"The Boy With The Thorn..." demo 7" confirmed for Record Store Day - The Future Heart

Nikey posted the link (original post):

CONFIRMED RECORD STORE DAY 2017 RELEASES - The Future Heart

Excerpt:

Below is a list of every record due out April 22, 2017 (including some that will only be released in specific regions and some that may end up being released independent of RecordStoreDay.com’s campaign, and therefore will not appear on the organization’s list). The below items were combed together from numerous sources confirming their release, including announcements from various labels, statements direct from artists and online databases of distributors. Many releases are still to be announced. Follow twitter/TheFutureHeart and facebook/TheFutureHeart for updates.

Smiths, The – The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Rubber Ring [7 ”] (unreleased demo versions, new artwork featuring actor Albert Finney, limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

39767_C57I-s-WcAAFyVz.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Arguably, the Demo mix IS the original......

Nah, when Morrissey one early afternoon sitting cross legged on his unmade bed amongst note books of half lyrics sang to a tape of just the guitar given to him by Johnny... then that we can unarguably say was the original.

:tiphat:

Yeah let's re release the re release.

Or a re re re release as a limited edition with another, different photo of Albert Finney in a slightly different colour with different font of the letter type and a typo.
Morissey in stead of Morrissey. :eek:

And, listened carefully it contains a strange sound never heard before. Could be anything. :sick:
And it will be on E-bay of course for the real fan. :squiffy:

Think I liked the old Artwork better. New pic is fine though. Really liked the first of the two from that session with him looking up

I thought...."let my trained ears do justice!"

But...what a letdown. Apart from the drumintro, nothing special...

Here's a BBC News item about the single with apparent confirmation of a 2018 'The Queen Is Dead' reissue campaign:

"A prime example of what Record Store Day is all about - The Smiths releasing a previously unheard version of one of their best singles.

The limited edition 7" also contains an early version of Rubber Ring, the original b-side to Boy With The Thorn In His Side.

The release is an early sample of the material being unearthed for a reissue of The Smiths' seminal album The Queen Is Dead next year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39325897

Didn't morrissey not long ago mention wanting to reissue the album, not the single, but it was nixed by warners or something such. Maybe a year ago perhaps

I thought...."let my trained ears do justice!"

But...what a letdown. Apart from the drumintro, nothing special...

It seems to be just a rough mix of exactly the same thing. I can't hear any actual differences from the single version.

Didn't morrissey not long ago mention wanting to reissue the album, not the single, but it was nixed by warners or something such. Maybe a year ago perhaps

Well - Johnny has done his version of the re-issues a few years back, which were generally pretty faithful to the originals. Maybe Morrissey wants to do his own version, with altered track-listing, artwork, etc? Johnny is promoting the new The The single on facebook, but doesn't mention the Smiths single at all, so perhaps he's out of the loop this time.

Well - Johnny has done his version of the re-issues a few years back, which were generally pretty faithful to the originals. Maybe Morrissey wants to do his own version, with altered track-listing, artwork, etc? Johnny is promoting the new The The single on facebook, but doesn't mention the Smiths single at all, so perhaps he's out of the loop this time.

I think previously-unissued stuff would be impossible without them both at least consenting. Would be enormously unsurprising if the whole thing has developed into a needless becakstage psychodrama for no particular reason, though.

Those were the remasters right. I think this was maybe just an expanded edition of the album for the anniversary. Personally I don't follow reissues much unless theres a remaster, if there's an improvement, or extra content that's not a remix, live version or demos but just thought I'd mention it in case someone else recalled. Live stuff demos and remixes can be fun but that kind of thing I usually just listen to in YouTube

Finally having a listen.... I like the drum intro and the whole thing is a little faster. I like it.

Finally having a listen.... I like the drum intro and the whole thing is a little faster. I like it.

It's not. It's the same speed as the single version and a bit slower than the album version, which is sped-up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom