Take the peodo link down david t - listen to the fans

Mr Reynolds

THINGS TO COME???

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cm45mv

If the story is still on the news page after midnight (UK GMT) I am out of this place forever.

I have tried to reason with David T in Private Messages today and threads . He knows the strength of feeling in play about this. I know his moderator has also tried to appeal for him to take it down.

I will not be sharing a single thing anymore.

You can thank David T.

I don't understand how this blackmail type tactic is benefiting anyone. While I appreciate all of your past sharing and generosity, I don't feel it's appropriate to use it in regards to your request I censor an article from the main page.

THINGS TO COME???

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cm45mv

If the story is still on the news page after midnight (UK GMT) I am out of this place forever.

I have tried to reason with David T in Private Messages today and threads . He knows the strength of feeling in play about this. I know his moderator has also tried to appeal for him to take it down.

I will not be sharing a single thing anymore.

You can thank David T.

I don't understand how this blackmail type tactic is benefiting anyone. While I appreciate all of your past sharing and generosity, I don't feel it's appropriate to use it in regards to your request I censor an article from the main page.

Is it worth it? This NEWS STORY of your choosing? Is it worth this?

images1.jpg
download.jpg

Who is this clown and why would we miss him? Less than 300 posts in 8 years. Ooo big contributor.

Next time you contribute something rare from your collection, feel free to jump in. Until then go bug the christians.

Is there a way for a user to filter out posts with certain keywords and not have them show?
I know the karma system was abused, but I liked being able to set a threshold for viewing posts with the low scored troll material not even viewed - i miss that old part of the site.
There is a fine balance between freedoms and not being empathetic or considerate.
Perhaps a 'speculation' section for things that are not quite fully substatiated?
As the link was assessed as worthy of inclusion, fine, but perhaps a bit more assessment of the ramifications/impacts and filtering out to an area when it can be discussed heatedly would be a compromise?
Censorship is not generally a great thing, but common sense would suggest some topics need a degree of handling differently. No freedoms need be stifled by simply sorting 'real' news from alleged pederasty, aids, booze, Diana et al...
My nickel's worth.
FWD

Who is this clown and why would we miss him? Less than 300 posts in 8 years. Ooo big contributor.

Woah woah woah. Steady on there.

He's a good guy. Going through a rough patch. Many reasons. He worked with Moz. Some time back.

Cut him some slack. I know I'm a little easy on the trigger, but trust me, he's in a bad place right now.

I'm not saying we justify our comments on circumstance that no one else would know, and heaven knows I'm not perfect.

Cut him some slack.

P.

Woah woah woah. Steady on there.

He's a good guy. Going through a rough patch. Many reasons. He worked with Moz. Some time back.

Cut him some slack. I know I'm a little easy on the trigger, but trust me, he's in a bad place right now.

I'm not saying we justify our comments on circumstance that no one else would know, and heaven knows I'm not perfect.

Cut him some slack.

P.

Vinny Reilly? I am sorry didn't know that certain posters should be treated with kid gloves and/or deserve the VIP treatment. My apologies.

Alright, I listened to the link. What is that?

Excerpts of early unreleased studio quality takes of 'You Must Please Remember' and 'Nobody Loves Us' - both with different lyrics here and there as they are in the process of being written.

Alright, I listened to the link. What is that?
It appears to be two demos that sound great.
Apart from the obvious.
I would love those to be shared properly.
FWD

Very nice, I did not know of the existence.

Perhaps we can turn a negative into a positive. With our exchanges here and through PM, I am a bit more empathetic. I really do not wish any pain to be brought up by anyone that this may have. I'm sorry if it doesn't seem like I am paying attention to your request but you appear to be angry and did not answer any of the questions I brought up in my PMs. The main thing I asked was:

The Guardian reported the Morrissey comment "eating meat is the same as paedophilia" which offended a lot of people. Do you think they should remove the article because some people were very offended by it?

I don't think censoring it from the main page accomplishes anything, after a day or two the link will be gone off the main page naturally.

Excerpts of early unreleased studio quality takes of 'You Must Please Remember' and 'Nobody Loves Us' - both with different lyrics here and there as they are in the process of being written.

Very nice, I did not know of the existence.

Perhaps we can turn a negative into a positive. With our exchanges here and through PM, I am a bit more empathetic. I really do not wish any pain to be brought up by anyone that this may have. I'm sorry if it doesn't seem like I am paying attention to your request but you appear to be angry and did not answer any of the questions I brought up in my PMs. The main thing I asked was:

The Guardian reported the Morrissey comment "eating meat is the same as paedophilia" which offended a lot of people. Do you think they should remove the article because some people were very offended by it?

I don't think censoring it from the main page accomplishes anything, after a day or two the link will be gone off the main page naturally.

I did answer all your questions David. I said that your attempt to equalise the 'Morrissey Meat Eating = Paedophilia' is a straw man - Morrissey is condemning child abuse at the same time he equate the slaughter of animals with the issue. As a victim of child abuse I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that article's twisted attempt to link Morrissey with known child abusers AND/OR even attempt to claim Morrissey is an abuser. As a victim of child abuse I seriously do have a problem with that.
Surely this is clear to you and all right thinking people?

My question was do you think The Guardian should remove the article because people are offended? I didn't ask what your opinion was on the quote.

You could say this site is condemning child abuse also. Certainly on the surface it appears like a crazy person but isn't that the actual intent of it?

I did answer all your questions David. I said that your attempt to equalise the 'Morrissey Meat Eating = Paedophilia' is a straw man - Morrissey is condemning child abuse at the same time he equate the slaughter of animals with the issue. As a victim of child abuse I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that article's twisted attempt to link Morrissey with known child abusers AND/OR even attempt to claim Morrissey is an abuser. As a victim of child abuse I seriously do have a problem with that.
Surely this is clear to you and all right thinking people?

David, don't cave. You'll be selling your soul to the Devil. What is next? I send you two roundtrip tickets to Spain if you ban Geezer? THIS would set a dangerous precedent. You can be bought. Give up your principles for a rare recording.

He is abusing his power. Sad. He knows certain collectors/obsessives will blame you if they don't get to hear this rare recording. If he were so generous he would have shared it long ago. Not wait until he could use it as a bargaining tool to control the content of this site. I can't even believe I am witnessing this. It is so pathetic. What a saddo.

Back
Top Bottom