"Thankskilling" - statement by Morrissey at true-to-you.net

Thankskilling - true-to-you.net
26 November 2013

Thankskilling

Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths, and then have their throats slit. And President Obama laughs. Haha, so funny!
As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of "our nation's top killers", causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol. And President Obama laughs.
Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51% of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry.
And President Obama laughs.

MORRISSEY
26 November 2013

Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51% of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry.

Preach it! Morrissey has been on a roll as of late. I am glad he generally cares about the well being of animals and is willing to stand up for them. And he is not afraid to call shenanigans on an industry that is polluting the US at an accelerated rate.

He also makes me feel a little less ostracized to be a vegetarian. Morrissey is welcome at my house for a vegetarian thanksgiving any year.

Turkey meat is bad for you? I can't trust anything anymore.

With other threads mentioning honkeys, turkeys, Harlem Globetrotters and WKRP, it's time for one of the best moments of TV sitcom ever,

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God yes. Thank you so much Librarian! A holiday favorite!

Evening all
Morrissey is so right, whether it is turkey for Thanksgiving in the USA or Turkey for Christmas in the UK, Meat is always murder, absolutely. I personally think that meat & the modern day food industy in general is the cause of decline in the human being, per say. Meat is full of crap, eat it & you look & feel & behave like crap, & like a mad , slaughtered animal - basically that is what you are eating.You are what you eat!
Mad Cow's disease anyone? It has been swept under the carpet. Horsemeat in food? Swept under the carpet again!
If you eat shit, then you will look & behave like shit.

I have made my point, don't bother replying with your analysis of my post or your sad & unjustified excuses for eating meat, i seriously do not want to know.

Animals are beautiful, & should not be eaten in this day & age.

Goodnight.

Evening all
Morrissey is so right, whether it is turkey for Thanksgiving in the USA or Turkey for Christmas in the UK, Meat is always murder, absolutely. I personally think that meat & the modern day food industy in general is the cause of decline in the human being, per say. Meat is full of crap, eat it & you look & feel & behave like crap, & like a mad , slaughtered animal - basically that is what you are eating.You are what you eat!
Mad Cow's disease anyone? It has been swept under the carpet. Horsemeat in food? Swept under the carpet again!
If you eat shit, then you will look & behave like shit.

I have made my point, don't bother replying with your analysis of my post or your sad & unjustified excuses for eating meat, i seriously do not want to know.

Animals are beautiful, & should not be eaten in this day & age.

Goodnight.

Can you explain how the horsemeat scandal has been "Swept under the carpet", with evidence and links? Thanks.

P.

Can you explain how the horsemeat scandal has been "Swept under the carpet", with evidence and links? Thanks.

P.

I heard that Jack in the Box put ground horse in their meat in the 80’s but I don’t have any evidence to prove that except that I started craving hay.

Obama is quite the douche-bag. Moz called it! How dare Obama laugh at murdered turkeys? What a sick psycho. Remember when he was newly elected and said he would adopt a shelter dog? But then he got the dog from the breeder while animals die. He's just a dumb meat eater.

Glad to see Morrissey also sees Obama for the bullshitter he is, too.

Even at points in my life when I ate turkey (which I don't currently) I always found the Presidential turkey pardon to be inexplicably unsettling. I can't quite explain why it unsettles me. The whole affair has certainly never struck me as lighthearted or somehow humorous. And Obama's jokes really didn't help change my opinion. I get that he thinks this is above him and a waste of time--I don't really blame him, but his jokes were just sort of crass.

I also couldn't help but note the size of the turkeys--38 pounds. That's not a natural size of a turkey. Animals in modern meat production are bred to be way bigger than they should be and often times can't walk or stand up. It's extremely horrific.

I am glad I am not the only one who picked up on this--someone at the Washington Post did as well--

A wild turkey normally grows to about 9 pounds. A turkey bred for eating, by contrast, typically grows to something like 29 pounds. (The two turkeys on their way to the White House are over 37 pounds apiece.) These domesticated turkeys are often so fat that their skeletons are unable to support that weight. They frequently develop bone deformities and degenerative joint diseases. They're incapable of breeding on their own. They often suffer heart failure or bleeding around the kidneys.
So it's no coincidence that, as US News & World Report and National Journal have discovered, most pardoned turkeys die within a year of being granted a reprieve anyway. The White House wants us to believe these turkeys are living out a life of leisure on the farm and bopping along to their favorite Lady Gaga tracks. Not so:

And if the President was to really "pardon" a turkey wouldn't he not eat one on Thanksgiving? As opposed to a dumb ceremony with two animals he never intended to eat? And maybe he could take a week off from drone strikes or use his actual pardon powers to do something useful?

me either, turkey is hard to come by here in China :confused:

but I might have some duck :eek:
just a little though, OK Mr. Morrissey, I promise not to be a glutton :o

Turkey is easy to come by in Colorado, but we prefer ham. Duck might be good, if prepared correctly. You don't have to apologize to Lord Mudslide.

How dare Obama laugh at murdered turkeys? What a sick psycho. Remember when he was newly elected and said he would adopt a shelter dog? But then he got the dog from the breeder while animals die.

He even named his dog, Bo, after his own initials. Pretty much shows you just how narcissistic the President is!

"As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of "our nation's top killers", causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol"

quoted from above but I'm just not seeing it. Turkey meat is low in calories and low in saturated fat...it has about 0.5 grams of fat per 100 gram serving with a serving size of about 3 ounces. 5% of calories are obtained from fat in turkey as compared to 52 % with pork, 41% in beef and 20% in white chicken

its a personal choice to eat meat or not, but don't tell me its one of our 'top killers' when it seems to be the better choice for meat eaters

"As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of "our nation's top killers", causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol"

quoted from above but I'm just not seeing it. Turkey meat is low in calories and low in saturated fat...it has about 0.5 grams of fat per 100 gram serving with a serving size of about 3 ounces. 5% of calories are obtained from fat in turkey as compared to 52 % with pork, 41% in beef and 20% in white chicken

I thought that was odd, but Newkirk is a confirmed nut, and sanctions the killing of animals in huge numbers. In an alternate universe she'd have joined the Baader-Meinhof gang instead. She's as mad as a tree.

its a personal choice to eat meat or not, but don't tell me its one of our 'top killers' when it seems to be the better choice for meat eaters

Interesting that he put air quotes around 'meat'. Could someone explain this to me? Does he think it is not meat? If so, what is it? If it is this other thing, could those referred deaths be attributed to turkey flesh then? Shouldn't it be attributed to this other thing - with the implication that if you prepare the flesh in an alternative form then that would be healthier?

I'm baffled why he throws so much support to PETA when there are other more ethical and more effective organisations doing the same work. I'm sure those smaller groups would love and benefit greatly his endorsement.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom