tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Saw V - Was alright, bit too gory in parts. It's a shame none of the Saw's are as great as the first one.

Irreversible - I don't know why I decided to watch this again, I need a new soul.

I went to see 'Looking for Eric'.
Would give it 6/10; not very good. Full of clichés with a pretty muddled plot.
Guess it was fairly entertaining and some good Cantona clips but that's about it...

I enjoyed it for the most part, and would maybe give it 7 - 7.5? Just thought that the climax was a little too drawn-out, and that the lead actor was a litte flat at times.

Incredible premise for a film, mind!

Gosford Park.

Great acting I suppose from an all-star British cast, but it wasn't fast-paced enough for me. I don't mind period dramas usually but just couldn't get into this one. Stephen Fry's cameo saved it a bit for me.

Saw Harry Potter...yes.

I haven't been to see a film at the cinema in an age- I think Coraline 3D was the last one :D- but I watched The History Boys today. It's a fantastic film- very funny, but touching and intelligent. And of course Dominic Cooper is just the icing on the cake. :love: :D

Passenger. Movie sucked but...

anne-hathaway.jpg

:horny:

My favourite film of all time again....Empire of The Sun.:cool:

Bruno made me lolz, I just don't know why.

any movie that you can somehow fit Sting in is good, haha.

Yeah, the song at the end of Bruno was funny featuring Sting, Chris Martin, Bono and hilariously, Elton John playing the piano sitting on a Mexican!
It was a great film tho' maybe not quite as funny as Borat because I guess we are more used to the format this time, so it's not so shocking.

Bit of a disturbing British film called 'London To Brighton', good though.

Yeah, the song at the end of Bruno was funny featuring Sting, Chris Martin, Bono and hilariously, Elton John playing the piano sitting on a Mexican!
It was a great film tho' maybe not quite as funny as Borat because I guess we are more used to the format this time, so it's not so shocking.

thanks for the spoiler! :thumb:

neverending-story.jpg

I've just finished watching The NeverEnding Story, which I thought it was an amazing fantasy film from the '80s. It's about a young boy who daydreams frequently, much to the dismay of his father, who tells him he's been doing poorly in school. On his way to school, the boy gets chased by bullies and hides at a bookstore and finds a book that's entitled "The NeverEnding Story." While being tardy to school, the boy sneaks up into the school's attic and begins reading the book. The book describes the imaginary world of Fantasia which has been in danger by a force called "The Nothing." The residents of Fantasia gathered up to plead for help from the Empress of Fantasia, but she has fallen gravely ill due to the Nothing. The Empress chooses a young warrior named Atreyu to help put an ending to the curse by giving him a medallion called the Auryn to use as a guide and a symbol of the Empress. While on his mission, Atreyu must do something more complicated and dangerous to save the Empress. Also, new-wave singer Limahl sings the intriguing theme song written and produced by Giorgio Moroder, who is best known for producing Blondie's 1980 smash-hit Call Me.

The end makes me cry so much as well. So sad.
And no, I haven't unfortunately.

If you like the film, the play is a good read. Large chunks of the dialogue have been lifted wholesale into the film, although it's staging is slightly more abstract.
I'm gutted not to have seen the original touring run of it with the film cast (especially as it did come to Cardiff during the time I've lived there), but it was staged at Wyndham's last spring and I was able to persuade my family into the idea of a nice family trip to London :)

If you like the film, the play is a good read. Large chunks of the dialogue have been lifted wholesale into the film, although it's staging is slightly more abstract.
I'm gutted not to have seen the original touring run of it with the film cast (especially as it did come to Cardiff during the time I've lived there), but it was staged at Wyndham's last spring and I was able to persuade my family into the idea of a nice family trip to London :)

I would love to see/read the play- I hope it tours again at some point. The last time it was on anywhere near me my parents went, but I didn't. Can't remember why, it was before I saw the film though.

It sounds fantastic on stage- I'm a bit of a theatre fanatic. :blushing: :D

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom