The Cure vs. The Smiths

The Cure wins.
The Cure wins.
The Cure wins.
The Cure wins.
WHVnUDVPMnGU4yAm2ZkG_Xf7-uRR8ca4WZAmktLei5Q.png

Both bands were great but in different ways and I don't see any conflict here at all despite Moz and Robert having a falling out.

I've listened to both over the years but Cure live was the most boring gig I've ever been to. Even their hardcore fans were shocked at how boring they were onstage.

Talk of the town for weeks after their gig. I just found a book with all the lyrics of The Smiths. I have one of Joy Division too.

The Cure one only contained the words high and kite and other things that rhyme. Like bad poetry cause bad poetry rhymes and great poetry doesn't and still there is a flow in the poems.

The Cure were a great band but were never in the same league as The Smiths.

It's like comparing Wings with The Beatles.

Both bands were great but in different ways and I don't see any conflict here at all despite Moz and Robert having a falling out.

I've listened to both over the years but Cure live was the most boring gig I've ever been to. Even their hardcore fans were shocked at how boring they were onstage.

Talk of the town for weeks after their gig. I just found a book with all the lyrics of The Smiths. I have one of Joy Division too.

The Cure one only contained the words high and kite and other things that rhyme. Like bad poetry cause bad poetry rhymes and great poetry doesn't and still there is a flow in the poems.

Agreed - there's no conflict in liking both. If I had to pick one it would be The Smiths. However, there is much I appreciate about The Cure. I've seen them live a few times, the most recent being 2016. The show was far from boring. In fact, the live shows are where The Cure shine for me. Whereas Morrissey has made it clear that he doesn't care what the fans want to hear - he's going to play what he wants. When you see The Cure live, you're going to hear the fan favorites as well as some obscure b-sides and get a much longer show.

On another note, didn't Morrissey recently express regret for some unkind comments he made about Robert Smith in the past?

to recap::handpointdown:

the cure= suck :horseracing: :baseball::baseball:s
to go along with the
:bactriancamel: :basketball::basketball:s they suck on a regular basis.:handok:

Back
Top Bottom