Sydney - Enmore Theatre (Dec. 21, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / November Spawned A Monster / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by andrew from sydney. Order corrected from a post by moodychops at smithstorrents.co.uk, link from MozRecording.

• Morrissey - Enmore Theatre, Sydney. 20th December 2012, photos by Brunky (28 total) - flickr. Link posted by Sunky.

sydney1.jpg

Last edited:
Sydney, has this night opened my eyes ? Oh Yes.

I was going to write that I just cannot believe how Boz has the strength and determination to keep going with his arm like that. Thinking about it now, Boz is just class with a capital C and also a musician with a capital M. Amazing Boz + Amazing band.

Looking forward to 2013 ?

Hazard

ps - Enjoy the weather you Aussies. It's shit over here !

It was a fantastic show. I loved To Give. It was very moving. A fantastic set list. The surreal moment when he was singing "Etcetera...etcetera" with all his heart was incredible. His compassion shone out of him. His songs are about rejecting the norm and not following the herd. "No regime can buy or sell me" was very powerful. His words. His words.

Amazing show. Great set list and brilliant performance. Wish I was heading to opera house tonight as well

The pacing of the set was so strange (speaking of Melbourne), it felt like a really long gig, yet never felt like it dragged, yet it wasn't really that long at all. .

Good point. I remember at last nights Enmore show thinking it was a long set but in a good way.... Frikkin amazing show it was.....

Here's a still to whet your appetite (p.s. made sure I recorded everyone's handshakes and so on) -

vlcsnap2012122201h38m46.jpg

Man I hope you are coming along with a video camera tonight as well....? ;-p

That is AMAZINGLY clear. I can't wait to see this

I was so stoked to hear Speedway again. And Alma Matters.

Does anyone remember if they played Speedway at the Sydney Livid show all those years ago? Was it the last song...?
That's the show that got me into Morrissey and I just member coming outta that show blown away by how heavy Morrissey's band played. I never figured he had that sorta material. My only knowledge of him was "November spawned..." and that the Smiths were some kinda big deal...

anywayyyyyy. I recorded last night's audio. I'll get it up eventually next week so stand by...

What lines of Reel Around The Fountain were sung in Speedway?

"But take me to the haven of your bed was something that you never sail. Two lumps please you're the bees knees and so am I".

It was unsettling in the pitch darkness.
Almost like the ghost of Morrissey from the past. Loved how he he almost spoke some of the lines in Speedway without hardly any accompaniment.

He is so still these days in a really powerful way

Does anyone remember if they played Speedway at the Sydney Livid show all those years ago? Was it the last song...?
That's the show that got me into Morrissey and I just member coming outta that show blown away by how heavy Morrissey's band played. I never figured he had that sorta material. My only knowledge of him was "November spawned..." and that the Smiths were some kinda big deal...

anywayyyyyy. I recorded last night's audio. I'll get it up eventually next week so stand by...

Certainly am! I'm in row B of the stalls. At the Ship Inn bar at the moment with 3 cam batteries and a 16 FB memory card. The videos from last night are uploading at home. Should be able to post them all tomorrow sometime.

GB* bloody typos

What lines of Reel Around The Fountain were sung in Speedway?

Meat

'Christmas kitchen aromas oh very lovley' 'And the big bird you dice with smile its gorgeous' ' And did you know you can make soup with the carcass'

It would have been better without the softening filter, imo. His hair has no detail. He looks like he had a facelift. Not natural at all.

I think he looks pretty good! No detail in his hair? It`s because it`s wet my dear.I think that tends to happen under the hot stage lights.:D

Yes, he played Speedway at the 2002 Livid show in Sydney, great shows-that and Melbourne; I Want The One I Can't Have, Suedehead and Alsatian Cousin...my first time(s).
-Adrian

Clue: Vauxhall and I is the best Morrissey album, poster above the bed and all. PM if you understand. (This is about the Enmore show.)

Also the set list is incorrect on the site. The order I have them in in the playlist above is correct.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom