Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I should say not.

Anyway, can't help but laugh at the idea of "having a problem" with Iggy Pop if he didn't like Morrissey. "What a relieve" that he wasn't dissing him. Otherwise, we'd have a f***ing problem. Welcome to high school, where shit like that matters.

I should say not.

Anyway, can't help but laugh at the idea of "having a problem" with Iggy Pop if he didn't like Morrissey. "What a relieve" that he wasn't dissing him. Otherwise, we'd have a f***ing problem. Welcome to high school, where shit like that matters.

Oh but raytownian, I just like Moz and Iggy as well and thought they were on good terms.
Was just a bit shocked Iggy would diss Moz.
Thankfully it didn't happen.
No big deal really.
Like your avatar. Is it a tabby?
I had one many years ago and this photo reminds me of him.
Beautiful cat.

two weeks in a row Morrissey has appeared on the bbc4 quiz show HIVE MINDS,first time was singers with only one name and the week later was the title PANIC.

Headphone Highlights interview with producer Mike WiLL Made-It - From Shawty Lo and Tity Boi to Gucci Mane and Morrissey: the Atlanta hit machine breaks down his favorite songs by his idols and collaborators.

"Alanta super producer Mike Will Made It sat down with RBMA Radio to run down a list of personal favorites by his idols and collaborators. Going from his early encounters with pre-incarceration Gucci Mane, we revisit songs by 2Chainz when he was still DTP affiliate Titi Boi, Trap godfather T.I., and high octane rap duo Rae Sremmurd. Mike also pays homage to late great Shawty Lo and the legacy of Outkast, and even taps into the songwriting genius of Morrissey and Johnny Marr."

Article about independent publishers, in particular And Other Stories which published a book by Juan Pablo Villalobos, I'll Sell You a Dog

Flux Magazine: Future of Fiction & Other Stories – Indie Publishers fight back

Make like Morrissey (but not Johnny Marr)

When artists challenge the canon, it’s usually a sign they are becoming an institution themselves: think Taylor Swift v Spotify, or Morrissey demanding his autobiography be published as a Penguin Classic. This was a move that simultaneously exercised his power and exposed the system he operated in. Incidentally, Juan Pablo Villalobos’ Off the Shelf talk was soundtracked by Mexrrissey, the one and only Mexican-Morrissey-cover-band. Unlike their live set, Mexrrissey’s album (released earlier this year) contains no Smiths songs because Johnny Marr refused their license. The Smiths had stuck it to the man by redefining who that man could be; by taking the path of Morrissey, not Marr, Juan Pablo Villalobos’ I’ll Sell You a Dog overturns the idea of the artistic canon. He describes how the novel emerged from his “frustrated PhD thesis about forgotten writers in the first part of the 20th Century in Latin America,” – people effectively “erased from literary history."

Noel Gallagher is on BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq show right now.

He picked a song Mighty Joe by Shocking Blue.
As you know it was one of the clips shown 2009 tour.

Noel also mentioned that he got know the song through Morrissey.

Britt Haraway, Tim Regan join forces on musical literary event

"....More than 20 years after they first met, Haraway and Regan are teaming up again this week for a unique reading of selections from Haraway’s debut book of short stories, "Early Men," published this summer by Lamar University Press. The reading Thursday at Bar DKDC, itself a unique venue for a literary event, will feature Haraway, an assistant professor at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and fiction editor of the school’s arts journal, reading selections from his work interspersed with songs performed by Regan....Some of the songs Regan will perform Thursday are expressly suggested by the text, such as Morrissey’s “Now My Heart Is Full,” which figures prominently in the story “Lottie’s Dressing.” ...“I don’t think, as far as my own experience, that literature and music are very separate,” says Haraway. “I know from my own experience with the characters maybe you learn a little bit more about them by actually listening to, say, a Morrissey song, and maybe you understand a little bit more about why I chose that reference.”

Morrissey is the answer in the Guardian Christmas Prize Crossword. The clue is:

'Rejecting reply to teacher by Gypsy (9)'

The unwritten theme of the crossword appears to be 80s pop acts, hence the lack of further definition. The answer is the reverse (rejection) of "Yes, Sir" + "Rom"

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom