.
No worries just adding to the info. My god you wake up in hospital and he's gone and left you a new album to catch up on. Wow.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom