That thing Morrissey said about Madonna..

..is one of the greatest and most astute things he's ever said. :D

Totally, that fake b*tch is a repulsive human being. She's getting flabby arms too. :cool:

I thought you were on about that thing he said in the 80s and then I visited the main page.

What a legend. It works on so many levels.

But, having a cursory look through the post-show comments, no mention of this withering put-down!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=07/07/12/1620214

I took a look, too. Scarlet Ibis mentioned that he said something about Madonna but, I could not find anyone here who provided the quote until the new item showed up.

I like how Morrissey talks to the audience in this folksy, personal way, as if he's talking with someone over drinks. Unfortunately, when this banter gets quoted by the press as if he's making some sort of papal edict, that's when these off-handed statements get totally blown out of proportion.

That was a pointless and stupid thing to say, and what brought it on? Let's see... what recent event might have Morrissey wanting to take a shot at Madonna? Oh, he isn't that petty is he?

Madonna was a vegetarian the last time I knew, and I don't think she wears fur. Besides he's talking about a human being when he talks about "that African boy".

I'm not some kind of rabid Madonna fan, but really this comment was not worthy of attention, and definitely not celebration.

Words: Morrissey
Music: Ingrid Newkirk

Satisfyingly bitchy, I guess, but this smacks of PETA puppetry, same with the Canada boycott. I love Morrissey's opinions but not when he's just the mouthpiece for an activist organization.

Hmm let's see. She can't sing, she doesn't write her own songs.

Why is she famous again?

Isn't Madonna one of them? Did she forget to send in her membership dues or what? Another thing while we're talking about PETA, after calling Paris Hilton the Worst Pet Owner Of The Year, they tried to get her to narrate some video on the grounds that her time in jail would have made her feel empathy for caged animals. Did they intend the request to sound like that? If so, yes, satisfyingly bitchy, but also a little but celebrity obsessed. And apparently, if they did ask him to say this, yes, they used him. Made him look cheap while they were at it.

Words: Morrissey
Music: Ingrid Newkirk

Satisfyingly bitchy, I guess, but this smacks of PETA puppetry, same with the Canada boycott. I love Morrissey's opinions but not when he's just the mouthpiece for an activist organization.

heh dont you mean terrorist organization? they's some crizzazy bitches.

I think it was an incredibly immature,insensitive and ignorant thing to say.

"that African boy" is called David and is from Malawi.It's like referring to Morrissey as "that European guy".

It sounds like a bitter old queen comment to me.

"Oh, you silly old man
You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage "

No doubt their staff has more than its share of crazy people, but PETA is not a terrorist organization (unless your name is Alberto Gonzalez...is it?). I don't object to Morrissey's comment because it was PETA. I'd object if it was Grandmothers For The Baking of Fresh Cookies. I just don't like the idea that Morrissey was prompted to make a withering public comment about Madonna because (let's say) he had lunch with Ingrid Newkirk earlier in the day.

Morrissey is so right. Al Gore too...big "beef" man...doing the whole "ask not what your country can do for you" guilt trip. if he has already decided to be the posterchild for the environment (kind of hypocritical when he co-signed the Serbia bombing mission in 1999 when he was vice president, to drop depleated plutonium on the country..and if you remember corrently, that was way after his "environmentalist" conversion). there's one thing he can do, and that is to go vegetarian. screw ethical part of it for now, bottom line is, 80% all omissions are caused by "food" farming in America....so yeah....there's a big chunk o'duty waiting for Al to do to better the environment.

Oh my...I went off-topic a bit. Morrissey is amazing. See, he is so conscious of people's character and is an amazing social critic.

It sounds like a bitter old queen comment to me.

Doesn't everything Moz says sound like that to you?

Why would his sexuality be relevant to the topic?

Morrissey meant no disrespect to the child.

no they are not. You are probably thinking of Animal Liberation Front. They are not a terrorist organization either. I think people set out to liberate living beings from concentration camps are heroes. Those who torure them, kill them, dismember them, sell them, buy them- ..what do you think they are?

PETA has been a pacifist organization. I am very anrgy at them about something at the moment, but it is not their action against fur farms and slaughterhouses...they are amazing for that and I respect them endlessly for it

no they are not. You are probably thinking of Animal Liberation Front. They are not a terrorist organization either. I think people set out to liberate living beings from concentration camps are heroes. Those who torure them, kill them, dismember them, sell them, buy them- ..what do you think they are?

PETA has been a pacifist organization. I am very anrgy at them about something at the moment, but it is not their action against fur farms and slaughterhouses...they are amazing for that and I respect them endlessly for it

i dont agree with you. I cant remember which group broke into the university and f***ed it up, but that is not pacifist. People take causes to extremes. I will now exit this thread as to not ruffle more feathers, because it seems that most people here are very Veg-driven and I don't share these same views so I'd rather just avoid further pointless moral conflict since no one will change my opinion and I haven't set out to change yours.

i dont agree with you. I cant remember which group broke into the university and f***ed it up, but that is not pacifist. People take causes to extremes. I will now exit this thread as to not ruffle more feathers, because it seems that most people here are very Veg-driven and I don't share these same views so I'd rather just avoid further pointless moral conflict since no one will change my opinion and I haven't set out to change yours.

it was ALF. i never said ALF was pacifist. it is sad that not even Morrissey can change your opinion.

it was ALF. i never said ALF was pacifist. it is sad that not even Morrissey can change your opinion.

oh i knew i had to come back because i like you pandora.
I dislike beef and rarely eat other meats, and when i do i make conscientious choices like free range. I'm not a complete monster. I quite like boca burgers i've grown addicted, and i've been a PB&J person since i was old enough to chew.
Sadly for you guys, I'll never be vegetarian, and I just don't agree with this staunch feeling that no one should eat animals, ever. I'm no Ted Nugent but I can't be beans n sprouts either. I don't agree with a fair share of what Morrissey says or does, but I still love him, and I'm a huuuuge fan. I don't feel like I have to embody all of his morals and values to be a truly devoted fan.

Doesn't everything Moz says sound like that to you?

Why would his sexuality be relevant to the topic?

Morrissey meant no disrespect to the child.

Come on, Amy. Let's ignore the sexuality thing, cause anyone can sound like an old queen, but that was a terrible thing to say about that child. Whatever Madonna's reasons for adopting, and whatever better way she might have saved more children or done things differently and somehow better, that's a personal decision, and she did something, and possibly she and Angelina Jolie, as much as they are criticized for their adoptions, may raise awareness, and make a change for the better. It was a terrible thing to say and after reading the thread my conclusion is that someone at PETA reads the tabloids and possibly even looks at yahoo! news, and asks themselves, "How can we exploit a celebrity this week?" Madonna's had that child for a while, and it is awfully suspicious that he picks this week, the week she headlined Live World Aid or whatever it was called, to make this comment. I'm glad that I didn't think it was something he was truly upset about, but at the same time, the fact that he's obviously being used is almost worse.

Back
Top Bottom