The Biggest Story in my Town!

This is why I don't read the local media. I caught the headline the other day in the newsagent, paraphrasing "Christmas lights turned on". No shit, sherlock, I hadn't noticed the excess light in the town centre.

This is why I don't read the local media. I caught the headline the other day in the newsagent, paraphrasing "Christmas lights turned on". No shit, sherlock, I hadn't noticed the excess light in the town centre.

Well that's a story I'd need. I'd drive by and an hour later say to myself "Wait-did they turn the Christmas lights on? I think they were on?" Then I'd have to
call my mom and ask her.

I was looking for a story about a bad accident that happened the night before but I guess the cat story was more important.

That must be how New Yorkers felt after 9/11.

My home town once made the Mirror for its lack of Christmas lights.

I recently visited the little town I lived in while going to college and at breakfast peeked at the headline about a man in his 40's who lost his High School class ring but someone found it on the street, picked it up and returned it to him using the internet. Front page.

Back
Top Bottom