Strange/unexpected Moz references?

(This is a different image, but of a known episode already posted here).

OP here. I'm really thrilled and dumbfounded that this thread is still going after 13 years.

watching the armando anucci show and he writes a peom.
girlfriend in a coma.
with a face like hana mandlikova.

Gated article in The Times (Sunday):

Joe Strummer, Morrissey, Stormzy and more — the six musicians who defined their decade

Morrissey section:
1980s: Morrissey
Back when he was still iconic for all the right reasons, the Smiths frontman wrote both personal and unapologetically political lyrics, brimful of heart, humour and audacious inventiveness.
The Queen Is Dead (1986) savages Thatcherism.
“We can go for a walk where it’s quiet and dry/ And talk about precious things/ Like love and law and poverty/ These are the things that kill me.”

Regards,
FWD.

51bn1QUC+lL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Via translate:

The greatest exponent of the British indie, Morrissey is a lyricist, a writer who has been able to sing the degradation and dreams of redemption of the English working class. Sober in writing, as in lifestyle, he has always rejected the stage of fame to focus on minimal stories, with a universal breath. Follower and enthusiast of the New York Dolls and the Kitchen sink drama, Morrissey was one of the few to give depth to the vacuous and affected '80s. In this road book we talk about his fall and the subsequent artistic rebirth: from the tormented childhood in the post-industrial suburbs of Manchester, to the dissolution of the Smiths, up to the illuminations that will be condensed in You are the quarry, the solo record that will restore to Morrissey his role as a guiding light on the contemporary pop scene.

Other blurb via translate:

Alessandro Angeli is a young writer from Grosseto who already has a roundup of books behind him and in these days "Morrissey. The eternal boy" has been published for Ortica Editrice. Among the previous works, famous is "Trasmission. Life, death and vision of Ian Curtis, Joy Division" released in 2014 and published by "Stampa Alternativa", then again for Ortica Editrice Angeli he wrote "We were fighting the fascists by sea and by land . Life and Ballads of Woody Guthrie "," Pam and Jim. An American Prayer "and" The Clash 1977. RIPunk Joe Strummer ". The last one dedicated to Morrisey is already available online.

Appears to be Italian only currently.
FWD.

Think it should read Sept not January 92. The first Arsenal date
was Minneapolis Sept 12 and last
was Dec 23 in Germany. Correct me anyone, if I’m wrong.

Yes. The first dates were a handful of festivals in Juli (+ he cancelled Glastonbury in late June), but January does seem unlikely since they recorded the album in February/March.
He did wear that shirt (or a very similar one) during the recording sessions too though.

1109fd8f6191d96735d3e253000e3109.jpg

No long sideburns in the Jopson photo, which makes me wonder if it’s from the 92 Arsenal period at all.

Could be wrong, I mean it wouldn’t take him long to grow them out.

I noticed. They were shorter in summer 1992.

This is July 1992.

Morrissey by Pete Still at Finsbury Park, 1992_1.jpg

And hair, sideburns and shirt looked almost exactly the same in the Tomorrow video.

aae419969713d524932a17c9be3b9686.jpg

3d258e93e405d514b2886e97f57e0a21.jpg

Glam Glue + People videos, both shot in Chicago...

mqdefault.jpg
79.jpg

Think 1992 is a very safe bet.

Last edited:
What is the EDILS special release?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom