Ten To Hear Again: Morrissey, 1988-1991

Slightly off topic but future looking. I took my daughter to watch The 1975 in Manchester last night, I'm a bit biased as I have a pint with the singers dad now and again but the atmosphere was incredible and reminded me of gigs by The Smiths and Morrissey from years gone by. Wonder if my daughter will be involved in debates like this in 30 years after the inevitable split and solo careers?

Who knows but one things for sure Manchester is still producing fantastic bands!!

FFS, the 1975 are utterly f***ing awful. They're like a shit Level 42 covers band. A massive pile of funk pop wank. The biggest, obvious record-company joke since Gay Dad. The number of people they've duped is just mind numbing. Wake up, twats!

Ye I reckon The California Son is at the height of his musical powers and with the release of the self titled labor of love masterpiece album California Son, I reckon Uncle Steve will finally win a Grammy. The album is not only a dedication to his home state by calling it California Son, but also to his country by doing covers of obscure long forgotten American composers. You foreigners and people in "the Northeast" here need to finally come to terms that The California Son was born in the San Fernando Valley and he couldn't even locate Mankchaster on a map of Brittin. Wake the f*** up mate in n n n n n din't n n n n it.

FFS, the 1975 are utterly f***ing awful. They're like a shit Level 42 covers band. A massive pile of funk pop wank. The biggest, obvious record-company joke since Gay Dad. The number of people they've duped is just mind numbing. Wake up, twats!

[/QUOTE

Level 42, can’t think of anything they did that resembles Sex? I must be one of those millions who have been dupped as I think they’re a very good band, the atmosphere the other night was right up there with any Smiths/Morrissey gig I’ve attended over the years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom