strangely silent ahead of the UK tour

JoeSellMozza

I find it strangely silent a few days ahead of the UK tour.
Sure, most of the tickets are gone and a few shows sold out quickly, but there seems to be no promotion from BMG or Morrissey himself. Since his YouTube message in mid december there is no sign of him. Everything is silent on Facebook and Twitter too.
Also I wonder if the LIHS tour ends with the UK shows and the single one in Mexico.
No further european shows? To many black clouds since the "Der Spiegel" fiasco, don´t you find?

Last edited:
Thought that as well ... probably strategically staying quiet in hopes that the controversy that plagued him late last year fades away.

Last edited:
The band have been posting a tiny bit on social media (see '2018 live dates' thread).
I haven't posted pictures of M.Walker jogging, but they are all in London rehearsing. Similarly, Lyn Boorer has posted several things related to being excited for the tour. So the band are expecting some use. I'd expect some BMG activity on the 'official' portals in the build up to the March single. Moz will probably just appear on the first night.
We can but hope.
Regards,
FWD.

Whatever happened to excitement?

We're all so keen on accessibility these days, many people guess the setlist days in advance of the first show. "Oh! They played a bit of Sweet + Tender Hooligan at the soundcheck!... I can see the setlist has 18 songs on, and the first song is four words... they'll open with THE QUEEN IS DEAD."

Let's just have the enjoyment of not knowing what will come next. Lets not not try to guess he'll play the whole of "Viva Hate", followed up with "LIHS" in order, and an encore of "Work Is A Four Letter Word" and "Well I Wonder."

Maybe this is a good thing. Because, frankly, I'd hate to see more comments by B-B-B and the others here (the usual 'bunch') - who think that they know best, seem to administrate "something" but do nothing. Except annoy everyone.
And oddly enough, the answer via Solve Media that allowed me to post this amazing post was
"Good Vibes Only" - !

Hazard
x

I agree that it’s odd that the last tour date for now is the Mexico City festival. I really did think they’d add either some more Mexico dates in alongside this one, and/or some in the Southwest USA.

Last edited:
Perhaps, at last, he's decided to top himself instead of performing, once more.

Perhaps, at last, he's decided to top himself instead of performing, once more.

Perhaps, at least, alive or dead, he has made an impression on some people, as you will perhaps, never be able to do so.
Even if you tried.
You are nothing, you don’t exist.
Are you a person or a program?

I'm not at all surprised by the radio silence from Steve after the successful campaign to boycott Low in Clown School, closely followed up by once again (yawn) being exposed as a CrankFraud wearing the designer wool and cashmere cardigan in Paris. Oh ! And then he went on stage pissing and moaning about the Der Spiegel interview and how unless we see the words coming from his mouth, he didn't say it. . . . . . Etc !
Sadly he actually did say those things.
MYTH BUSTED !
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING A LYING CRANKFRAUD !
ENJOY THE SILENCE !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::loveletter:

doh:

people want him to shut up and just sing for them, and then when he doesn't say anything.. they get upset.

:cool:

doh:

people want him to shut up and just sing for them, and then when he doesn't say anything.. they get upset.

:cool:

I'm not upset ! :drama:
L O L ! Caught out ! Guilty! Send him down !
DEVIOUS, TRUCULENT and UNRELIABLE ! :handpointup:

A full blown Smiths reunion couldn't save his bullshit reputation anymore !
R I P Pansy Pete !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::heartssuit:

I'm not at all surprised by the radio silence from Steve after the successful campaign to boycott Low in Clown School, closely followed up by once again (yawn) being exposed as a CrankFraud wearing the designer wool and cashmere cardigan in Paris. Oh ! And then he went on stage pissing and moaning about the Der Spiegel interview and how unless we see the words coming from his mouth, he didn't say it. . . . . . Etc !
Sadly he actually did say those things.
MYTH BUSTED !
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING A LYING CRANKFRAUD !
ENJOY THE SILENCE !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::loveletter:

I am not at all surprised by the radio silence from you Benny, but it surprises me you broke it before he did, but there could be other reasons I don’t know about or don’t have to know.

But surely the U.K. and Irish dates are very close now and despite the boycott campaign you supported or should I say instigated, I sense a fear of failure coming up with you as a number of shows are sold out and as ever, Moz will have a successful tour and has an impressive influence on those attending. :brows:

I am not at all surprised by the radio silence from you Benny, but it surprises me you broke it before he did, but there could be other reasons I don’t know about or don’t have to know.

But surely the U.K. and Irish dates are very close now and despite the boycott campaign you supported or should I say instigated, I sense a fear of failure coming up with you as a number of shows are sold out and as ever, Moz will have a successful tour and has an impressive influence on those attending. :brows:

The radio silence between me and Steve must be a bit of a mystery for some on here :tiphat:.

Reckon me saw him last night with William Michael Albert Broad and lil' Sammy outside the Mayan Theater going to watch that weird Mexican wrestling that old Uncle Steve loves called lucha libre. I reckon I would be quite tollywagged if Steve gets on that plane at LAX inn nn it.

Reckon me saw him last night with William Michael Albert Broad and lil' Sammy outside the Mayan Theater going to watch that weird Mexican wrestling that old Uncle Steve loves called lucha libre. I reckon I would be quite blimied if Steve gets on that plane at LAX inn nn it.

It looks like the touts are taking a beating due to low ticket sales on this tour.
I just checked GetMeIn, and Aberdeen tickets are going from £18 https://www.getmein.com/tickets/morrissey-tickets/aberdeen-318289.html , Glasgow £38 https://www.getmein.com/tickets/morrissey-tickets/glasgow-318290.html , Newcastle £13 https://www.getmein.com/tickets/morrissey-tickets/newcastle-upon-tyne-318292.html etc etc.

It's the modern way. Even when things have sold out, they haven't really sold out. It's just a lot of greedy f***ers who think they can make a killing, the gullible buy at inflated prices immediately afterwards, then the rest of us pick up tickets for below face vale in the week before the event.
The Stone Roses massive comeback gigs were the same. They 'sold out' immediately, tickets were then exchanged for several hundred pounds, yet in the 2 weeks beforehand, they were going for less than face value.
Morrissey has never been capable of selling out tours of multiple arenas, and it's unlikely he ever will.

The radio silence between me and Steve must be a bit of a mystery for some on here :tiphat:.

Yes, that includes me.
It intrigues me.
Now, spill the beans, get it if your chest now, but if tt is because of private or personal reasons, you don’t have to of course,
You broke the radio silence at a very late moment. Could be too late.

It's the modern way. Even when things have sold out, they haven't really sold out. It's just a lot of greedy f***ers who think they can make a killing, the gullible buy at inflated prices immediately afterwards, then the rest of us pick up tickets for below face vale in the week before the event.
The Stone Roses massive comeback gigs were the same. They 'sold out' immediately, tickets were then exchanged for several hundred pounds, yet in the 2 weeks beforehand, they were going for less than face value.
Morrissey has never been capable of selling out tours of multiple arenas, and it's unlikely he ever will.

I agree with your last point and can only assume he does the arena dates for maximum opportunity for the least amount of work.

Back
Top Bottom