Sydney - Opera House (Dec. 22, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / Maladjusted / Action Is My Middle Name / November Spawned A Monster / Alma Matters / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Speedway / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / You Have Killed Me / Still Ill / Irish Blood, English Heart / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Ryan.

Last edited:
So there we were, 4 out of town strangers (having identified each other by tshirts) on a street corner at midnight after the concert, eagerly discussing Morrissey's health (bit unsteady on the feet) and state of mind (his throwing oneself under a car reference etc). A person cannot be more famous, well loved and adored than that, I thought at the time before pulling an all-nighter with some new kindred spirits.
I loved every minute of that performance and the whole trip. And hi if you're reading!

I hope he gets papped in the arriving airport with a 24 hour silver scruff. :horny: Thanks for being so far away Australia!

Whilst we're talking about awesome efforts, congratulations to Julia....550 front row concerts, a truley awesome effort.

Nice touch to have the Aussie coat of arms with a soccerball in the middle.

The last guy who Mozz handed the mic to said it all for me, basically thanked him for helping him through life via his music...

Why do you Fred the best that is Julia?

Travelled up from Melbourne to see Opera Haus gig. Whilst the Festering Hall gig was fabulous (despite feeling faint in the pit with no air), the sound in the Haus was unbeatable. My only question is... why did over half the people in Sydney look like they were at a fashion show?! I've never been to a gig before where punters are wearing skimpy evening dresses and high heels!

Travelled up from Melbourne to see Opera Haus gig. Whilst the Festering Hall gig was fabulous (despite feeling faint in the pit with no air), the sound in the Haus was unbeatable. My only question is... why did over half the people in Sydney look like they were at a fashion show?! I've never been to a gig before where punters are wearing skimpy evening dresses and high heels!

When you go to the Opera house to see modern opera, one most simply dress appropriately darling.

One video left to upload and I'll post the playlist for this gig (as mentioned earlier, unfortunately missed To Give and I Know It's Over due to my camera not being on record when I thought it was).

So there we were, 4 out of town strangers (having identified each other by tshirts) on a street corner at midnight after the concert, eagerly discussing Morrissey's health (bit unsteady on the feet) and state of mind (his throwing oneself under a car reference etc). A person cannot be more famous, well loved and adored than that, I thought at the time before pulling an all-nighter with some new kindred spirits.
I loved every minute of that performance and the whole trip. And hi if you're reading!

Hmm...can you elaborate on the part about him being unsteady on his feet and the talk about throwing himself under a car? Can you remember anything else he said? I love his morbid humor, but you sound as if it was more than just Morrissey being...silly.

Hmm...can you elaborate on the part about him being unsteady on his feet and the talk about throwing himself under a car? Can you remember anything else he said? I love his morbid humor, but you sound as if it was more than just Morrissey being...silly.

I second this inquiry. :o Maybe he was just buzzed?

The guy on the right was worse. He kicked me off stage the prick!!

yeah - that was CRAP

i saw the guy on the left wave to someone to signal STOP
i figured it was the guy with the pro-looking SLR... bummer. was that you (previous poster who woulda filmed)

I filmed the lot on my iPhone and recorded on the Edirol, sounds AMAZING. actually, the Edirol sounds warm, the iPhone sounds super clear. video ain't bad for what it is... I'll stick it on youtube.

Unsteadiness on the feet= tipping backwards or sideways, then overcorrecting himself by turning into a stagger to get himself straight again, for example. More so in The opera house gig than Melbourne. I saw him 4 months ago in the Europe tour, and there was none of that.

Throwing himself under a car= His closing words about how he was so happy at the end of the show (ie it doesn't get any better than this). Obviously a joke, but said flatly. I really should give the guy a break and not over analyse every sentence, but the previous kneeling down with his back to the audience e.g. to fold the flag in an instrumental, seemed a bit down, or maybe just contemplative. I hope it was just a few drinks, although his voice was not slurred-he spoke very clearly, but the words were precise and enunciated carefully , maybe like when you're a bit tipsy and trying not to show it! I hope so. I think the tour schedule is crazy, so he has to be physically exhausted.

On the positive side, the 'open mike' part of the show turned into a Q&A about dating him; a guy asked him, he asked a girl I think, she proposed to him, and the theme continued. He blushed, it was beautiful.

I'm not saying he's in trouble, just looked like he was a little physically groggy.

yeah - that was CRAP

i saw the guy on the left wave to someone to signal STOP
i figured it was the guy with the pro-looking SLR... bummer. was that you (previous poster who woulda filmed)

Yeah I was thinking about jumping up during Still Ill and he noticed, haha. So I reconsidered.

Does anyone have a list of all the things that are listed in the intro monologue just before Morrissey came on Stage?

Excellent show. I didn't know what sort of show to expect at the opera house. I thought he might have went for a more mellow approach, but I'm happy he didn't. You don't stage invasion too much at the opera house.
I have to say he was better this time than back in 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst we're talking about awesome efforts, congratulations to Julia....550 front row concerts, a truley awesome effort.

Nice touch to have the Aussie coat of arms with a soccerball in the middle.

The last guy who Mozz handed the mic to said it all for me, basically thanked him for helping him through life via his music...

Norovirus bucket please I'm gonna be sick again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think my Enmore audio recording has the whole spoken word intro. It'll be posted for download soon.

Here's what I have for what it's worth:

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom