The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
He might be socially awkward & coy about his real relationships - but I don't believe he's ashamed if he'll wax lyrical about gritty prison cell sex in his autobiography.

View attachment 57585
He's comfortable with a lot of things as long as he controls the way it's being presented.

Your colleague sounds like a scumbag. I feel bad for his wife

He's not my colleague.

I dont condone his lifestyle. My post wasn't an endorsement of that way of living but it was an example that such people exist and are terrified of being gay or being seen to be gay that they will hide it at whatever cost. It is not uncommon that are married man, married to women, but are gay. It was a post in response to the suggestion if Moz was gay he would be waving the rainbow flag like every other gay man and that is a statement of fiction.

Yes. Then there's the way he makes Damon walk six paces behind him at all times and carry his bags so that he's 'just his assistant.' At the Legend premiere, you could just about spot him in the background, but he was never going to be publicly acknowledged as his partner. Which I do find weird, and more in keeping with what gay celebrities did in times past, like Frankie Howerd. As you say, it's almost like he's ashamed.

Which is how he has always been (remember that ridiculous airport anecdote about Jake?) and it's really sad to see, especially from a man who once said this:

"I feel completely open. If I met someone tomorrow, male or female, and I loved them and they loved me, I would loudly proclaim that I loved them, regardless of what they were. I think people should be loved whatever their gender, whatever their age. I accept that my experience is different from that of most men, but I feel reasonably normal. I don't feel like a freak. My world is bigger."

I think this is what some fans mean when they say Morrissey hasn't 'done a lot' for the LGBT+ community. On one hand he speaks quite openly and isn't pretending about anything - but on the other, he won't even acknowledge the word 'gay', he's never gone public with a partner, it's all winks and nods and "I'm just a private person" and by 60-odd, that wears really thin. A 'glass closet' basically.

Last edited:
In reading all of this, I’m now wondering if a bisexual identity is actually something a lot of people here seem really quite uncomfortable with.

Exactly.

It's not unusual to avoid press intrusion by not talking about a relationship.

It's not unusual to avoid press intrusion by not talking about a relationship.

Many celebrities protect their privacy without need for this 'mystery' and misdirection that he uses. They give a basic outline of the facts and that's that, no more details. Not many are saying nonsense like, "Can't brothers be lovers?" (on being challenged about a relationship) or "I'm humasexual" - it just looks like shame.

I wonder what alternate history Moz would have had if he just came out as gay in 1981. I honestly think all this silliness about privacy and "humasexuality" has taken so much energy, and, in the end, I think it is a kind of self-repression that has fueled his reactionary politics.

I wonder what alternate history Moz would have had if he just came out as gay in 1981. I honestly think all this silliness about privacy and "humasexuality" has taken so much energy, and, in the end, I think it is a kind of self-repression that has fueled his reactionary politics.

I think you can be outraged about something like the Manchester terrorist attack regardless of sexuality.

Many celebrities protect their privacy without need for this 'mystery' and misdirection that he uses. They give a basic outline of the facts and that's that, no more details. Not many are saying nonsense like, "Can't brothers be lovers?" (on being challenged about a relationship) or "I'm humasexual" - it just looks like shame.

🤒

only true in that Drama lePew is not an celebrity and is basically an unknown midget twat. :p
hes probably schnoggling with a bunch of dudes today and nobody would notice or care.:lbf:

That's not really true - showmances & fabrications are legion.

And it's the same way he talks about everything - all jokes & complaints.

He's just weirder than most celebrities.

In reading all of this, I’m now wondering if a bisexual identity is actually something a lot of people here seem really quite uncomfortable with.
I haven't caught up on the whole thread but has anyone suggested that Morrissey is bisexual? Because there is no evidence that Morrissey has ever been interested in women sexually and plenty of evidence that he is, in fact, very turned off by the idea!

I think you can be outraged about something like the Manchester terrorist attack regardless of sexuality.

I think you missed the point of the original poster. It was about self repression about sexuality that can lead to reactivity elsewhere. I know you would love to jump onto the manchester attack sidetrack thing but it isnt what this is about.

He's not really being reactionary though - there's serious splits on the UK left about gender & cultural relativism. Some people jumped to the right because there seemed to be no space on the progressive left, not because they were repressed.

No because they are boring. In the words of John Waters from Female Trouble:

"The world of the heterosexual is a sick and boring life"

It is bizarre that you put a comparison reference on how gay people should behave according to how straight people behave. Lol

I used to be a big John Walters fans...saw Pink Flamingos on the big screen...bought some of his books.........never considered the fact he might be gay at the time. My gaydar was well off.

He's not really being reactionary though - there's serious splits on the UK left about gender & cultural relativism. Some people jumped to the right because there seemed to be no space on the progressive left, not because they were repressed.

I dont think that was what the poster was saying. He/she was saying the self repression over his sexuality could lead to reactivity elsewhere. I dont think it was a point about the political left or right.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom