Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Yes, as I said, he had the drive to succeed regardless of meeting Marr or not. AND I never said how successful he would have been without The Smiths.

But, it is interesting though. If his solo success depended so much on the Smiths fan base (as you say) then why didn’t the other members profit from that Smiths fan base also?

Thank you for proving my point.

:tiphat:

You surprise me sometimes with some of the stuff you come out with. Johnny and Mike went off doing things that they wanted to do. I have no idea what Andy did.

the lawnmowers are making 'auctions' of moz related material, thats what they are up to. 🤒
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, the uppity lawnmower is selling smiths (moz) related broke gizmos for wig money:mad:

In November '89 he told Nick Kent he'd be on the first Bowdon dial-a-bus round to Johnny's, if the telephone rang, KROQ in Feb similar.
In those last 9 months of 1990 you can sense the gestation of the final death of The Smiths.
So, yes, that unannounced Monday tea-time telly appearance on Channel Four in December, pleading Guilty, marked the end of a thing; it also marked the beginning of my 'thing' with Moz. Watching in the Winter gloom of my front room, í knew then that í was in deep, for the long haul. And here we all are, now.

An ending with Johnny but a beginning with Joe. And now it's thirty years on.

Well, obviously, EMI, those fools, had not yet realised that they had the sublime lyricist and world class vocalist that would later emerge for our delectation, decades later...

"Working for it all
But it's money money
It's money money
It's money money
Watching a human fall
But it's only money
That's money money
That's money money"

:clap:

Last edited:
Not unexpected, but a Moz reference nevertheless...

Not really unexpected reference in a 6-page article about the Rough Trade label.
1m -co.jpg

MINT magazine, 07/20

The Queen Is Dead on 113.
Squeezed in between Goodbye Yellow Brick Road on 112 and... The Strokes on 114? 🤔

The Queen Is Dead on 113.
Squeezed in between Goodbye Yellow Brick Road on 112 and... The Strokes on 114? 🤔

Never mind the bollix. What is the point of these polls? Does it rhyme with dickbait?

What a load of guff. Two Radiohead albums in the Top 50 recordings of all time...? God, the Yanks will fall for anything.

And two from a guaranteed paedophile in the Top 40? Well, at least he's not racist...

Like, how 'great' does an album have to be before you forget that the 'artist' personally taught children how to masturbate...and the rest...?

That must be some hot shit groove man. And look at him dance: Woo-hoo!

:crazy:

Like, how 'great' does an album have to be before you forget that the 'artist' personally taught children how to masturbate...and the rest...?

That must be some hot shit groove man. And look at him dance: Woo-hoo!

:crazy:

Being dead (and American) is probably very helpful in this particular case.

The absolute state of the top 20 of this.

Nirvana (who I loved) on 6, higher than any Dylan or Bowie record, is an absolute joke.

Seeing Hole's Live Through This ranked much higher than Sabbath's Paranoid, an album that defined a whole genre of music, is doh:

Being dead (and American) is probably very helpful in this particular case.

The absolute state of the top 20 of this.

Nirvana (who I loved) on 6, higher than any Dylan or Bowie record, is an absolute joke.

Seeing Hole's Live Through This ranked much higher than Sabbath's Paranoid, an album that defined a whole genre of music, is doh:
They throw these daft polls out every few years, still as irrelevant as it was 3 or 4 years ago. Folk will buy anything.

...Did someone really miss the opportunity of a gold pun on that teapot?! doh:

Dear SLC : if you make one that says " shall I be Mozzer?" as it existentially should, it will be on my xmas list (I shall only use that teapot on very special occasions. Funeral, bar mitzvahs and such.)

Those " mask me" cards were brilliant btw... (Because, if it's not love, then it's covid, covid, covid, covid etc.)

I'm really looking forward to reading this book!

Here is Mr O'Hagan reading a favourite, key excerpt {& talking} last week at the LRB book shop ~

~ followed by the Boy Edmund providing the legally necessary footnote of Millennial approbation. With which Andrew concurs. Oh well.

Here is Mr O'Hagan reading a favourite, key excerpt {& talking} last week at the LRB book shop ~

~ followed by the Boy Edmund providing the legally necessary footnote of Millennial approbation. With which Andrew concurs. Oh well.

People who think Morrissey has no pull with a young audience these days should take a look at the fandom on Instagram or Twitter or visit one of his concerts... (oh, wait).
Yes, most of the 18, 19, 20 year-olds get into The Smiths first but many of them seem to love his solo work as well. His commitment to animal rights and "speaking his mind" is usually what they seem to admire about him.

Does anyone research or have any guts?

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom