Sunday Sport run "Looking like Morrissey is MURDER!" story

Poor judgment and bad behavior are never remedied by equally bad behavior. My point was that posting the link to this story is offensive to anyone who is an advocate for the ethical treatment of animals. I find the imagery extremely upsetting, and not what I expect to see when I visit a site that was founded to promote discussion about a musical artist. I will agree that Morrissey's extreme analogies do not help the cause in any way; he may feel that this over the top approach will draw attention to the cause, and it surely does; but as you stated, that attention is all negative. Obviously, I have no idea of his intentions, so I can't speak on the movitivation, but I wish that he would try to inform and inspire instead of putting people on the defensive. Berating people is an ineffective way of trying to modify their behavior.

As for his current odd and angry outbursts, I'm not sure why it is so surprising to everyone. The man admittedly has problems with social interaction, and unfortunately, people tend to get increasingly set in their ways as they get older, for better or worse. I understand that he can be cruel in his own right, and I don't agree with all of his statements, but the man has always had issues. If you honestly believe that he has changed that drastically in recent years, wouldn't it be reasonable to cite the correlation between the increasingly brutal attacks he has to endure in the media, and on a site that is dedicated to his career, and his escalated state of agitation? Who wouldn't be affected by reading these vicious and cruel comments daily; ultimately, it would make you frustrated, bitter, and completely distrustful of the world around you. How disturbing it must be to have a former fan suggest that you deserve to be murdered like Lennon. Maybe the world would be a better place if we each checked our own attitudes and actions before condemning others.

lynnda

The second point (bold type) you make is disqualified by your first point. The third bold type highlighted text should be addressed to tantrum troll Morrissey.

The second point (bold type) you make is disqualified by your first point. The third bold type highlighted text should be addressed to tantrum troll Morrissey.

Again, you can't use someone else's bad behavior to justify your own. I'm offering a possible reason as to why Morrissey has become so irritated with the world lately, but I am in no way saying that his outbursts are acceptable. If you condemn Morrissey for his past comments regarding his desire to see certain people come to an untimely demise, you cannot blithely call for his murder in the next breath. Some people are so blinded by their hatred that they don't see the hypocrisy of their own statements. Do you really think that calling for someone to be murdered is ever acceptable?

lynnda

Again, you can't use someone else's bad behavior to justify your own. I'm offering a possible reason as to why Morrissey has become so irritated with the world lately, but I am in no way saying that his outbursts are acceptable. If you condemn Morrissey for his past comments regarding his desire to see certain people come to an untimely demise, you cannot blithely call for his murder in the next breath. Some people are so blinded by their hatred that they don't see the hypocrisy of their own statements. Do you really think that calling for someone to be murdered is ever acceptable?

lynnda

Yes, sometimes it IS warranted. I think Hitler should have been murdered when he was a baby--infanticide. Or better yet, aborted when he was just an embryo. Would have saved the world from a lot of heartache and destruction. And Stalin should have been murdered before he was able to commit such atrocities. And I am glad the US decided to murder Osama bin Laden.

Last edited:

lynnda

Morrissey isn't just 'irritated' by the world, he's at war with it. His problem. And yours.
Morrissey calls for the death of a journalist-biographer. You bother in 'offering a possible reason' for his outbursts, thereby legitimising them. What on earth gives you, or him, any possible ethical authority to comment? You have none.

Oh, yes: did you oppose the call to have Osama Bin Laden murdered? LOL!

Last edited:
Morrissey isn't just 'irritated' by the world, he's at war with it. His problem. And yours.
Morrissey calls for the death of a journalist-biographer. You bother in 'offering a possible reason' for his outbursts, thereby legitimising them. What on earth gives you, or him, any possible ethical authority to comment? You have none.

Oh, yes: did you oppose the call to have Osama Bin Laden murdered? LOL!

Hurry up Lynnda its your turn now :boxing:

I remember once my late grandad bought The Sunday Sport to find out the football results. He was surprised when he got home just to find tits and bullshit.
Others have beat me to the punch on the praise for this post. If Conor O'Callaghan, or Carol Ann Duffy (I know...not Moz's favourite...don't know why...she's a brilliant Mancunian and the first female UK laureate) wrote it in verse, it would be my favourite poem.
Well done...your granddad is smiling...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom