Strange/unexpected Moz references?

10 Celebrities Whose Love for Cats Might Surprise You

6. Morrissey

It’s true: Rock stars love cats, too. Just look at Morrissey, an English musician who has made waves for decades, as part of the band The Smiths and as a solo artist -- he was even named one of the greatest singers of all time by Rolling Stone. But we can't commend him only for his musical successes. The legendary rock star is a fierce animal advocate and PETA spokesperson, and his love of cats is so well known that there’s an entire Tumblr page dedicated to photos of him with cats. He likes them here, there, and everywhere -- including on his head.

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/ce...-videos-jon-hamm-cher-russell-brand-morrissey

In a recent edition of Savage Love by Dan Savage

Q. I'm a 40-year-old vegetarian guy living in a small college town and looking for an LTR. Sadly, most women my age eat meat. How do vegetarians and meat eaters compromise in LTRs?

A. The meat eater agrees to keep a meat-free home; the vegetarian agrees to keep a Morrissey-free home.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now was just on the BBC quiz show Pointless for songs featuring heaven or hell in the title. 23 out of 100 people knew it was by the Smiths.

Question today on ITV quiz The Chase.

"Whose third solo album was titled Your Arsenal?"

The Chaser and contestants didn't know it, they thought it was Robbie Williams:crazy:

I was reading this interview with Douglas P of Death In June and to my surprise, he mentioned Morrissey.

HH: All of this talk of potential trouble in Chicago or whatever sort of pales in comparison, doesn’t it?! You could have ended up with your head on the side of a road or something.

DP: Yeah, we were very careful, and I’ve read since that, in fact, it nearly happened to Morrisey [sic]. Morrisey jumped out of a taxi when he realized that the way to the border was one way and the driver was going somewhere else. So I was reading in his excellent autobiography, he literally threw himself out of the cab. He was in the middle of an abduction. I mean there was something like 150,000 abductions last year in Mexico. They do take it seriously, and we did too. Which brings the whole atmosphere down a little to a slightly oppressive, creepy thing. I mean I walked out on my own and I walked around. I was just careful and I could see—I’ve been to war zones and I’ve put myself in danger—but I could see this was kind of relentless. You knew where it could be coming from. I mean outside every hotel there were guards with machine guns—this is like fairly full-on.

http://www.fromupnorth.com/stunning-hand-drawn-lettering-804/

5216fa65bc18a.jpg

I don't know if anybody cares, but the smiths get mentioned in the 3rd episode of the 3rd season of 'parks and recreation'.

I don't know if anybody cares, but the smiths get mentioned in the 3rd episode of the 3rd season of 'parks and recreation'.

Nobody cares. I know this because I am the president of the Nobody Cares Club and it was on the agenda for the week.

Morrissey was a clue on Jeopardy again. The category was "Big" so the answer had to have that word in it. The clue was "Morrissey sings that he 'strikes again'." Of course the answer was "Who is bigmouth?" and the contestant who rang in the fastest got it right. (By the way, The Smiths weren't mentioned in the clue at all, please get over it.)

Last edited:
The very first Only Connect question tonight - picture quiz - Yootha Joyce, Pat Phoenix, Candy Darling, the Salford Lad's Club - guess the link...

P.

So here's a grab from Britain's toughest quiz last night...they show each picture in turn and you have to guess the link. Being of the mindset I am, I got it on the first pic, as I'm sure many of you will also have. By the way, the team here got it right after the other team couldn't get the link.

NA7Y8sn.jpg

P.

Last edited:
I see from Google Streetview of the offices of Universal Music in Kensington (W14) that they had a window display of "World Peace is None of Your Business" which featured a real moped last August. I can't quite see whether they also included a stuffed Paula or Morrissey.

See it here:

http://goo.gl/maps/gbBJ7

cleaning out the closet for our move and found some old stuff. been here long enough ill declare myself a

image_zps2zkl67hl.jpg

and of course being me the names not spelled correctly. maybe on the cemetry stone stephen but probably not

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vNzAztSyHrE[/video]

That was pretty good. I was prepared to hate it, but they're actually talented and funny.

Tribute to Ridiculous Voices, Morrissey at about 2:10 -- "I am Morrissey and I'm depressed. It's 'cause I never ever have sex" sung to HSIN. Embedded it for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
just watched bobs bergers s4 e9 slumber party where linda says babies geting rabies which for sure made me think of the song from world peace

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom