Strange/unexpected Moz references?

CaDVXEQWYAQg61A.png
i love his signature, it's so artistic! <3

This article in the Economist titled "A coastal town they forgot to close down: The sad underside of George Osborne’s metropolitan revolution"...

"“People aren’t usually in Blackpool if they have somewhere to go,” says Brian, an unemployed waiter outside the job centre.

His comment reminded Bagehot of a song by Morrissey in which the gloomadon-popping Lancastrian evoked “the coastal town that they forgot to close down”. The lyric captures something of Blackpool’s sadness, but also the economic transformation under which it is falling yet further behind and which was advanced by George Osborne in his budget."

Just read this bookimage.jpg
Guy seems to love Moz, didn't expect it as he reminds me of Tucker Max.

Maybe not strange- or unexpected- but I thought this was a funny Morrissey anecdote from Cracked.com.
The article is from 2015, but was promoted on their FB this week. I'd never heard these exact Moz anecdotes from Viña del Mar before, have you all? Did he really insist that everyone in the building be "locked in their offices"? :squiffy:

"23 Bizarre Demands Celebrities Have Made Behind the Scenes"

^Moz is #18

408768_v1.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Rapper Vic Mensa mentions Morrissey and the Smiths in an interview -

"The things that push me, and motivate me, are The Smiths and Morrissey, f***ing Jay-Z’s ‘The Blueprint’, that’s the type of shit I’m putting myself next to in the levels of artistry that I’m trying to achieve - in my own way."

A couple of Morrissey mentions -

Lupe Fiasco - Mural

"then forge poetry like a young honorary Morrissey"

Skizzy Mars - I'm Ready

"Vintage tee's and dirty vans
You're the only one that understands
The Smiths in your earbuds
Hoping that you come again..

I know you love Morrissey
And your favorite song is You Have Killed Me"

I listened to the album called Dopamine of a singer called Barnes and one song has a line "Heaven knows I'm miserable"

This isn't a Morrissey reference but I just read this "Tycoons and politicians were the initial focus of the gossip trade; one British photographer bribed a gardener to gain entrance to Winston Churchill’s house, where he hid, waiting for the perfect shot, until Churchill spotted him and chased him away." It reminds me of "Churchillian legs" in "Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye," a song about photographers and paparazzi.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/02/22/inside-harvey-levins-tmz

Listening to BBC radio 4 just now and chanced upon David Quantick's programme recorded in 2014, "52 First Impresssions". Towards the end he mentions that he studied law and didn't gat a good degree. He went on to mention that what he knew of the law wasn't enough to stop Morrissey successfully suing him for libel. That was back in 2008 apparently when he wrote a defamatory article in The Word magazine.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom