Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Not a reference as such but my partner and I find it very funny that the last two times we’ve done our grocery shopping, instead of the usual Bee Gees/Beyonce/Sheeran as the background music they’ve been playing Morrissey in Morrisons.
The other day they played The Cure too. Not sure if it’s coincidence and their music is piped in from a streaming service or if they’ve just hired a 90s miserabilist who has control of the CD player.
That's simple demographics. They're aiming for 35-55 being the prime demographic, and in order to keep them shopping longer, they tickle that nostalgia bone. I realized I was getting older one night a few years ago when I was doing late night shopping at Safeway and one good song after the other played. It's going to be funny listening to stuff like Modest Mouse, The Strokes, etc in another 10 years. Maybe by the time I'm 80 they'll just be blasting "Get Low."

That's simple demographics. They're aiming for 35-55 being the prime demographic, and in order to keep them shopping longer, they tickle that nostalgia bone. I realized I was getting older one night a few years ago when I was doing late night shopping at Safeway and one good song after the other played. It's going to be funny listening to stuff like Modest Mouse, The Strokes, etc in another 10 years. Maybe by the time I'm 80 they'll just be blasting "Get Low."

I'm looking forward to being in an old folks' home in 2060 when they bring in the techno and drum 'n bass DJs to keep the residents happy.

I like the thought of a retirement home full of gummie grammies gurning on MDMA
4014E456-7A27-46A2-B368-6113977386AB.jpeg

Fountain Records shows off a great scrapbook that was collated in the 80's featuring Morrissey - reminded me of all the magazines I used to chop up to do the same thing:

Regards,
FWD.

Ten minutes ago it was played The Boy With The Torn In His Side in Radio Mitre, the most listened radio here in Argentina. Just before the live transmition of Sampaoli's press conference, the coach of the national football team.

Radio show Infinite monkey cage, 100th episode, and because it was the 100th show, they asked the listening audience the question, " which scientific advance do you want to become a reality by the time of the 200th show", the answer that got the biggest laugh was, " the ability to scientifically explain, what went wrong with Morrissey."

Please excuse Mr. Fousey-permanent voyage of discovery-tube, but noticed that image/shirt is still haunting Supreme stores...

20180728_230121.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
More a strange Smiths reference:

The Bangor pub turned vegan coffee house run by a former member of The Smiths.

"A former member of The Smiths who became a gourmet vegan chef is opening a cafe in a well known former Bangor pub.

Dale Hibbert, bass player with the original Smiths line-up, snapped up the former Kings Arms (O’Shea’s Irish Bar) at auction - the day after first seeing the site."

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/bangor-pub-turned-vegan-coffee-14954748

Regards,
FWD.

on episode 3 of the Netflix series "dark tourist" the journalist meets up with a Jeffrey Dahmer fanatic who's wearing a Morrissey shirt. when he comments on her black tee shirt (apparently he expected her to be entirely clad in black), she says "but it's Morrissey" and then, apropos of nothing (except maybe to contrast him with dahmers, er, flesh eating ways),"he's a vegan".

mutts_zpstyjht6fu.jpg

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom