Symbolic Stuff Nobody Gives a Crap About

Last edited:
Welcome to the perfect system, where we get to show our love and support for you while you hate us behind masks.

Flip the W to M in Car Wash and anagram it.

Goddam I'm good at finding my gold. :o Sorry Kerry. Lol.

Something about me and bikes. I was thinking it was a SalFORD lads thing, that I fight the Model A Demolays and Fords come up, but I think it's the ghost of Nico. She eats at the Amie Cafe a lot so I redirect my anger through bike spills? I dunno. In short, WEAR A HELMET. :straightface:

This is the precision with which my brain will be processing information and repackaging it to send home tonight. Praise God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget, I was raised in the midst of darkness. Almost getting hit by cars and objects is literally child's play. :)

I realize the irony is folding upon itself like an elaborate origami pet, but I prefer to work as a freelance artist so prefer to remain alone and not in an enclave. God has got my back, without a doubt. I don't need to be wrapped in bubble wrap.

I do need a Vicodin refill. Ughhhhh. I was stupid not to take the prescription the dentist offered. I'm hurtin.

My Harry Potter frames, circa 1990-93?

17788511869_b445cd7201_b.jpg

en_US-timeline-image-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-1333632499.jpg

All you assholes are married. :D It wouldn't surprise me if Morrissey is married. f***.

Hey, Morrissey...

I know, right? :D

I think about it and I can't stop f***ing laughing. :rofl:

It's sooooooooooo weeeeeeeird.

I moved the catbox to the downstairs bathroom on the tile. Car Wash pooped outside again and is DESPERATELY trying to cover it up now but has nothing to scrape over it, it's rather comical. It's like Crookshank is trying to do some clean-up work and didn't foresee that it was impossible to clean this one up. :rofl:

Don't worry!!!! We're awesome at secrets. :cool: I just can't stop laughing at it all.

Before you hit send, I'm leaving. Good luck to you, the winner. May our paths never cross and secrets be kept.

Did you know...

Oswald_Wirth_Tarot_Card_Tower.jpg

that in the Language of Birds KING is not green for emperor of something, it's code for two verbs:

HELPING and FALLING

K in gematria is 11. Eleven in German is elf. ELFing is phonetically falling, ELPHing in green is helping.

So it's "really helping" or "really falling," not a reflection of cosmic status.

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

It's all very heartbreaking.

The song Billy Budd from 1994 is very telling. This is the definitive letter to Johnny Marr from Morrissey. I will break it down for you...

First, the title: B-I-L-L-Y B-U-D-D - A total of 9 letters, 5 in the first name, 4 in the last. Translation: J-O-H-N-Y M-A-R-R
So, we learn, from the beginning, this song is about Johny Marr aka Johnny Marr. Morrissey is a master at being cryptic but at the same time, revealing obvious clues. The second "n" is redundant, perhaps a Smiths reunion is ALSO redundant? Which is a question raised in the song.
You'll also note: The second "L" in "Billy" represents Johnny's second "n". AND, the song itself sounds very "Smithsy" and could've easily been something that Johnny wrote for Morrissey.

Here's what Morrissey might really be saying, line by line:

Original Lyrics and Translation(in bold)

Say, Billy Budd Say, Johny Marr(also I might add, when you start a sentence with "Say", it may constitute one not being very serious, perhaps just a whim of a comment, but it also could be a serious brought up in a non-chalant way.)
So you think you should ? So, do you think we should reunite The Smiths ? (I like my band, but I would really love to be back in The Smiths)
Oh, everyone's laughing Morrissey, being insecure of being rejected again but nevertheless wants an answer. Also, with a successful solo career at this point, what would be the point of reuniting? Also, perhaps the fans or his closest friends and family might be laughing due to the band reuniting for "money" or because Morrissey can't hack it on his own? Also at play here, could be Morrissey's hateful streak, laughing off any idea of such a reunion because of his success and the lesser success of the other Smiths.
Say, Billy Budd Same
So you think that you should ? Same
Everyone's laughing! Notice the exclamation point. Driving the point home.
Since I took up with you Commentary about how, lots of people in the music industry sort of thought Morrissey and The Smiths were a joke at first, well, people like Tony Wilson who told a young Steven Morrissey who confessed his ambitions to be a pop star, "Concentrate on your writing, Steven." Blowing off Morrissey's desires for pop star fame. Also, It is widely suspected now that Mike Joyce, Andy, and Johnny used to laugh and make little jokes about Morrissey's eccentricities, along with many others. Morrissey always knew this and maintained his role as black sheep for a long time, even to this very day.
Things have been bad THINGS HAD BEEN BAD up to that point. Not terrible, but bad in the sense that Morrissey didn't feel comfortable with any other songwriting partner like he had with Johnny. Stephen Street, Vini Reilly, Nevin, Boorer, Whyte, the list is long and Morrissey kept bouncing around. Even though this was the second album completed with Whyte and Boorer, IT STILL just wasn't like the old days anymore...Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, Bona Drag, Your Arsenal were nice but it still wasn't THE SMITHS!
Yeah, but now it's 12 years on 12 years on from the release of this song and Vauxhall & I would place us timeline-wise in 1982, the beginning of The Smiths.
Now it's 12 years on Same
Yes, and I took up with you Since we started The Smiths.
I took my job application
Into town When Morrissey went solo, there was an American guitarist (I can't remember his name) that Morrissey wanted to write songs and work with(rumored). In fact, at first, when Morrissey went solo, there were many that were wary of working with him for many reasons: One might be that they were worried about being forever compared to Johnny Marr(this continues to be a fact to this very day). Another reason might be Morrissey's unorthodox way of writing songs, having the musician send demo's of the music for Morrissey to yay or nay and to write melodies over, which some might argue is not really "writing together" at all. Another reason could be Morrissey's growing reputation of being difficult to work with.
Did you hear ? They turned me down The American guitarist, apparently, turned him down. I think there were "others" too, so he uses, "They."
Yes, and it's all because of us No blame on his own difficult personality. The blame rests squarely on future writing partner's JEALOUSY of the success of The Smiths.
Oh, and what was in our eyes This gets a bit weird. By saying what was in our eyes, Morrissey is also laying blame on other people prejudices to the idea that people won't work with Morrissey because they think he might be gay and don't want to be associated with that, but that's just speculation. But also, Morrissey had racked up a reputation for playing "games" or head games and a person could see that prospect of being tiresome. Examples: Whispering in a guitarist's ear during rehearsal, "Do you like chocolate?" Or something like that. Also, refusing to deal with problems properly like placing a note on some bassist's car, "You're no longer a Smith." Blah blah blah, the list is long. I, myself, would enjoy such things as they make life more interesting but I could see how someone would get tired of it, like Johnny did and like a prospective writing partner might be wary of that type of possible hostile work environment even if it is passive aggressive.
Oh, what was in our eyes, yeah Again, a reference to the idea that people were jealous of Morrissey and Johnny's "love" as the sun shined out of their behinds from day one.
I said, Billy Budd see below
I would happily lose see below
Both of my legs see below
I would lose both of my legs see below
Oh, if it meant you could be free Morrissey is no stranger to handicapped references, but here perhaps, Morrissey is talking about the idea that Johnny Marr, whether he decides to reunite The Smiths or not, would be FOREVER attached to Morrissey whether Johnny LIKED IT OR NOT. So, a reunion is not really necessary. Morrissey may feel a bit bad about this, but Morrissey also probably hates being attached to The Smiths sometimes and realizes that he shares the same fate, thereby, he'd be willing to lose his legs to make this not so anymore. It's also telling, while Morrissey would probably like to be back in The Smiths, deep down, when it's all said and done, he wishes The Smiths to remain dead and GOOD RIDDANCE, lock and key, door slammed, guillotine dropped.
Oh, if it meant you could be free
(Don't leave us in the dark!) The Oliver Twist sample wraps up Morrissey's last minute feelings, as an orphaned misfortune, even though he was very hurt by the break and hateful of The Smiths, the demise, there's still hope, with the plea: DON'T LEAVE US IN THE DARK! He still wants to be friends with Johnny and is very grateful for what Johnny did for him, bringing him out of his bedroom and into the spotlight and that there is always hope for a reunion, at least, with Johnny and Morrissey. The truth is, no matter what, Morrissey holds Johnny very dear for believing in him when no one did and for making his hopes and dreams come true. The rest is just banter.

[Author's note: I spent too much time on this, and yet, not enough, but I figured I'd post it anyway. This may be a bit sloppy but the just of it is there and perhaps I'll come back later to upgrade it.]

Original lyrics:

Billy Budd

Say, Billy Budd
So you think you should ?
Oh, everyone's laughing
Say, Billy Budd
So you think that you should ?
Everyone's laughing !
Since I took up with you
Things have been bad
Yeah, but now it's 12 years on
Now it's 12 years on
Yes, and I took up with you
I took my job application
Into town
Did you hear ? They turned me down
Yes, and it's all because of us
Oh, and what was in our eyes
Oh, what was in our eyes, yeah
I said, Billy Budd
I would happily lose
Both of my legs
I would lose both of my legs
(Don't leave us in the dark!)

This is fascinating. Insane, but fascinating. I once read something similar in a fanzine, I forget which one, but you may be onto something here. I'm convinced the song IS about Johnny. In fact, I once asked Johnny if he thought the song was about him. His answer? "Never heard it, and that's a fact." This was quite awhile back, maybe the early 2000s, maybe later, when Johnny would take questions from the fans and answer them on his website. Anyway. Keep on keeping on.

Back
Top Bottom