tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Blindness (2008)

Based on a novel by José Saramago.

A city is ravaged by an epidemic of instant "white blindness". Those first afflicted are quarantined by the authorities in an abandoned mental hospital where the newly created "society of the blind" quickly breaks down. Criminals and the physically powerful prey upon the weak, hording the meager food rations and committing horrific acts. There is however one eyewitness to the nightmare. A woman whose sight is unaffected by the plague follows her afflicted husband to quarantine. There, keeping her sight a secret, she guides seven strangers who have become, in essence, a family. She leads them out of quarantine and onto the ravaged streets of the city, which has seen all vestiges of civilization crumble.

TERRIBLY depressing, very unrecommended for a Saturday night. Otherwise it's a very good, thought-provoking movie.

Is that with Gael Garcia Bernal? Swoon...:blushing: It sounds like a great film too.

Courtesy of Delta Airlines' meagre in-flight entertainment, the last film I saw was '17 Again', with Zac Efron and Matthew Perry. :squiffy: It was terrible of course, but on a side note, how could any casting director conclude that someone who looks like Zac Efron at 17 could possibly look like Matthew Perry at 37?

I watched The Watchmen movie. FREAKING disappointed... had just finished watching the motion comic and thought it was brilliant.

VincentGallo-TheBrownBunny.jpg

I was disappointed after watching The Brown Bunny, starring Vincent Gallo and Chloe Sevigny. It's about a motorcycle racer who takes a road trip from New Hampshire to California for a racing competition. Then, he becomes haunted and depressed after thinking about the relationship between him and his dead girlfriend. While he travels cross-country, he ends up meeting three different women from the places he stops by. After seeing the "blow-job" scene between the main actors and the rape scene at the end, I've realized that this is the movie that everybody would end up hating. I happen to regret seein' this movie and probably won't see it again.:mad::mad::sick:

Last edited:

VincentGallo-TheBrownBunny.jpg

I was disappointed after watching The Brown Bunny, starring Vincent Gallo and Chloe Sevigny. It's about a motorcycle racer who takes a road trip from New Hampshire to California for a racing competition. Then, he becomes haunted and depressed after thinking about the relationship between him and his dead girlfriend. While he travels cross-country, he ends up meeting three different women from the places he stops by. After seeing the "blow-job" scene between the main actors and the rape scene at the end, I've realized that this is the movie that everybody would end up hating. I happen to regret seein' this movie and probably won't see it again.:mad::mad::sick:

i liked it

hunger_ver2.jpg

Hunger (Starring Michael Fassbender, Directed by Steve McQueen)
Best new film I've seen for a long time. For anyone who doesn't know, it's about Bobby Sands' hunger strike, and the dirty/blanket protests in the Maze pirson. Unbelievably powerful, made me cry.

Saw Bruno today, it had some pretty hilarious moments, wouldn't see it again though.

Bruno - Sacha Baron Cohen returns to the big screen, this time it's the Austrian ultra-gay fashion critic that is pushing people's buttons in the USA. I'm not even sure that it really qualifies being called a film, there's very little plot to speak of, and it's really just 80 minutes of jaw-dropping outrage. The one thing that cannot be denied is that Cohen goes further than anyone else dare even think of doing - most of the time you just cringe for his hapless victims. Go see it, if only for the astonishing ending - how he got out of that place alive is beyond me. As Lemon just stated, I wouldn't see it again.

I watched 'the Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" the other night on pay per view.It was not bad, and Pitt was fairly good in it.I was expecting the worst. I think it is one of Fitzgerald's weaker short stories, but it was not bad.

I watched 'the Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" the other night on pay per view.It was not bad, and Pitt was fairly good in it.I was expecting the worst. I think it is one of Fitzgerald's weaker short stories, but it was not bad.

really?, i think if you think back on it a little later after watching it :popcorn:
then you will realize it was complete crap :straightface:

Saw Bruno today, it had some pretty hilarious moments, wouldn't see it again though.

OMG!!! I saw it tonight and I almost couldn't stop laughing that I started crying. It was funny as hell, yo!! I SO wanna see it again!:lbf::lbf::tears:

I saw Bruno last night amongst a very rowdy cinema audience. It was full of laughs but I couldn't help feeling that I needed to intellectualise it somehow. As it finished people behind me were saying "worst movie ever" but I would watch it again.

It wasn't a movie but like a 4 part tv thing called 'The Long Firm' and was realy good about a bent (in everysense of the word) east-end gangster who's mother describes as being 'born to hang'(is this where Moz got the reference from?) it was based on a book which i have just picked up to read. very good stuff.

Yeah Bruno was good...very funny. Preferred borat though.

Borat is the single most funny thing I have ever seen.I was almost hospitalised after watching it,it cracked me up so much.:D

Gran Torino - Sentimental, beautiful and funny update of Dirty Harry. Don't agree with criticisms of the Hmong actors, I thought the girl was very good.

Blowup - A bit abstract and arty but in the best way possible. First British full frontal nudity, and a gorgeous Jane Birkin. Great Yardbirds Cameo and a nice lot of scenes shot locally.

I went to see 'Looking for Eric'.
Would give it 6/10; not very good. Full of clichés with a pretty muddled plot.
Guess it was fairly entertaining and some good Cantona clips but that's about it...

Gran Torino - Sentimental, beautiful and funny update of Dirty Harry. Don't agree with criticisms of the Hmong actors, I thought the girl was very good.

My own intepretation of the film is that it is a sort of pastiche of Eastwoods previous work Unforgiven (that's one hell of a film). The same sentiments are there, altough the outcome is rather different than in the tale of William Munny. Nevertheless a very good film.

Last edited:
Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom