Tattoo Enquiry

David1291

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to read this!

I know this is a Morrissey-solo board but i've been wrestling with which morrissey or Smiths lyrics to get tattooed on me. I considered "there is no such thing in life as normal" but i think i want to go with "there is a light..."

i know most of you will be purists who dislike the tattooing of one of the more famous songs but it has special meaning to me and Im confident its what i want.

I found a photo of it tattoo'd where i would like to get it, on the right upper arm (i'm 19 and have fairly toned arms so it wouldnt look silly) so enclosed is the picture, tell me what you think!

thank you, David!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36531939@N08/3365127328/

Re: Tattoo Enquiry!

I really like it, it's in a good place of the body and it's not tacky at all (like a lot of tattos are) Go for it! If you really want to, go for it!

Last edited:

Don't do it. When you're old and saggy you will regret it...

yeah i really like it!

i dont buy in to "regret it when your older" rhetoric, when i'm 80 years old in a care-home having lost control of my bowels a tattoo on my shoulder will be the last of my worries, thanks for the feedback though :D

i dont buy in to "regret it when your older" rhetoric, when i'm 80 years old in a care-home having lost control of my bowels a tattoo on my shoulder will be the last of my worries, thanks for the feedback though :D

Just wait until the 80-year-old Cure fans come gunning for you with the butterknives they swiped from the cafeteria...see if it's the least of your worries then!

Old blokes look great with tattoos though my grandad was about 80 when he died and had loads of navy and salior tats!

Morrissey Tattoo

i tried to find a thread about morrissey fan's tattoos and i couldn`t so i made my own thread! This is the tattoo i had the day after i saw him! :) hope you like it (i know the flamingo may have nothing to do with moz but i love it!!)

426069_3470729851685_1374297988_3373673_1050584601_n.jpg

Re: Morrissey Tattoo

i tried to find a thread about morrissey fan's tattoos and i couldn`t so i made my own thread! This is the tattoo i had the day after i saw him! :) hope you like it (i know the flamingo may have nothing to do with moz but i love it!!)

Bravo! :clap: THat has got to be the most original image set to a Morrissey lyric I have ever seen inked on somebody.

attachment.php

Old blokes look great with tattoos though my grandad was about 80 when he died and had loads of navy and sailor tats!

Yeah, and see where he is now? In the ground. Dead. Cold and full of formaldehyde.

All because he got a tattoo.

There was a young fellow, about 19 I'd say, in the pub the other night who was showing off his tattoos. On his shoulder blades he had two angels, and on what I would call the flange of his back he had a picture of his mum. It was terrible, but no-one had the heart to tell him because he was a bit of a simpleton. He said it was so "muh mummy was always lookin' over muh shoulder" - again, no-one wanted to tell him how stupid that was. Get a photo, put it in your wallet, bang, job done.

He also had his name tattooed on his chest "where muh heart is 'cos muh name is very special duh me". Put me off getting a tattoo forever. I see some strapping lads at the gym and some have nice tattoos, but like someone said earlier, they don't look so good when you get older. And tattoos are for chavs, let us never forget.

There was a young fellow, about 19 I'd say, in the pub the other night who was showing off his tattoos. On his shoulder blades he had two angels, and on what I would call the flange of his back he had a picture of his mum. It was terrible, but no-one had the heart to tell him because he was a bit of a simpleton. He said it was so "muh mummy was always lookin' over muh shoulder" - again, no-one wanted to tell him how stupid that was. Get a photo, put it in your wallet, bang, job done.

He also had his name tattooed on his chest "where muh heart is 'cos muh name is very special duh me". Put me off getting a tattoo forever. I see some strapping lads at the gym and some have nice tattoos, but like someone said earlier, they don't look so good when you get older. And tattoos are for chavs, let us never forget.

I wouldn't want my mummy looking over my shoulder when I wake up in the morning..

Tags
tattoos
Back
Top Bottom