Talkhouse podcast: Idles singer wouldn't support Morrissey (May 28, 2020)

Person you never heard of turns down offer they will never receive.

Idles are pretty big. I suspect their last album sold more than Morrissey’s recent atrocity.

They are consistently inclusive, anti racist, anti misogyny and carry a genuine emotional punch. In those regards they are Morrissey’s polar opposites.

Idles are pretty big. I suspect their last album sold more than Morrissey’s recent atrocity.

They are consistently inclusive, anti racist, anti misogyny and carry a genuine emotional punch. In those regards they are Morrissey’s polar opposites.
Well I did like him after listening to the interview but look at the danger of what he's doing. I googled and there is a Guardian interview where the headline is "I'm not the next Billy Bragg." Once you start on that road to being Bono I think it's a slippery slope. Hearing the people cheering him during this interview I feel like he should try to avoid that trap.
The story of taking care of his dying mother and the Brutalism record is more interesting I think. I'm going to check out his music. I just think that bringing up Morrissey the way he did, just to say he wouldn't open for him, he's creating a public image that ultimately is probably restrictive and not about his music. I agree with him that the Foo Fighters are boring no matter what a nice guy Dave Grohl may be but he did agree to open for them because he wanted to be exposed to a bigger audience. I don't know but I think maybe mentioning Morrissey out of the blue is done for the same reason.
The only part I would care about in your description of what they do is "genuine." Being anti-bad things is ... good? But ultimately boring and seems more about a manicured political image than about the music.

Old
Well I did like him after listening to the interview but look at the danger of what he's doing. I googled and there is a Guardian interview where the headline is "I'm not the next Billy Bragg." Once you start on that road to being Bono I think it's a slippery slope. Hearing the people cheering him during this interview I feel like he should try to avoid that trap.
The story of taking care of his dying mother and the Brutalism record is more interesting I think. I'm going to check out his music. I just think that bringing up Morrissey the way he did, just to say he wouldn't open for him, he's creating a public image that ultimately is probably restrictive and not about his music. I agree with him that the Foo Fighters are boring no matter what a nice guy Dave Grohl may be but he did agree to open for them because he wanted to be exposed to a bigger audience. I don't know but I think maybe mentioning Morrissey out of the blue is done for the same reason.
The only part I would care about in your description of what they do is "genuine." Being anti-bad things is ... good? But ultimately boring and seems more about a manicured political image than about the music.

Why would he think a q and a in front of 100 people would propel him to a bigger audience?

Old Cancerpants of Altrincham would have a stroke if he heard this

Old

Why would he think a q and a in front of 100 people would propel him to a bigger audience?
He mentions during the recording of this interview that he is aware it's being recorded. It's online. That's like saying "why would an interview with one person get a bigger audience?"
How did being on the Ed Sullivan show help the Beatles? There were only a couple hundred people in the room. What was the point of landing on the moon? There was no one there to see it.

I hate the term "virtue signalling" because it suggests being a decent person is somehow an attention-seeking behavior, but this video should just he called Hipster - "Virtue Signalling."

"Virtue signalling is the popular modern habit of indicating that one has virtue merely by expressing disgust or favour for certain political ideas or cultural happenings."

Lots of it on here.

He mentions during the recording of this interview that he is aware it's being recorded. It's online. That's like saying "why would an interview with one person get a bigger audience?"
How did being on the Ed Sullivan show help the Beatles? There were only a couple hundred people in the room. What was the point of landing on the moon? There was no one there to see it.
Think television audiences of millions may have helped but i could be wrong

They are consistently inclusive...

How is a band comprised of five white guys 'inclusive'? Half of them should resign immediately, and be replaced by persons of different races/gender. Maybe get someone disabled in as well. :unsure:

the devil will find nonsense for Idles mouth to spew.

:cool:

Actually the idles are bad.they ripped off another band called Pissed jeans who they probably went to see live in Bristol years ago...

anyone who bases his/her political beliefs on made up, out of context lies from the Guardian deserve to be fans of the Idles.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom