tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Finally watched The History Boys..It doesn't work as a film, the 80's soundtrack feels out of place.

publicenemies01303404un.jpg

I'm a big fan of Depp and Michael Mann in particular, but I thought this one fell a bit flat.

Catwoman, with Halle Berry. It's utter shite. Awful, awful, awful. Expensive-looking though.

The new Harry Potter...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh dear, a few folk have told me that's bobbins..not that i asked.
You need to claim those few hours back, perhaps the war office will discharge you to the pub.

The Girl Next Door.
"Based on the Jack Ketchum novel of the same name"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830558/

Do you like films that make you feel uncomfortable watching them.
Well this is for you.It will remind you just how cruel and nasty human beings can be.Here's a trailer from the tube.
If you watch this film you best have a strong stomach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=typY725pjZ4

500-days-of-summer-01.jpg

Yesterday, I went to see the movie that may have changed my life forever- (500) Days of Summer. It's a love story about a young woman, named Summer, who doesn't believe in true love and men, and a man, Tom, who is a hopeless romantic and falls in love with her. During the 500 days, the movie focuses on Tom, who goes from a joyful and exciting giddiness for a little while, then goes into a deep depression just (like) that. I thought the movie was a work of art along with a couple songs of (you've guessed it!) The Smiths and others by, including, Regina Spektor and Hall & Oates.

The International http://www.sonypictures.net/movies/theinternational/

I just read a review on IMDB that I totally agree with, except the last sentence. I'll watch Clive Owen in anything. ;)

I went to see the movie seeing an IMDb rating of 7/10. I was deeply bored. The script was all over the place. The plot was underdeveloped and the climax was very ordinary. The only one time I felt captivated was the shooting scene at Guggenheim. Whoever wrote the screenplay left a lot to be desired . The dialogues were so run of the mill. A lot of unnecessary mystery is brought in with trivial solutions. All the reference to funds being used for terrorism were cursory. Terror funding plays little or no role in the plot as such. The movie has NOTHING to do with terrorism. And the lead actor was always tense and monotonous. This is not worth a dime.

Before that, I watched City of Ember with Tim Robbins & Bill Murray. Enjoyable, family movie.

When mankind is about to come to an end, a group of scientists decide to create and populate a city deep underground. The city of Ember is to last for 200 years after which its inhabitants are to retrieve from a strong box instructions to return to the surface. Over time however, the message is lost and life in Ember is rapidly deteriorating. Their power supply is failing and food is being rationed. It's left to two young adults to unearth the secret of Ember and to lead the way out.

house of flying daggers which isnt new but god, some of the scenes are breathtaking, they should make more films that beautiful.

Harry Potter And Who Was Meant To Be The Half-Blood Prince Anyway? :squiffy: I didn't really like it, nothing more to say.

house of flying daggers which isnt new but god, some of the scenes are breathtaking, they should make more films that beautiful.

It certainly is quite the visual treat, isn't it? That said, for my money, I much prefer Hero. Each scene more captivating than the next. And the fact that my two future ex-wives, Maggie Cheung and Ziyi Zhang, are in the film doesn't hurt either.

Whatever_works.jpg

it was OK, I guess, more of a reminder of my now deep and abiding pessimism than anything else though
straightface.gif

and were I to take some of the plot to heart, I might find myself jumping out of windows in order to improve my life
rolleyes.gif

Jesus%20Is%20Magic%20Poster-%20300.jpg

This movie is amazing. Sarah Silverman is just too good.:guitar:

Last film I saw was the Producers. I laughed myself sick. Truly fantastic. 'Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?'

dvd_watchmen.jpg

I've been pretty much watching it nonstop. Brilliant. Although, a word to the wise, I'd recommend the theatrical version to the directors' cut, I thought the different takes ultimately detracted from the film, if you want more, read the book, or pick up the five-disc ultimate version coming in december, I am.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom