Strange/unexpected Moz references?

It is a cryptically titled email:
"Everyday is like Sunday?“

Screenshot_20210814-183103~2.png

Via bulk marketing email.
FWD.

(no idea, but guess: Bona Drag surplus :) )

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant’s favourite albums of all time

The Bends – Radiohead – RG
Strangeways Here We Come – The Smiths – SM
Blood on the Tracks – Bob Dylan – RG & SM
Teaser and the Firecat – Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam – RG
Aladdin Sane – David Bowie – RG
Boom! Shake the Room – Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince – SM

The whole of Hollywood High with some 'art' titles.
Probably being copyright struck as I type:

FB_IMG_1629319614581.jpg
FB_IMG_1629319612267.jpg

From a FB group that wouldn't share original post.

Source IG page.
Apparently it's a commission via that page.

FWD.

Two minutes of "Workers Shoplifters of the World Unite" in an ARTE documentary on photographer Daniel Josefsohn----

Shoplifters in Docu on Daniel Josefsohn

Not sure if the link will lead you to the respective scene in the docu.
Starts at 11:50 and ends at 13:55 minutes.

There is an English subtitle available when you go to "Sprachenauswahl" in the upper right hand corner.

Daniel Josefsohn was sort of the Fassbinder of post-unification German photography, a punk behind the camera.

The young lady in the docu draws a similarity between the Smiths song and skateboarding. A political interpretation of the song is sort of looming in the background too.

It must have been the Smiths Song that turned him into a photographer... ;)

Lots of interesting docus in the Arte mediathek at the moment, also music related. Will post a few links in the Film section, as they offer a language option with subtitles now.

The gorgeous Hayley Orrantia wearing a Moz t shirt in 'The Goldbergs' when her character is dateless and miserable on Valentine's Day. A tired trope, but worth it.
C4L3DvZUYAEocxC.jpg

@21punksalute Know anything about this one? I did some searching and I found a logo with that image that you may have worked on from 2002.
It was taken by Richard Jopson at RAH Producers center. Richard and I happened to be an interns there. Our luckiest moment of our live came early as Moz decided to do his Your Arsenal rehearsals there. We snuck in and watched and secretly recorded them. Moz let Richard , a student at Columbia College at the time, take some pics of him. He snapped about 10 with his Canon film camera. Moz said “okay that’s enough “ This was the only picture to turn out.

It was taken by Richard Jopson at RAH Producers center. Richard and I happened to be an interns there. Our luckiest moment of our live came early as Moz decided to do his Your Arsenal rehearsals there. We snuck in and watched and secretly recorded them. Moz let Richard , a student at Columbia College at the time, take some pics of him. He snapped about 10 with his Canon film camera. Moz said “okay that’s enough “ This was the only picture to turn out.

Must have been a wonderful experience! thanks for sharing.

Any chance of us hearing those rehearsal recordings? If not, was there any songs attempted that didn’t end up on the tour’s setlist?

:)

Yer Arse'n'all may have just got humped 5-0. But at least there is a Kevin 'Cummings' reminiscence on his trip to Japan in the matchday programme ~

Morrissey KC Man City vs Arsenal matchday programme 28th August 2021.jpg

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom