The God Squad- Religion obsessives and philosophical types unite!

I don't know who wrote these books. I don't need to know because I don't follow any of them.
But based on my experience with Christinsanity, I guess the people who follow them don't know either.

To a lot of religious people the question is irrelevant since philosophically the question of a phenomenons origin/cause and the phenomenons veracity are two different questions.

To a lot of religious people the question is irrelevant since philosophically the question of a phenomenons origin/cause and the phenomenons veracity are two different questions.

I know that very well.
And the fact that such a key question can be so irrelevant just shows how religion can be magic. Like a magic, holy lobotomy.

I know that very well.
And the fact that such a key question can be so irrelevant just shows how religion can be magic. Like a magic, holy lobotomy.

How funny you said that. I've personally always thought that atheists are the most religious people of all since they talk and act as if there was something supernatural and magic about religion and that religion seem to have some sort of power that nothing else has. Almost as if god has something to do with religion...

How funny you said that. I've personally always thought that atheists are the most religious people of all since they talk and act as if there was something supernatural and magic about religion and that religion seem to have some sort of power that nothing else has. Almost as if god has something to do with religion...

No. Atheists follow logic. I see nothing wrong with questioning the mass delusion that goes around.

The use of word "magic" was ironic.
There is a very simple explanation to the "power of religion". Just traumatize people enough when they're young. The younger, the better. Add some peer pressure, some fake comfort and false promises of eternal life and there you have it.

That's the recipe of a good old Gawd-fearing person.

You can even try this at home. All you need is a baby.

No. Atheists follow logic. I see nothing wrong with questioning the mass delusion that goes around.

The use of word "magic" was ironic.
There is a very simple explanation to the "power of religion". Just traumatize people enough when they're young. The younger, the better. Add some peer pressure, some fake comfort and false promises of eternal life and there you have it.

That's the recipe of a good old Gawd-fearing person.

You can even try this at home. All you need is a baby.

:laughing: Well hello mr Freud. No, I'm sorry. You seriously believe that all religious people become religious during their childhood? That peoples religiosity looks the same throughout life? That religiosity is something static? That people don't reflect upon themselves?

Flax, you're kinda setting yourself up for something very bizarre to happen to you. :lbf:

This is in Spain (or Catalonia) whose people are one happy family tonight. :)

093620.jpg

How gawdy. :p

:laughing: Well hello mr Freud. No, I'm sorry. You seriously believe that all religious people become religious during their childhood? That peoples religiosity looks the same throughout life? That religiosity is something static? That people don't reflect upon themselves?

Flax, you're kinda setting yourself up for something very bizarre to happen to you. :lbf:

Relaaaaax
you're all taking my fanatic religious recipe too seriously

no, but seriously, that's how it works!!!

That's the problem with religious people. How condescending.

You're the typical religious person, who tries to talk nice while being utterly pretentious and patronizing with slogans like "you lack very basic understanding of God" and "as you walk in the darkness".

"I wish you good luck". No you don't. You're writing this as if you're this enlightened person who has full understanding of the messages written by a supreme being.

So I lack very basic understanding? That's God's fault then.

Am I walking the into the darkness? Tell Jesus not to come save me, because I'm carrying a nailgun with me.

Hello? :crazy: How about you come off your high horse?

But thank you that you admitted that a) you cannot read, b) you are full of prejudices, c) you cannot comprehend simple texts, d) you cannot repeat simple texts, e) you lack a basic understanding of what "God" means.
You can copy and paste though, but this is not enough to have a conversation based on logic.

What an interesting read, goinghome. Thank you.

:thumb:

But thank you that you admitted that a) you cannot read, b) you are full of prejudices, c) you cannot comprehend simple texts, d) you cannot repeat simple texts, e) you lack a basic understanding of what "God" means.
You can copy and paste though, but this is not enough to have a conversation based on logic.

No chance you'd offer the other cheek, share a shirt, bang a hand into sand?

Poor old Jesus; the world won't listen. :tears:

I was really interested in hasidic judaism for a while, I even managed to get invited to celebrate shabbat with a Chabad-Lubavitch rabbi and his family once (it's really unusual they invite someone who isn't jewish but they liked me for some reason). In New York, I Love You Nathalie Portman plays an hasidic women in one of the movies. I really liked it, it was cute. See it if you haven't!

new_york_i_love_you_l.jpg

9xbzzb1j365n3j5z.jpg

new%20york%20i%20love%20you.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Morrissey still into mediumship? I remember him having a period of medium interest whilst in The Smiths

Why did Morrissey always have interviews with a medium in every single interview on the news? I can recall about 3 different shows where Morrissey was on and a medium would give an in-sight on his life and Morrissey always seemed uncomfortable...I'm sure I can bring up at least one vid available on youtube!

Is Morrissey still into mediumship? I remember him having a period of medium interest whilst in The Smiths

Really? How do you know? I've written an article on Morrissey's religiosity and I comprehend him as very typical catholic... well the step from catholic to being into mediumship doesn't have to be that long ofcourse. Does anyone know if his parents were practicing catholics by the way? Because I've never found any info on the subject!

Morrissey was friends with a medium, it's on a video I've got...I doubt they are still friends tho, he never talked about it after he left The Smiths! Probably because they didn't predict that The Smiths would break up!

So let me see if I understand this. It's probably quite difficult to me, given the fact I can't comprehend simple texts.

You're telling me to come off my high horse.

Yet, you're the one who not only seems to have that special connection with the Lawd, you're also fully capable to comprehend a magical ancient book written by self proclaimed prophets who claim to have been inspired by the Lawd himself. And you're also able to look beyond all the mistranslations and still find the absolute truth about the creation of the Universe.

Not only you're able to decipher this magical ancient book, you're also astute enough to dismiss all the other hundreds of magical ancient books who were written in the same conditions for the same purpose, and you were able to the THE one book which has been sanctioned by the real Lawd.

Then, if somebody disagrees with you and shows you evidence, you'll dismiss the evidence and just say they lack what you enlightened people call "basic understanding".

Yes. I'm definitely on a giant high horse. And we're just hanging out here in the darkness. Me and my buddy horsie.

Last edited:
Tags
666 atheist crybaby bananaman fairy tales god of fuck new world order pixies signtology tl;drville worsthread2010
Back
Top Bottom