Stella McCartney - Leather free shoes for Morrissey

MAKING MENSWEAR WITH STELLA MCCARTNEY - Prestige Online
With her debut collection of sustainable menswear, Stella McCartney shows the world why she is the thinking man's choice.

BY THERESA HAROLD ON JANUARY 9, 2017

Excerpt:

“Their shoes should be cooler than a conventional pair of shoes made out of dead cows. I feel it’s really the right time to bring that into men’s wardrobes, because they do not have anyone designing in a conscious way for them.

“The first pair of vegetarian shoes that I designed and made were for Morrissey, because he asked me to make him some stylish shoes. He’s so cool from head to – and then it comes to toe, and you’re like, ‘What have you got on your feet?’ Because there was no option for him.”

But it’s important to note that this isn’t just a collection for men at Morrissey levels of activism. This is, first and foremost, clothes men want to wear. Right on cue, two male models walk to where McCartney and I are sitting. They’re demonstrating a couple of looks from the new range, as McCartney gestures and talks me through the pieces.

39541_Dapper-style-is-guaranteed-with-Stella-McCartney-s-debut-menswear-collection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the socks with sandals has been around for a while. Since the late nineties for me when PAC sun and cargo shorts were a thing. Usually with shorts though like three out of four of those pics. Don't see it as much with pants let alone suits and dressier slacks. To me that's odd but may e it's just a current trend like leaving out the vowels in your band name. Im old I don't know what's up. Girls I feel can get away with it more as they wear skirts and dresses and they wear a lot of open toed shoes and shoes with straps anyway. Guys sandals are always so bulky like a lot of men's watches.

You know you are getting old when your children wear as a trend the same things your grandfather did when he was having a gout attack...

“The first pair of vegetarian shoes that I designed and made were for Morrissey, because he asked me to make him some stylish shoes. He’s so cool from head to – and then it comes to toe, and you’re like, ‘What have you got on your feet?’ Because there was no option for him.”

I have pair of real nice-looking Wills vegan brogue. Cost me 80 quid. There ARE options.

i hate hearing that boring old cliche of of how you cant wear socks with sandals, said by certain people with authouritarian rigidity, as though good taste, which these people fancy themselves to be unquestionably in on, dictates against it, and as though people who eschew the pedestrian mandate of "no socks with sandals", need to be informed. in reality, socks with sandals is a great look, which seems to be favoured in particular by italian designers, who it strikes me probably know a little more about fashion than these unwarrantedly self-proclaimed authourities. if you look at the pictures on the sartorialist website you'll see any number of chic milanese and florentine men wearing sandals with *horror* socks. of course they have to be the right kind of sandals and the right kind of socks. no costco tube socks or that sort of thing. (no offense to costco!)

as to the picture, yeah, not great looks (in my opinion). i have never loved stella mccartney as a designer. im sure she's a wonderful person though!

i hate hearing that boring old cliche of of how you cant wear socks with sandals, said by certain people with authouritarian rigidity, as though good taste, which these people fancy themselves to be unquestionably in on, dictates against it, and as though people who eschew the pedestrian mandate of "no socks with sandals", need to be informed. in reality, socks with sandals is a great look, which seems to be favoured in particular by italian designers, who it strikes me probably know a little more about fashion than these unwarrantedly self-proclaimed authourities. if you look at the pictures on the sartorialist website you'll see any number of chic milanese and florentine men wearing sandals with *horror* socks. of course they have to be the right kind of sandals and the right kind of socks. no costco tube socks or that sort of thing. (no offense to costco!)

as to the picture, yeah, not great looks (in my opinion). i have never loved stella mccartney as a designer. im sure she's a wonderful person though!

Like this:
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 20.59.31.png

MAKING MENSWEAR WITH STELLA MCCARTNEY - Prestige Online
With her debut collection of sustainable menswear, Stella McCartney shows the world why she is the thinking man's choice.

BY THERESA HAROLD ON JANUARY 9, 2017

Excerpt:

“Their shoes should be cooler than a conventional pair of shoes made out of dead cows. I feel it’s really the right time to bring that into men’s wardrobes, because they do not have anyone designing in a conscious way for them.

But it’s important to note that this isn’t just a collection for men at Morrissey levels of activism. This is, first and foremost, clothes men want to wear. Right on cue, two male models walk to where McCartney and I are sitting. They’re demonstrating a couple of looks from the new range, as McCartney gestures and talks me through the pieces.

39541_Dapper-style-is-guaranteed-with-Stella-McCartney-s-debut-menswear-collection.jpg
Everyone in picture looks like a dweeb.

Crikey! I would be less queer than those lads in that photo even if I had a willie in me mouth.

lot's of people wear socks with sandals. they're called tourists.

I guess with the right kind of sandals you mean Birkenstock sandals or something similar, as Steve Jobs used to wear and made a trend of it. I share your opinion about the idea that everything should be possible in fashion. The more revolutionary the better, but that doesn't mean people can't feel a little shock when they see something contrary to standards. That's the idea.

I love the shirt with birds. Morrissey would be super handsome wearing it. I do like her designs and I like her too, she seems a very nice person.

Yeah the socks with sandals has been around for a while. Since the late nineties for me when PAC sun and cargo shorts were a thing. Usually with shorts though like three out of four of those pics. Don't see it as much with pants let alone suits and dressier slacks. To me that's odd but may e it's just a current trend like leaving out the vowels in your band name. Im old I don't know what's up. Girls I feel can get away with it more as they wear skirts and dresses and they wear a lot of open toed shoes and shoes with straps anyway. Guys sandals are always so bulky like a lot of men's watches.
that really isn't the point, people are saying it will never be a nice site don't try and make it, nothing to do with how old it is, it is 'old' to everyone else.

that really isn't the point, people are saying it will never be a nice site don't try and make it, nothing to do with how old it is, it is 'old' to everyone else.

I guess it was a response to lazy sunbather on the bottom of the first page who mentioned how his teenage daughter does it and says all her friends do as well as if normal and or appealing. My mention was to say that I remember when it was just odd tacky behavior myself and then went to a desired accepted look around that time period. Thought the sandals and suits was even odder but could just be the trend now gone further as I'm no longer young enough to know. Anyway the look is old yes but how people see it or like/accept it seemed to be a generational trend. Seemed relevant to me

Hi i have returned like a moth to a flame, i was originally "An interesting Thug" on here, till they changed it all, anyhow matter in hand
if you head over to you tube and copy and paste this link:
(dont worry about the subtitles)

you will find the pope of mope talking to larry king quite candidly about his "Stella shoes"
the interview is around 23 mins but the crux of the shoes part of the interview is around 9.09 on the time bar.
its a great interview as interviews go, then at the end you are rewarded with a blistering rendition of "Kiss me a lot"

enjoy

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom