sub-forum The Pigsty survey

sub-forum The Pigsty survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bump

It's very worrying that many people who voted "keep the pigsty" still don't understand / appreciate the simple rules.

I'd rather scrap the pigsty because it does not change forum users' behaviour.

Oh gawd! :rolleyes:

Get over yourself, hunny.... You started this poll with the hopes that people would vote against the Pigsty so you could have actual arguments to ask for it's removal, but you LOST...
Be mature and accept it...

People want The Pigsty
The PIGSTY's here to stay!
That's democracy for ya! :love:

Bump

It's very worrying that many people who voted "keep the pigsty" still don't understand / appreciate the simple rules.

I'd rather scrap the pigsty because it does not change forum users' behaviour.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDW0ZnZxjn4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDW0ZnZxjn4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Do you know Morrissey-Solo is a private property of the site administrator?

There is no democracy because its membership is privilege, not right.

What's the point in this poll then?
:confused:

I rarely vote in public polls.

I don't get this 'greater freedom' thing.

What exactly are people restricted from doing everywhere else? Or is it that the powers that be don't like arguments on the rest of the site? Or is it because some of the worst behaved members are well established and thus above the law so you just hide them away like that illegitimate prince?

The biggest testament to it being a stupid idea is the fact that people continuously feel the need to remind others in there that "we're in The Sty after all" etc.

It's like commiting a crime and using insanity (or stupidity) as a defense.

I basically hate the idea of The Pigsty. Most of the posts would've sat happily in Off-topic before The Pigsty came along, except the ones where people intentionally act like aresholes because "this is The Pigsty"

Now people just use it for the purpose of;

a) posting normal threads in there because it's there

b) posting an argument they don't have to support in a sensible fashion

c) posting views they're worried others won't agree with

In fact it actively encourages people to be contentious.

Perhaps though if it is to stay, it could be renamed The Creche and any sensible threads be moved back to Off-topic, with any adults in there facing accusations of being paedophiles.

Lastly, stupid poll, why so many options? Do you see a box in the election for "Mostly Tory, but a bit Labour". People either want it or don't.

Last edited:
On 20th December 2008 the site administrator added a sub-forum in off-topic in order to reduce the trolling in the forums.

How do you find the forums after having The Pigsty?

I post this in general discussion because some users never bother to post in off-topic.
I'd like to have wide range of feedbacks about the sub-forum.

It's a great idea. For the most part (read:when sober) I try to stay on the right side of the thinish line between being a bit wild and crazy on one side and being a troll on the other when i'm not in the pig sty. But seems as though it's there then i might as well use it and feel as happy as...well...*stops thinking he can impress people with wit*

Secret ballots are really the way to go, but don't get me started.

"dont GET me started"

JeannieDarcy.jpg

What's wrong with the public polls?

Most of my polls are public because some people will cheat.
oh, good reason, did you catch any cheaters?

It's like commiting a crime and using insanity (or stupidity) as a defense.

Lastly, stupid poll, why so many options? Do you see a box in the election for "Mostly Tory, but a bit Labour". People either want it or don't.
the insanity defense is quite common in court actually :straightface:
& you mean you mean to tell me you dont give stupid people a little more slack then smart people in rl? ouch :eek:

"dont GET me started"

JeannieDarcy.jpg
funny :thumb:

Do you know Morrissey-Solo is a private property of the site administrator?

Its membership is privilege, not right.

I do know that hun, I ain't dumb.... but I am greatful to Mr.T for allowing us all to post here...

Just because it's privately owned, doesn't mean that people in power can do as they wish... there are rules to be followed by everyone.

I rarely vote in public polls.

What is there to be affraid of??? lol

to see who supports 'the sty' and who does not :straightface:
didnt you notice that the results were public? :o

Good thinking! :straightface:

how can you cheat?

Probably because most members have ghost accounts that they'll use to sway a poll their way???

"dont GET me started"

JeannieDarcy.jpg

:lbf::lbf::lbf: <3

the insanity defense is quite common in court actually :straightface:
& you mean you mean to tell me you dont give stupid people a little more slack then smart people in rl? ouch :eek:

I avoid them in RL.

It now appears to me that a factor in the creation of The Pigsty was to provide a home for particular well-known unruly members.

For heaven's sake, are you that short of members that you need to keep them? Or is it that you're worried about losing their supporters too?

It now appears to me that a factor in the creation of The Pigsty was to provide a home for particular well-known unruly members.

For heaven's sake, are you that short of members that you need to keep them? Or is it that you're worried about losing their supporters too?

reads like you need a hug man
Hug_emoticon.gif

seriously, get over complaining about "the sty" :crazy:
people did not like it when i complained about it, what makes you think they will when the likes of someone like you does? :straightface:
as i see it, if "the sty" is making more work for the mods, then it should go
if not, leave well enough be :thumb:
or maybe you think if you and your kind here whine about it enough that it will go :eek:
trust me, i know a lot about online whining :lbf:
its not gonna work dude :cool:

Tags
cod came back mmmmm donuts nrith gets it wrong piss and moan robby = solo goddess robby wants to be a brit robby's a tool the robb-sty waste of space robby what about me??????
Back
Top Bottom