Strangest venues or places Morrissey ever played

A

Anonymous

Just stumbled across the following Moz concert from 1997 which is just funny because of the name. It took place at the Tupperware Center Theater in Kissimmee, Florida. Which concert venue or city did you find strange and why. And why do you think Moz chose it? Did he pick it randomly or was there a specific reason behind it?

Tupperware centre, So there am I driving down a highway thousands of miles from home, on my first ever trip to America family in tow all set to do the Disney thing, and up appears a sign on the side of the road saying Morrissey is to play in the huge building on your left, So what do you do? I swerved in to find details the missus who was sat in the passenger seat with kids in back was not happy at the thought of spending a night alone with kids in a strange country while Morrissey impinged on her life yet again especially three thousand miles away from Salford. I was less happy still to find that the show would be 2 weeks after we left the USA, still I made her get out of the car to take a photo of me pointing to his name on the sign, sad lot. I would have loved to see him play America especially this tour in his pomp.Whenever I see tupperware centre I always see it as a lost opportunity.
IMG_9217.JPG

Tupperware centre, So there am I driving down a highway thousands of miles from home, on my first ever trip to America family in tow all set to do the Disney thing, and up appears a sign on the side of the road saying Morrissey is to play in the huge building on your left, So what do you do? I swerved in to find details the missus who was sat in the passenger seat with kids in back was not happy at the thought of spending a night alone with kids in a strange country while Morrissey impinged on her life yet again especially three thousand miles away from Salford. I was less happy still to find that the show would be 2 weeks after we left the USA, still I made her get out of the car to take a photo of me pointing to his name on the sign, sad lot. I would have loved to see him play America especially this tour in his pomp.Whenever I see tupperware centre I always see it as a lost opportunity.
View attachment 34189

first when I see names like this I always think of fight club as we have the royal farms arena here. second you sound a lot lot like me in connection with your musical obsessions and the slightly disgruntled wife who bears it. solidarity brother lol

I swear he played at an anarchist-run collective somewhere in Europe in 1999. Can't quite put my finger on a link though.

Back
Top Bottom