Sycophants vs. Haters. Is it really that simple? How do you self-identify as a MORRISSEY fan now?

Sycophants vs. Haters. Is it really that simple? How do you self-identify as a MORRISSEY fan now?

• I disfavor Moz. I trend against him. But I can be objective sometimes, but not all times.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I f***ing HATE Morrissey. It doesn't matter what he does. I loathe him.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Sycophants vs. Haters. Is it really that simple? How do you self-identify as a MORRISSEY fan no

I disfavor Moz. I trend against him. But I can be objective sometimes, but not all times.
AND I f***ing HATE Morrissey. It doesn't matter what he does. I loathe him.

Re: Sycophants vs. Haters. Is it really that simple? How do you self-identify as a MORRISSEY fan no

I disfavor Moz. I trend against him. But I can be objective sometimes, but not all times.
AND I f***ing HATE Morrissey. It doesn't matter what he does. I loathe him.

Pick one.

On a slightly different note - I feel that the atmosphere of Solo itself, as a fan hub, has pretty much disintegrated over the last 5 years and that had a knock-on effect on the "mood" and level of activity on here, as a microcosm of Morrissey's fanbase.

Some people talk about a surplus of haters, "SoLow" etc as though the core Moz fans have always been jaded, but I don't think that was always the case. I miss discussions with posters like Worm, Dave, PregnantfortheLastTime, Corrissey, Nugz, Karin - I could go on forever. There were the heavy thinkers and debaters, the pessimists, the "frink girls", the casual fans - it was a real online fan community. Now, with few exceptions, it's pretty much 3 nutters and a dog. When you reach a point where even the moderators can't stand Morrissey anymore, how can we hope to attract new fans or new debate? Where is there left to go?

Your first two posts on this thread were sublime.

I gave BG another thumb for that one. Good stuff.

Your first two posts on this thread were sublime.

Bloody hell..thanks :p.

I disagree. All actions are done for selfish reasons. There is no such thing as altruism. They defend him because it benefits them to do so. Each is defending their carefully constructed fan paradigm against anything that threatens to shake its foundation. The reward for their sycophancy is self-preservation of their self-concept.
Hi The Wonderful RealityBites,
May I send you my warmest regards this Yuletide.
Unfortunately as I do not have opportunity to come to site often these days, I probably will not see your reply.
But I thought I'd let you know that I would love to unpack your statement about altruism.
I'm not saying you're wrong but then again I'm not sure I agree either.
What do you say to a coffee and a mozzarella, tomato, basil and olive oil sandwich at a cafe commanding magnificent views of San Francisco Bay where we can talk? (I wish!)

Hi The Wonderful RealityBites,
May I send you my warmest regards this Yuletide.
Unfortunately as I do not have opportunity to come to site often these days, I probably will not see your reply.
But I thought I'd let you know that I would love to unpack your statement about altruism.
I'm not saying you're wrong but then again I'm not sure I agree either.
What do you say to a coffee and a mozzarella, tomato, basil and olive oil sandwich at a cafe commanding magnificent views of San Francisco Bay where we can talk? (I wish!)

I wish too. Happy New Years' to you and yours as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom