The 1981 gay pride march in Huddersfield - Morrissey spotted in photos?

If you ask me, that's him, no doubt.

20200710_094349.jpg

Link to article:

Also:

What do we think about him? Spotted in another picture from the article.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
To the credit of England Is Mine, they did include him covering "Give Him A Great Big Kiss" without changing the pronouns, which has been mentioned in a few biographies and is very queer.

Because Morrissey obviously tells the truth about everything :lbf: It makes no difference either way, but I am sceptical about the 'bi/huma' stuff because of the many disparaging things he's said about women's bodies. He just doesn't sound like someone who likes women sexually.

If he was lying he liabled himself - it wouldn't help him win his case.

He mentioned in Autobiography having bad experiences (and disinterest) with girls (around 13 or so?), and he said in The Observer (December 1992) that he had sex with a man in 1982, so relatively close to this time. You don't have to be "mentally mature" to be sexually active lol

And his handwriting still looks like the handwriting of a primary-school boy.
He was mentally mature enough to have deep thoughts and opinions on all kinds of complex topics from sexuality to gender to religion and feminism. In these letters he just wanted to have some fun.
He was being flippant, sometimes even aggressively flirting with Mackie.

And his handwriting still looks like the handwriting of a primary-school boy.
He was mentally mature enough to have deep thoughts and opinions on all kinds of complex topics from sexuality to gender to religion and feminism. In these letters he just wanted to have some fun.
He was being flippant, sometimes even aggressively flirting with Mackie.
the photo came in handy until the plumber arrived

Because it's not as sellable as the girl.
I disagree. Morrissey's sexuality has been sensationalised ever since the very beginning of his career. It was one of the main topics in most cover story interviews for over a decade. Just look at this thread, people still love to gossip about it.

A film about his early life that would have included any type of gay relationship would have drawn far more attention than the actual product did.

If he was lying he liabled himself - it wouldn't help him win his case.
Because Morrissey is always oh so rational about these kinds of things 😉

He mentioned in Autobiography having bad experiences (and disinterest) with girls (around 13 or so?), and he said in The Observer (December 1992) that he had sex with a man in 1982, so relatively close to this time. You don't have to be "mentally mature" to be sexually active lol
I didn't say he hadn't, I said I couldn't imagine him having had sex.
As for things he's said in Autobiography, well...pinch of salt required.

I disagree. Morrissey's sexuality has been sensationalised ever since the very beginning of his career. It was one of the main topics in most cover story interviews for over a decade. Just look at this thread, people still love to gossip about it.

A film about his early life that would have included any type of gay relationship would have drawn far more attention than the actual product did.

That doesn't equate to selling tickets - & in some territories it would be cut.

Without even Moz's approval, it would be a daft marketing strategy.

Well considering they already sold 25 million albums in under three albums... so it’s not an surprise they do have fans, stay mad about it..
Who said I was mad? I said he was dreadful, you can't defend the indefensible.

The gays love to gossip but right thru the thread the straights have either taken the piss or jumped overboard.

That doesn't equate to selling tickets - & in some territories it would be cut.

Without even Moz's approval, it would be a daft marketing strategy.
The film didn't sell a lot of tickets as it was and in many countries didn't even make it into the theatres or even get a DVD release.

Last edited:
The film didn't sell a lot of tickets it was and in many countries didn't even make it into the theatres or even get a DVD release.

There had been a glut of films about nerds (with or without bands) self-actualizing in the 60s or 70s. Did I hallucinate one about U2??? The trailer looked deathly dull.

Because it's not as sellable as the girl.

It's not about the movie being sellable at all. The director is a huge fan of the Smiths, that's why he made the movie. If he made a film about Morrissey running off with a girl that would be ridiculous.

It's not about the movie being sellable at all. The director is a huge fan of the Smiths, that's why he made the movie. If he made a film about Morrissey running off with a girl that would be ridiculous.

Have you tried pitching a film?

And he doesn't have to run off with a girl - she just has to be in enough scenes to make her the co-star.

There had been a glut of films about nerds (with or without bands) self-actualizing in the 60s or 70s. Did I hallucinate one about U2??? The trailer looked deathly dull.
But that's exactly my point. If they had portrayed him in a less nerdy and dull way (while still staying true to the sources) and had thrown in some of the more glamorous bits like being chased from gay clubs with his best friend and hanging out at wine bars with gay hairdressers and all the glam and punk stuff it would have been far more interesting and would have stuck out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom