Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Not really that strange or unexpected but....
A few mentions of TQID towards the end. "I totally connected with Morrissey and all his frustration and his desperate need for everybody just to listen to what he’s trying to say."

A few mentions of TQID towards the end. "I totally connected with Morrissey and all his frustration and his desperate need for everybody just to listen to what he’s trying to say."

the difference being... Morrissey actually had something to say and in such a new way, with a voice so unique, a voice that only comes around once every million years.

:cool:

Considering the homophobic slurs that get chucked Moz's way now - I wonder how many got thrown his way then??? I suspect there's a lot of glass houses.

Also look at the state of Quantick now people he likes are getting a kicking...

View attachment 59137

With Noel, Liam, Ian Brown í see alot of the old NME/MM hacks basically reviving their old class prejudices; "well what did you expect of those Northern 'gammons'? Blur were always the smart boys", etc

But yeah now that they are going for Van Morrison et al, it's hilarious to see these old farts spouting "Oh we've always known he's a genius but insane. If you're a FAN you've always known that, and you accept the madness as part of the brilliance". Or even better, "him being a shit is part of his genius", etc. The shallow philosophical contortions of these morons is delightful to watch.

Most of these hacks {as opposed to the ex-fans, which is a whole other story} have been gunning for Moz for decades and the idea of applying this even-handed equivocal approach to that fascist is beyond the pale. They simply see this as the ultimate payback kicking, for someone most of them always saw as a "wrong 'un".

The Plague Days have also thrown up the frankly amusing sight of so many of these only slightly talented writers, who have sustained healthy careers in the media for decades, face their version of 'cancellation', with the media landscape in meltdown {be it magazine closures, or old white male faces being surplus to requirements}. Having been assured of employment for 30 years, on the meagerest of talent, while casually attempting to torpedo others livelihood, it does provide some filthy glee to see these bores mourn for their failing mags, or beg their followers to buy their titles.

í may not be able to pronounce schadenfreude, but í can sure as schit spell it ;)

Morrissey fans can’t get by without a can of Fanta

s-l400.jpg

I do like fizzy orange drinks.

Morrissey fans can’t get by without a can of Fanta

s-l400.jpg
Out of all the horrors that are sweet soft drinks, Fanta is the very worst and it's Morrissey's favourite as well (if we believe Simon Armitage's infamous 2010 Guardian piece, where he complained about the lack of "Jack Daniel's and chopped pharmaceuticals offered on the bare breasts of Filipino slave girls" (how ironic) on the hospitality trolley because all Morrissey had to offer was hand-stitched tea-bags, a quote about the mistreatment of animals in China that would eternally come back to haunt him and the root of all evil: F a n t a.)

With Noel, Liam, Ian Brown í see alot of the old NME/MM hacks basically reviving their old class prejudices; "well what did you expect of those Northern 'gammons'? Blur were always the smart boys", etc

But yeah now that they are going for Van Morrison et al, it's hilarious to see these old farts spouting "Oh we've always known he's a genius but insane. If you're a FAN you've always known that, and you accept the madness as part of the brilliance". Or even better, "him being a shit is part of his genius", etc. The shallow philosophical contortions of these morons is delightful to watch.

Most of these hacks {as opposed to the ex-fans, which is a whole other story} have been gunning for Moz for decades and the idea of applying this even-handed equivocal approach to that fascist is beyond the pale. They simply see this as the ultimate payback kicking, for someone most of them always saw as a "wrong 'un".

The Plague Days have also thrown up the frankly amusing sight of so many of these only slightly talented writers, who have sustained healthy careers in the media for decades, face their version of 'cancellation', with the media landscape in meltdown {be it magazine closures, or old white male faces being surplus to requirements}. Having been assured of employment for 30 years, on the meagerest of talent, while casually attempting to torpedo others livelihood, it does provide some filthy glee to see these bores mourn for their failing mags, or beg their followers to buy their titles.

í may not be able to pronounce schadenfreude, but í can sure as schit spell it ;)

Some of them don't even have a slight talent!

I really don't know how they can listen to Moz & decide a few sentences & one daft lesbian make him an evil right-winger.

It's insane.

One forgets the hellish speed of events ~ 1st August "NME" publishes the SMITHS TO SPLIT news story from still as-yet-unknown sources -- 8th of August Johnny talks to "NME" confirming split {but essentially implying that he was pushed into it by the appearance of the previous week's news story} -- Within a fortnight, after the abortive Ivor Perry sessions in Wilesden, Morrissey writes to Street wishing The Smiths be laid to rest, and í like your tape -- By the 14th of September Rough Trade confirm.

Six weeks is a pretty swift eclipse.

By the way, does anybody have a copy of the letter Morrissey penned to Street? He posted it on his site 8 years ago, but it is AWOL now.

And does anybody recognise this Smiths T-shirt that Stephen is wearing in the Wool Hall daze? New one on me.

stephen street morrissey.jpg

One forgets the hellish speed of events ~ 1st August "NME" publishes the SMITHS TO SPLIT news story from still as-yet-unknown sources -- 8th of August Johnny talks to "NME" confirming split {but essentially implying that he was pushed into it by the appearance of the previous week's news story} -- Within a fortnight, after the abortive Ivor Perry sessions in Wilesden, Morrissey writes to Street wishing The Smiths be laid to rest, and í like your tape -- By the 14th of September Rough Trade confirm.

By the way, does anybody have a copy of the letter Morrissey penned to Street? He posted it on his site 8 years ago, but it is AWOL now.

And does anybody recognise this Smiths T-shirt that Stephen is wearing in the Wool Hall daze? New one on me.

View attachment 59144

looks like the Strangeways cover to me. But what t-shirt is M wearing?

Odd photo anyway.

View attachment 59144

whoa johnny looks different there!

Some of them don't even have a slight talent!

I really don't know how they can listen to Moz & decide a few sentences & one daft lesbian make him an evil right-winger.

It's insane.

Maybe not but the 3 Manchester guys mentioned seem to have the ability to sell shed loads of albums and still play to huge crowds long into their careers.

View attachment 59144

Great pic!

looks like the Strangeways cover to me. But what t-shirt is M wearing?

Odd photo anyway.
I think those photos of them are great! And yes, it's a Strangeways shirt. Morrissey also wore one in some TV footage (South Bank Show, perhaps?) but I don't remember whether it was the same shirt or a different version.

s&m2.jpg

(I'm still looking for the letter, I'm sure I saved it somewhere...)

Last edited:
I think those photos of them are great! And yes, it's a Strangeways shirt. Morrissey also wore one in some TV footage (South Bank Show, perhaps?) but I don't remember whether it was the same shirt or a different version.

View attachment 59146

(I'm still looking for the letter, I'm sure I saved it somewhere...)

í was forensically studying the Davalos cover and comparing hairlines, foreheads and nostril shadows, at 3am {god help me}, and decided ~ No Dick. It must just be Stephen's wrinkles. Apologies for getting excited.

If you do not find that letter, you shall be severely spanked with a wet plimsoll...

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom