The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

Anonymous trolls will be anonymous trolls I suppose... Banned ex-members no doubt.

And Paris is sold out.

no
It’s you not accepting facts.

PS
I’m going to all four gives by the way, but I acknowledge facts. Marking folk as troll because you don’t like what they’re saying is right. ridiculous

oh. And you’re someone who hasn’t been to a gig since 09.
The irony

Terrific agglomeration of sources and articles there FGV. I fully expect the usual 4 or 5 to dive in, mark everything down, and give some spin on how this awful situation is somehow a stunning success for the man. We had a discussion on another thread about how Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott sold out this venue, and Morrissey has not.

Last edited:
And like clockwork, here they come. The stone cold evidence - actual FACT - in front of their faces - and they don't like it. I've been saying for years he chases the money in the increasingly uncommon territories that haven't heard the full extent of his politics and comments. As FGV so eloquently puts it in his article - the UK folk have had enough. How long before everyone else has? And BMG, for that matter - they already look to have given up. Why keep throwing good money after bad? And whose fault is all this? Who said all those things referenced in the article? Was it someone else?

Last edited:
‘Neither the venue nor Ticketmaster will release sales figures or even how many tickets were originally released to the public making it impossible to know for certain how many seats have been shifted, but it would appear that some of the lower level blocks of seating were also never released.

An educated guess on ticket sales would leave you thinking that fewer than 50% of the venue has been sold for this gig. It could be that the sales figures are hovering around 30–40% of the total venue capacity with two weeks to go before showtime.’

‘Would appear’, ‘could be’, ‘would leave you thinking’ :lbf:

Hilariously non-factual.

Anonymous trolls will be anonymous trolls I suppose... Banned ex-members no doubt.

And Paris is sold out.

Oh, FFS! Paris is NOT sold out. It's nearly sold out - those a two very different things. The discussion was not only about a venue selling out but how long it is taking for these venues to sell out i.e. weeks rather than minutes. Do keep up.

If you have even a remedial understanding of French then you will see that platinum tickets are still available on Ticketmaster.

When these venues sell out we will all know about it. How? Central will herald it.

And like clockwork, here they come. The stone cold evidence - actual FACT - in front of their faces - and they don't like it. I've been saying for years he chases the money in the increasingly uncommon territories that haven;t heard the full extent of his politics and comments. As FGV so eloquently puts it in his article - th UK folk have had enough. How long before everyone else has? And BMG, for that matter - they already look to have given up. Why keep throwing good money after bad? And whose fault is all this? Who said all those things referenced in the article? Was it someone else?

I've never seen so many people in 'the African river' at the same time. Worrying.

Morrissey needs to take Jimmy Baldwin's name out of his mouth.

At nearly £85 a ticket after booking fees at Wembley for a seat , this is the reason shifting the tickets has been hard.

Morrissey-solo promoting and spreading lies again?
Which of the OP's statements are lies, please? Or is it that you simply think that Morrissey-solo should only promote things with which you agree?

‘Neither the venue nor Ticketmaster will release sales figures or even how many tickets were originally released to the public making it impossible to know for certain how many seats have been shifted, but it would appear that some of the lower level blocks of seating were also never released.

An educated guess on ticket sales would leave you thinking that fewer than 50% of the venue has been sold for this gig. It could be that the sales figures are hovering around 30–40% of the total venue capacity with two weeks to go before showtime.’

Hilariously non-factual.

On the contrary. It's all fact, and exactly as I predicted, here you are saying so and spinning it in his favour.

Which of the OP's statements are lies, please? Or is it that you simply think that Morrissey-solo should only promote things with which you agree?
No I certainly don’t. If sales are bad then it should be on the main page. But not some guy who fell out with Moz writing an article (where exactly) about how sales ‘could be’ bad and giving all sorts of made up reasons for it. Hilarious.

the entire post is lies since its fake news.:lbf:

last tour the same thing with the tiny coloured dots showing empty seats and all shows were packed.:lbf:

But not some guy who fell out with Moz writing an article (where exactly) about how sales ‘could be’ bad and giving all sorts of made up reasons for it. Hilarious.
So you can't come up with anything that might resemble a lie then?

Hilariously non-factual.

No. Not nonfactual. Accurate reporting. The original poster has not claimed any of these points as fact - they have clearly noted them as conjecture because he doesn't know. I have to ask this but is English your first language? I'm inclined to think not.

The conjecture is based on information available on Ticketmaster and one would assume that the information provided by Tickermaster is accurate. If the information provided by Ticketmaster is accurate then the original poster is correct in his assumptions - based on the information available to him. If however, you have carried out a statsitical analaysis of the ticket sales and have your own stats to provide that dispute the original posters claims by all means do post them.

On the contrary. It's all fact, and exactly as I predicted, here you are saying so and spinning it in his favour.
Fact is Paris is sold out. How about putting that on the main page?
Fact is we don’t know how many tickets have been sold for Leeds and London as shown in my quotes from the ‘article’.
So why spread lies and rumours and not facts?
Sickening.

Morrissey-solo should only promote things with which she/him/it agrees.

And like clockwork, here they come. The stone cold evidence - actual FACT - in front of their faces - and they don't like it. I've been saying for years he chases the money in the increasingly uncommon territories that haven't heard the full extent of his politics and comments. As FGV so eloquently puts it in his article - the UK folk have had enough. How long before everyone else has? And BMG, for that matter - they already look to have given up. Why keep throwing good money after bad? And whose fault is all this? Who said all those things referenced in the article? Was it someone else?

Skinny WTF you think you are addressing Parliament :crazy:
its a bunch of your normal fake news coloured dots FFS:rolleyes:

I've been saying for 18 months now that the UK fan-base has hemorrhaged by around 60%.
The evidence was the cancelled tour of summer 2018 and, more clearly, the sales for California Son.
Low in High School = 25,000 in Week 1.
California Son = 8,000 despite similar reviews and radio backing for lead single.
His pre-For Britain London fanbase was over 25,000 when it came to live shows.
He's playing to just one venue this time with a 12,000 capacity.
Even with a 60% loss of the fan base, it should be pretty full but it clearly is not about to sell out. Watch out for very cheap tickets nearer the day.

Steve P Morrissey - all you need to do is apologise, say you've made a massive mistake, and that you do not endorse far-right politics. You clearly don't, but urging people to vote for a far-right party (because it is led by a vegan feminist) has led thousands to jump to an obvious conclusion.

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom