tell us about the last Film you saw

Two weirdos and a beer.

No I watched Two lovers and a bear after it was mentioned in this thread and it made me think of Donnie Darko for some reason. A alcoholic young man and a oversexual victim of incest roam about in the north pole as you do.
She drives a taxi and no one is sure what the rest are doing. Not sure if this is supposed to portray life up there cause I got a feeling this was Greenland.
Anyway, the neurotic american or canadian couple are having a relationship problem and the girl can see her dead dad who sexually abused her.
I found it funny that they just headed out on their snowmobiles out in nowhere in a place like that which of course end in disaster. The people behind this had no idea what they wanted to do so it ended up a very confusing movie where you don't understand the setting and why they are there. One moment it is drama then almost horror and then sheer parody as the mentally ill alcoholic guy talks to a polar bear who might even be GOD.
Yeah, this will annoy you a lot but the end is epic and when they end up at this abandoned military facility it is almost like the director is pleading with financers that the next movie is set in space at some space station.

https://nyafilmer.to/two-lovers-and-a-bear/

i guess arno frisch is the darkhaired one with the skinny legs? he has a lovely austrian accent that he stresses just a tiny little bit too much.

the us remake was released 10 years after the original. hollywood mustve gone crazy in their desire to pinch this material knowing that the us mainstream audience would never watch international films with yet unknown actors or actresses from other countries. so, money could only be made with a us cast. haneke probably knew what they wouldve done to the script, if he just let them, like making the psychopaths look merely like cartoonish bullies getting the laughs as the killings can easily be wiped away with a remote control, which is one of the narrative meta-elements in the film that help you to distance yourself from the story and transfer your newly gained insight of who and what a psychopath is to the real world.

being the director and not changing a single scene in the remake shows that he had total uncompromising control over the rights to the film, and he proudly demonstrates it.

there are two more hanekes on mubi at the moment. might watch another one today. we had an enormous thunderstorm tonight at 2 am bringing hail and even snow! it's rainy and cold today, which suits me much better than those artificial summer days like the one we had yesterday with 25 degrees.

i thought tat, countthree, you and i should meet at cannes or berlin for the next round of film festivals. how abbout that?
I’m sure it would be memorable.

05D59AD0-87BC-4134-9992-41793062E697.jpeg

Film made to honor his friend Gabriel who died descending a mountain during a year abroad. The filmmaker uses Gabriel’s journal to retrace his final weeks, reenacting his journey as well as sharing statements from the locals he met along the way. Gabriel seems to have had a general passion for meeting people but the conceit of youth was his downfall. Brought back a lot of memories for me of rough traveling days. Some good, some bad.

6F58C6A2-2FB2-4E74-B797-BDAA6DA8D5C4.jpeg
656E90FE-78F8-44B8-85DD-59791A211B17.jpeg

Watched these two back to back. First the documentary and then the movie. Glad I did that as it gave me a deeper understanding of the portion of his life that was portrayed in the film. He’s an interesting man with an undeniable talent.

I just watched Andy Warhol's Dracula. It's on tubi which I highly recommend. I was scrolling through the horror page and it goes on forever. You can watch some hard to find things there.
This was better than expected. If you have seen other Andy Warhol films that were directed by Paul Morrissey you won't be shocked by the sleaze on display here.
I also found some Italian horror films there which I am interested in seeing. The documentary in the link is very good.

51Xq8%2BrV%2BLL._SY445_.jpg
MV5BMDIyYWU1MzEtOTUwMi00MzQ4LTgzMDYtOTY1MTQ1Zjc1ODUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_UY1200_CR93,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

F2BB7C9C-6A52-4B5F-AE3A-A2AA8C84E4A2.jpeg

4CAAD57A-62E5-4273-AC8C-71FC1F985DE0.jpeg

Vietnamese film showing the plight of women in traditional society. Primary value for females is to produce a male heir. Arranged marriages around 13 and they transfer obedience from father on to husband. The female director does show some sympathy towards men by including a young man who rejects his arranged marriage as he is in love with another. The sympathy is quickly transferred to his bride though as she is now rejected by both his family and her own leaving her no option but suicide. Sad story beautifully told.

97A1EC31-63DA-42A6-A85D-3A6257B51FF3.jpeg

Interesting little animated film using felted figures. Set in Belgian Congo mostly around a hotel. Told in 5 (if I remember right) chapters, each focused on a different character but with the poor clarinetist above as a common thread.

1E935946-7C1F-4AE8-A1D7-F439017F9E31.jpeg

With so many talented actor/comedians involved, what could go wrong? Well, it turns out a lot. This zombie flic has a few, very few, funny moments but overall was a disappointment. Watchable but better uses of time out there.

And that wasn't a useless infantile comment at all.
You must be a badly programmed bot.

No I am not a bot I am a human and a damn fine one. lol I partied hard this weekend and went the whole mile. You walked around in wooden shoes all day. lol It is time to step your game up.

The missus and I stumbled across A Taste Of Honey on TV at the weekend.
We watched it yet again and loved every minute of it. I never tire of that film. Dora Bryan is superb of course, and the lovely Rita Tushingham is the lass with acerbic attitude and withering one-liners. Remind you of anyone?

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom