Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Silent witness bbc1 tonight , 20 year anniversary, The Smiths - Sheila take a bow , played in the episode last night , which was set in Mexico . The second episode of the two parter ,again Sheila take a bow , was played in closing credits

I was listening to Moose Blood earlier. A song of theirs, "Bukowski", references Morrissey.

I was rewatching Peter Kay's Car Share and forgot that "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" plays on Forever FM.

A piece in the New Yorker about a concert featuring the music of Brahms and exploring the composer's close friendships with various painters had the title "Hand in Glove" in the print version.. The online version omits the title (but is mentioned as a reference). Not sure if this was meant as a Smiths reference, but the author of the article seems of the vintage and background that he would know the Smiths.

From Greg:

I've just been to a rehearsal for the Mary O'Malley play 'Once a Catholic' and in it a priest says to his class of teenage girls, 'You're all big girls now. Some of you are bigger than others...'

It was written in 1977 and revived several times, including in the very early 80s, and there's every possibility Morrissey either saw it or read it. I haven't been able to find anything connecting the two, have you come across it before? It's set in an Irish catholic high school so it's definitely his territory!

I was watching Channel 4 News which featured Wolfgang Tillman exhibition at Tate Modern and interview with Tillman.

Yes, I spotted a Morrissey photo in one of the exhibits. :)

Freak angels vol six one character to another says a rush and a push and the land is ours. The reply is geez you really did spend your whole life in your bedroom. He replies I was writing

The day the singer Jose Madero Vizcaino met Morrissey is mentioned in his autobiography "Odio Odiar".

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom