The Guardian tries to smear Morrissey. Here’s why it won’t work - thepostmillennial.com

Actually there are many laws that will see you hauled up in court for saying and doing racist things. You just could not be more wrong.
I was thinking more about my own state of mind at the moment, Uncle. I'm struggling with other races through practical problems. I can't stop feeling the way I do, but best for me not to verbalise it. Ultimately, racism alienates the racist. Makes them insular. Are you going to legislate against lonely, bewildered people?

'patriotism is the last resort of the scoundrel'. Sweeping statements like this go down as truth. What does it mean? Someone woke up one day and made a clever statement because it fit their agenda. And now it's in everyone's subconscious.

Morrissey has never supported nazis.

It isn't Morrissey's fault you f***ed up on Mastermind. Get over it.

Seemingly he f***ed up on Countdown as well when Jeff Clayton walloped him in series 76 by 116 points to 60. His constant failures don't stop him from trying though, bless. Eventually he'll see the light at the end of the tunnel that is his extended mid-life crisis and he'll start to settle down a bit.

Actually there are many laws that will see you hauled up in court for saying and doing racist things. You just could not be more wrong.

The fact that there is legislation preventing people from doing racist things is understandable. Anything that pushes a person down or harms them based on race should have some kind of consequence. But, saying racist things? Unless they're direct calls to violence, racist speech is free speech. These ideas should be punished socially, not with laws. I don't have a statistic but I'll make the assertion regardless that most people hate racists. Western society shames them.
Of course, it depends on how loose your definition of racist is. I'd imagine yours is quite loose.
This leads quite smoothly into:
Calling out racists is never time wasted. Perhaps you think otherwise.
I do think otherwise, in fact! Even though, as I said earlier, racists should be shamed socially by people like you, you're not changing anyone's mind. Not Morrissey's, not ours. We've all read the same interviews, you understand. We all have our own opinions about his views. If you read something he said and decided he was a Nazi, we're not going to feel enlightened or educated if you were to call him one if we've read the same interview without coming to that conclusion. Who are you writing this stuff for, then? What do you think it's achieving? Do you enjoy it, somehow?

Calling out racists is never time wasted. Perhaps you think otherwise.

But obviously your ‘talents’ are being wasted here. Aren’t there some Pro-Nazi KKK sites that you can bring to their knees with your opinions ?

I mean there are sites and cretins out
there that are doing REAL HARM to people, so raise up your sword and charge ahead to where it actually might make a difference.

Just saying.

:cool:

It's not a crime to be racist. It's not some dirty little secret. It's a crime to harm people because of their race. That's violence against another person. It's a crime to incite violence through racism. But it's not a crime to be racist per se.

Are you pissed again Raggy ?

;)

Skinny, your talents would be best served by berating Hookys pooch with left loon politics when you take him out for a walk around the cul de sac with your BFF NDSP.:straightface:
that way the pooch will march around the cul de sac and do his thing quicker.:rolleyes:

:crazy:

ps I hear the ferret went in reverse at the Hooky auction. Total catastrophe, even with
the touts here.:straightface:

Get a backbone UK, maybe your country won't be so shitty.

God BLESSED America

The trouble with the racism debate is that it could go on forever. If England was a respected country and had a strong identity of its own and the citizens felt secure and looked after by its government we would welcome people with open arms. The government is letting us down big time, and making us feel insecure and adrift. Government and their austerity measures are having a direct effect on people's intolerance of outsiders. The ironic thing is that the more you feel you belong the less threatened you feel by immigration.

Not in AMerica. Still free to be racist here unless you are the government or an employer. Racism isn't as big of a deal here because immigrants want to be Americans and follow the great laws of this country. It's an issue in Europe because immigrants dont want to be European they want free stuff. True and factual.

First ya had Libby Cudmore attackin' Moz and sayin' how folks had to apologize for him.
Now ya got Libby Emmons appreciatin' Moz and bein' thankful for the music he's made.
Folks, what we got right here is a Libby situation.

He said "being." You said "saying" and "doing." So maybe you could not be more wrong. It's like if you were to stop posting all your hateful nonsense you could be an idiot but you wouldn't be saying idiotic things and no one would know.
Besides making "racism" your cause has apparently led you to label people racists so that you have something to fight against. You're clearly one of the least tolerant people here so you're most likely projecting this "racism." And "racism" is about the easiest cause to pick if you want to show everyone what a wonderful person you are. You're accomplishing nothing so it s clear that your goal is to make some kind of name for yourself. What are you, the old white English Harriet Tubman? lol
you're completely ridiculous and give the left a bad name.

old white CHUBBY English Harriet Tubman with a too small for his fat 'gob' little hipster hat.:lbf:

Published three months ago on The Post Millennium

Excerpt:

The Guardian tries to smear Morrissey. Here’s why it won’t work

The Guardian’s smear of Morrissey was just one of many to appear over the last few years in the mainstream media. The hit pieces keep coming. But they never work. He’s too seminal, too necessary, too good. Here’s how I know:

I held the black little boombox, a gift for my 14th birthday,...

Full article:
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-guardian-tries-to-smear-morrissey-heres-why-it-wont-work/

Back
Top Bottom