Sydney - Vivid LIVE, Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (May 26, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Istanbul / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Scandinavia / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / My Dearest Love / What She Said / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Smiler With Knife // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by crawleyrocket

Last edited:
Plus Gustavo sang the second half of Speedway with Boz on drums.

Yeah I wasn't too keen on that actually. I really love the end of Speedway. Hearing it in spanish by Gustavo I could've done without. Although seeing Morrissey at the keyboards playing the tambourine while Boz was on drums was kinda cool.

My god his voice was just so clear and powerful. I'd kill to get a recording of this show.

Also he started the show with saying "I Lust you, I lust you, I lust you!"

Last edited:
My head nearly exploded when he started to sing My Dearest Love! Will never Marry was another thrill to behold!

Ganglord was incredible and the footage of police brutality or let's just call it murder was very powerful. The clips during Meat Is Murder were especially awful. God we suck us humans, we really do.

are you serious marred. you first comment to me on this board for my first post was how much of an idiot I was for loving swords and every one of those songs. now you love them? weird and confusing

my dearest love is such a great song with the bitter scatting over the end. so angry theres no words and no end, just the slow fade. amazing song

Well, there we go.

This is my seventh time seeing our Moz and what a gig it was. Definitely one for the hardcore fans, I must say. As you will all now be aware, they played My Dearest Love, Ganglord and yes, Will Never Marry. I know.

As has been mentioned, Moz appeared to be in a rather mischievous mood. "I lust you!!!" And "Thank CHRIST!!!" were snapped out with whip-crack intensity, I don't think I've ever seen him QUITE so animated behind the mic (after 6 gigs in 15 years or so)...

It was generally a bit of a bizarre environment for a Moz gig - it's just so restrained being in that somewhat posh place. Some people were going crazy and reaching out to him down front (which I definitely plan on doing when I get closer on the weekend), but it was hard not to feel held back and forcibly separated from our man even if he did engage with the crowd in that inimitable way that only he does.

My friend, very new to Moz and only a casual admirer, was (I am so glad to say) blown away. He kept going on about how much of a great gig it was (he is a musician himself and isn't afraid to say what he really thinks of something). A few crowd members were pretty vocal and let's just say wouldn't shut up, but that's ok cos everyone was so happy.

It was a great gig and reminded me of my first one at the Enmore back in 2002 (featured in The Importance Of Being Morrissey doc). As I mentioned, it really felt like one for us hardcore devotees...

I was a bit gutted that they didn't kick off with The Queen Is Dead, and that they didn't play How Soon Is Now?, which I reckon always blows the roof off of the place in question. However!!! Moz didn't just take away with one hand, he gave with the other: I could not believe my ears when in the darkness, seemingly from out of nowhere I heard the words, "........ I'm writing this to say, in a gentle way....... Thank you, but no -"... The version of a Will Never Marry as was brief and gorgeous as it was completely and utterly unexpected. The all-important strings part was perfectly replaced by celestial synths and the version of Ganglord, as mentioned by someone else here before was really quite mindblowing. That footage of disgusting police brutality (toward both human and animal) in tandem with the music started to feel, shall we say, riot-inducing. It was something else and almost as powerful as the performance of Meat Is Murder just before the encore. I don't know what to say about that. I've seen Moz do it several times and it is never easy. All I can say is that even if we had just 5 more pop stars who were cut from the same cloth as Morrissey then the world would be a very different - and much the better for it - place. It was gutting and completely harrowing.

We also got a tease of Rubber Ring toward the end of What She Said, like in the old days, which took me back to Meltdown in the Royal Festival Hall. Many gorgeous ones got brave at the end and attempted to hurl themselves onto the stage and past security but were, for the most part, held back. One particularly magical moment occurred early on when a little girl of no more than 10 was held up and reached out to Moz from stage left, and he took her hand in his and sang to her.

It was a great start to the week. I'm going every night. I'm so f***ing pleased.

I think hang the Danish Dj might be in tomorrow's setlist !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Will Never Marry, Now My Heart Is Full, My Dearest Love!

He must come back to Europe (hopefully Scandinavia) with this setlist this year! I would kill to hear him sing these songs live.

Well, there we go.

This is my seventh time seeing our Moz and what a gig it was. Definitely one for the hardcore fans, I must say. As you will all now be aware, they played My Dearest Love, Ganglord and yes, Will Never Marry. I know.

As has been mentioned, Moz appeared to be in a rather mischievous mood. "I lust you!!!" And "Thank CHRIST!!!" were snapped out with whip-crack intensity, I don't think I've ever seen him QUITE so animated behind the mic (after 6 gigs in 15 years or so)...

It was generally a bit of a bizarre environment for a Moz gig - it's just so restrained being in that somewhat posh place. Some people were going crazy and reaching out to him down front (which I definitely plan on doing when I get closer on the weekend), but it was hard not to feel held back and forcibly separated from our man even if he did engage with the crowd in that inimitable way that only he does.

My friend, very new to Moz and only a casual admirer, was (I am so glad to say) blown away. He kept going on about how much of a great gig it was (he is a musician himself and isn't afraid to say what he really thinks of something). A few crowd members were pretty vocal and let's just say wouldn't shut up, but that's ok cos everyone was so happy.

It was a great gig and reminded me of my first one at the Enmore back in 2002 (featured in The Importance Of Being Morrissey doc). As I mentioned, it really felt like one for us hardcore devotees...

I was a bit gutted that they didn't kick off with The Queen Is Dead, and that they didn't play How Soon Is Now?, which I reckon always blows the roof off of the place in question. However!!! Moz didn't just take away with one hand, he gave with the other: I could not believe my ears when in the darkness, seemingly from out of nowhere I heard the words, "........ I'm writing this to say, in a gentle way....... Thank you, but no -"... The version of a Will Never Marry as was brief and gorgeous as it was completely and utterly unexpected. The all-important strings part was perfectly replaced by celestial synths and the version of Ganglord, as mentioned by someone else here before was really quite mindblowing. That footage of disgusting police brutality (toward both human and animal) in tandem with the music started to feel, shall we say, riot-inducing. It was something else and almost as powerful as the performance of Meat Is Murder just before the encore. I don't know what to say about that. I've seen Moz do it several times and it is never easy. All I can say is that even if we had just 5 more pop stars who were cut from the same cloth as Morrissey then the world would be a very different - and much the better for it - place. It was gutting and completely harrowing.

We also got a tease of Rubber Ring toward the end of What She Said, like in the old days, which took me back to Meltdown in the Royal Festival Hall. Many gorgeous ones got brave at the end and attempted to hurl themselves onto the stage and past security but were, for the most part, held back. One particularly magical moment occurred early on when a little girl of no more than 10 was held up and reached out to Moz from stage left, and he took her hand in his and sang to her.

It was a great start to the week. I'm going every night. I'm so f***ing pleased.

I enjoyed your review, thanks. I'd give my right arm to hear any of the three new additions live!

Oh and yes, Now My Heart Is Full, which was obviously brilliant, if a little restrained - perhaps due to it being a new addition. Now My Heart Is Full. I think that kind of says it all, really :)

Went down the front at the end but the roadies said they "weren't allowed" to give out setlists for us to take home... I even managed to grab one of the crew guys on the way out and ask him about possible setlist changes later in the week, he was a lovely American chap who said that he's not sure, but that there might be "a few changes"... So, make of that what you will.

Moz, please just move here.

Last edited:
are you serious marred. you first comment to me on this board for my first post was how much of an idiot I was for loving swords and every one of those songs. now you love them? weird and confusing

The songs on Swords are better than a lot that made the studio albums

My dearest love!!!!! Will never marry!! Now my heart is full!! I would have cried a lot at this show...I pray these songs stay on till San Jose

Thanks! Didn't realise I was writing a review... Just needed to splurge out tonight's experience once I got home. And now to bed, gotta get up in 4 hours, how am I supposed to sleep?!

He really showed? Is that a Morrissey hologram? Is that really Austria Lia?

Blykey! He must really need the money. I don't know why he just doesn't put his foot down and tell Nancy they are not buying her dad's old mansion in Beverly Hills. He is going to get exhausted from all this touring.-Anonymous __////___MCFC United

Thanks! Didn't realise I was writing a review... Just needed to splurge out tonight's experience once I got home. And now to bed, gotta get up in 4 hours, how am I supposed to sleep?!

Thank you so much. :) I enjoyed every word. I'm very happy for you!

Oh my! I hope he continues with this lineup for the US dates. Like everyone else I'm so excited that he included MDL, NMHIF, and WNM. Incredible. Can't wait to see footage. He looks great, too!

Well, there we go.

Thanks for the review 'friendly ghost', looks like an awesome set-list and a great start to the Moz residency. I lived in Sydney for 3 years back at the turn of the century and am gutted he didn't play while I was there. I am thrilled for you and the rest of the fans. Hopefully he mixes up the set-list a little bit over the next few nights cos I know there will be repeat attendees,

The songs on Swords are better than a lot that made the studio albums

to start with a disclaimer, I of course love all of his solo work. swords is probably in my top three albums by him solo along with bona drag and arsenal with world peace query and viva not far behind. its of course an extremely tight race.

also nice review casper and glad you enjoyed

This is so great. I looooove Will Never Marry ... although I AM MARRIED :D Whenever I hear that song I think to myself that it can't possibly just be the failed marriage of Moz' parents who formed his negative view of marriage. Many people's parents divorce but they get married nonetheless.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom