The Human Voice Is The Soul - Morrissey Central (Dec. 16th, 2018)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-human-voice-is-the-soul

The text:

I am lost to know how to express my thanks for this recent tour. Joyful is not a word that trips easily off my tongue, but joyful it was. There seemed to me to be an even deeper emotional response, and a more powerful projection everywhere of goodwill - more lungful and younger crowds than ever before. Something has happened. What is it?
Every night the crowds sang like an orchestra - every song an anthem, but this time infused with deeper meaning. Perhaps it is partly because of the press and their childish smear campaigns - which we all, not just I, must endure. Perhaps it's because only songs tell us who we really are, after all?
I wasn't attacked or punched at San Diego - the press depress. In fact, I had never felt so liberated in my life.
It is impossible to point to the best nights because they were all so incredible, but our two concerts in Chile and our concert in Peru reminded me of my privileged position to be on stage; it is life, yes, but with all the crap bits left out - for once. Tropicalia, San Diego, Sao Paulo and Mexico City were also particularly breath-taking.

I express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who came along.

backing into the future,
MORRISSEY
Santiago
16 December 2018.

… and I to the appointed place …

2018 was cruel to the Arts; more have quietly slipped away than you possibly realize: Charles Aznavour, Vic Damone, Nancy Wilson, Dorothy Malone, Bernardo Bertolucci, Aretha Franklin, Givenchy, Donnelly Rhodes (below)

…and where do they go?

Yeah ‘geniuses’. :rolleyes:

Let’s go on a Morrissey site and wind up some Morrissey fans. Guess, pathetic trolls do what pathetic trolls do.

Let’s go onto a site dedicated to an artist whose views, recent music or band members we don’t like, makes a lot of sense :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What a smelly breath dip shit you are. Most of us are morrissey fans but we aren't brain dead f***s who have to fall for the BS.
We come on for the Moz news, as we are fans but we wind up f***tards like you as you are all so so so so so sooooooo stupid and really know very little about the person you think you know everything about.

What a smelly breath dip shit you are. Most of us are morrissey fans but we aren't brain dead f***s who have to fall for the BS.
We come on for the Moz news, as we are fans but we wind up f***tards like you as you are all so so so so so sooooooo stupid and really know very little about the person you think you know everything about.

WTF?? :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, chill dont get testy. Soon you will have your own forum.:laughing:
Like in a billion trillion quadrillion comet years.:bow:

I agree for the most part, rifke, except when you come to Morrissey(only partially). A poster in an earlier page said an actor thinks acting is the highest form of art and a painter thinks painting is the highest form of art. Everyone thinks their own art form is more difficult or stronger or more pleasant. I don't believe it's the fact that he enjoys being a singer that sparks him to say that, nor do I interpret it as being limited to himself. It's not his doing it that makes him view singing as such high art. He felt that way before he became a singer about other singers. He is a singer because he thinks it's the highest art form, just like someone might become an actor because they believe acting is the highest art form etc.
do artists think that though, or do they not just go into whatever field of art they have the most skill at? if you were an extremely gifted painter would you forgo painting in order to do some other kind of art that you were less gifted at. no, you do what you excel at. but that's not what makes a person an artist, technical skill or virtuoso talent. it's the underlying expression that makes a person an artist, and this underlying expression is or should be transferable among the arts. that's why you see a lot of artists who may be famous as one thing--whichever thing they excel at--but who nonetheless dabble in all different fields (for example, david bowie who also painted, or Morrissey who also writes). and all art tends to draw upon one another: is there not something musical about kandinsky, or something architectural about bach? the art is just the vessel for the expression. the vessel is not the essence of the art, the expression is the essence. therefor,e I maintain: a human voice is no better than paint on a canvas or a stanza of poetry or anything else of that sort.

and about Morrissey thinking it's the highest form of art even before he began to sing, when he heard others singing, that might go back to the instant gratification thing. music, particularly pop music, appeals often much quicker than higher forms of art. I find art that appeals too readily to be a bit suspect as art, frankly. sometimes it turns out to hold up upon futher inspection, but a lot of the times it doesn't, a lot of the times it turns out to be like pamela andersons face--immediately recognizable as something that would be considered attractive, but thereafter more and more nauseating each time you see it.

Last edited:
I find it bizarre how you try to edit history, he had to cancel his UK tour due to poor sales. It was a succesful US and South America tour.
That's bollocks if you excuse my language. The gigs were most probably cancelled because of Dave Haslam stirring up all the racism accusations. Some people can't stand others success.

That's bollocks if you excuse my language. The gigs were most probably cancelled because of Dave Haslam stirring up all the racism accusations. Some people can't stand others success.

COMPLETE BOLLOCKS!!:grimacing:
thats why the dole needs elimination!:straightface: gives free time to all these cucks and layabout sock puppets!
:clap:
some of them use the dole funds to go to the 'rutles' and they cant even walk they require accommodations.
doh:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom