The Human Voice Is The Soul - Morrissey Central (Dec. 16th, 2018)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-human-voice-is-the-soul

The text:

I am lost to know how to express my thanks for this recent tour. Joyful is not a word that trips easily off my tongue, but joyful it was. There seemed to me to be an even deeper emotional response, and a more powerful projection everywhere of goodwill - more lungful and younger crowds than ever before. Something has happened. What is it?
Every night the crowds sang like an orchestra - every song an anthem, but this time infused with deeper meaning. Perhaps it is partly because of the press and their childish smear campaigns - which we all, not just I, must endure. Perhaps it's because only songs tell us who we really are, after all?
I wasn't attacked or punched at San Diego - the press depress. In fact, I had never felt so liberated in my life.
It is impossible to point to the best nights because they were all so incredible, but our two concerts in Chile and our concert in Peru reminded me of my privileged position to be on stage; it is life, yes, but with all the crap bits left out - for once. Tropicalia, San Diego, Sao Paulo and Mexico City were also particularly breath-taking.

I express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who came along.

backing into the future,
MORRISSEY
Santiago
16 December 2018.

… and I to the appointed place …

2018 was cruel to the Arts; more have quietly slipped away than you possibly realize: Charles Aznavour, Vic Damone, Nancy Wilson, Dorothy Malone, Bernardo Bertolucci, Aretha Franklin, Givenchy, Donnelly Rhodes (below)

…and where do they go?

does any one out there know if the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: comet actually appears and kills us all, and later, with
DramaJs help we are reset:laughing:, will in this new and DJ improved Earth, Flathead Mike will ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB???
:pray:

Despite all the nice things that Moz has said about Pete Shelley's group the Buzzcocks in the past, Pete Shelley went on to become a hater living in "Estonia".:paranoid:
Thank you this is really interesting and informative.

I like that Morrissey has kept a dignified silence about the deaths of Pete Shelley and Mark E. Smith. He didn't say anything nasty. He just didn't say anything at all.

Just the same as when David Bowie died in 2016.

Dolores O'Riordan (the lead singer in The Cranberries) also died this year she was only 46 years old. I thought that she had a great voice she reminded me a bit of Sinéad O'Connor in her vocal style. I didn't like her association with Andy Rourke and his friend Olé Koretsky though. Dolores O'Riordan was even dating Olé Koretsky towards the end of her life. They were all in a band together called D.A.R.K. I thought that there was something strange and maybe even sinister about a band called D.A.R.K.

Dolores O'Riordan's life and tragic death reminds me a lot of what happened to Whitney Houston. I think that they were both hanging around with the wrong types of people towards the end of their lives. There is a conspiracy theory that they were both killed by the Illuminati. The same as the chef Anthony Bourdain who also died this year some think that he was killed rather than he committed suicide. Anthony Bourdain was 61 years old. Andy Rourke also seems to have an association with Anthony Bourdain. Andy Rourke is a major hater of Morrissey so it is totally understandable as to why Morrissey hasn't commented on the deaths of Dolores O'Riordan or Anthony Bourdain. Also I think that Anthony Bourdain wasn't a vegan or even a vegetarian chef.

The ex-Fall bassist and DJ Marc Riley is a hater of Morrissey and he seems to know Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke. Brix Smith Start is the ex-wife of Mark E. Smith and years ago she started a band called "The Adult Net" and both Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke were part of that band so they have a loose connection with "The Fall" and Mark E. Smith. Mike Joyce later interviewed Mark E. Smith on East Village Radio. I know that Mark E. Smith has said some negative stuff about Morrissey in the past.

Mike Joyce was a fan of the "Buzzcocks" and he even played drums for them for a while.

Let me know when you stop being fat, bald, and minus even a community college class :thumb:
let me know when you stop being fat, bald, old, and incapable of any degree of intellectual thought. :thumb:

let me know when you stop being fat, bald, old, and incapable of any degree of intellectual thought. :thumb:
So now we’re back again to the other thing you’re eternally conplaining about which I left off the original list above - which is that you have no personality, and you just try to mirror people by literally repeat things back

How.... consistently dull. And always uninspired.

I love Morrissey. But he's been saying the human voice is the soul for a long time. What does it mean? It seems an arbitrary statement. He has a good voice but is he trying to say he's more soulful than anyone else? Seems to me it suits his agenda. The way you treat other people, the way you conduct yourself, your loves and your hates, these all show your soul. Just because you have a lovely singing voice isn't indicitave of your soul.
here, spineless, ima try to answer this because (aside from countthrees lovely post) you've thus far failed to receive a proper reply, one that doesn't become increasibly cringly and imbalanced-hormone-y the more one reads it....

I think it's possible that anyone who does something with love will say that there is soul in it. van gogh probably would've said paint on a canvas reveals the soul. Mozart probably would've said it was in his compositions. and all artists love what they do, otherwise they would cease to be artists. although for some artists, what they love is bringing into being their inner vision, while they may be at odds with the actual medium they use to do this. you may recall in olivia laings chapter on Edward hopper, how it talked about Edward hopper not actually enjoying the process of painting, calling it 'miserable business'. similarly, the piano prodigy glenn gould never was particularly fond of the piano, only finding it adequate enough as an instrument to bring about his vision: the real work, he insisted, took place when it reached the listeners brain, and so a piano--though he may not have always liked the way it sounded--was as good an instrument as any. even when they struggle with their medium, they still feel compelled to bring their vision into the world, to reveal, through their art, the soul of the world. no one would do such a thing without a feeling of love behind it--for art, for the world.

and most artists, when they speak of a soul, are usually, I find, referring to just that: the soul of the world--which is revealed to us through art. and that is where they differ from Morrissey and where Morrissey, I think, gets it wrong. most artists would, I think, consider themselves subservient to their vision; they would not consider themselves the end product of their vision. it's not their soul they're revealing for the worlds benefit. no artist would be so bombastic as to think that the world needs their soul.

now when Morrissey speaks of music revealing the human soul--specifically, one assumes, his soul-- that speaks to me more of a statement made in the moment, after a series of successful shows; it presents itself more as a fallacy of ego than anything else. I wonder, if morrissey didn't enjoy the medium of his art, if he didnt get instant gratification from it, would he still create it, the way Edward hopper tortured himself with "getting the whole miserable business down"? could the fact that he really enjoys what he does be deceiving him into believing that it's somehow a higher calling than anyone else's?

So now we’re back again to the other thing you’re eternally conplaining about which I left off the original list above - which is that you have no personality, and you just try to mirror people by literally repeat things back

How.... consistently dull. And always uninspired.
why don't you tell us again in ten thousand words how your mother is the MIRROR IMAGE of isabelle Huppert, because we all care so much about your old mum (I mean, who wants to talk about isabelle Huppert when we have your old mum to talk about?), and we just loooove having to feign belief and admiration that your mother is actually the EXACT MIRROR IMAGE of isabelle Huppert. you ridiculous old crank.

why don't you tell us again in ten thousand words how your mother is the MIRROR IMAGE of isabelle Huppert, because we all care so much about your old mum (I mean, who wants to talk about isabelle Huppert when we have your old mum to talk about?), and we just loooove having to feign belief and admiration that your mother is actually the EXACT MIRROR IMAGE of isabelle Huppert. you ridiculous old crank.
You’re the ridiculous one - exclusively.

If two people look the same, they certainly don’t need to find out from you how or why or if, any of it would be ok with you first. It’s amazing that you’re as one-faceted as you are. No wonder it’s a full time effort for you here.

You’re the ridiculous one - exclusively.

If two people look the same, they certainly don’t need to find out from you how or why or if, any of it would be ok with you first. It’s amazing that you’re as one-faceted as you are. No wonder it’s a full time effort for you here.
it's just that it was interesting to NO ONE. there are things other people say around here that you claim to be boring but in reality those things are interesting to some of us. whereas who your mother looks like or how or why or if she happens to look EXACTLY like isabelle Huppert is literally interesting to no one. LITERALLY. no one. UNFORTUNATELY you wrote the post to me--exclusively--and ever since having to pretend to be interested and having to humour you about it, I've felt so SO cheap in a way I cant shake off. like, you cant imagine. because at the time I knew: this is SO dumb. I can tell you that next time some menopausal woman comes at me waxing prolix and enraptured by her own mothers looks im just going to shut her down and be like "look, lady, nobody gives a f***, mmkay"

mmkay, lady?!

it's just that it was interesting to NO ONE. there are things other people say around here that you claim to be boring but in reality those things are interesting to some of us. whereas who your mother looks like or how or why or if she happens to look EXACTLY like isabelle Huppert is literally interesting to no one. LITERALLY. no one. UNFORTUNATELY you wrote the post to me--exclusively--and ever since having to pretend to be interested and having to humour you about it, I've felt so SO cheap in a way I cant shake off. like, you cant imagine. because at the time I knew: this is SO dumb. I can tell you that next time some menopausal woman comes at me waxing prolix and enraptured by her own mothers looks im just going to shut her down and be like "look, lady, nobody gives a f***, mmkay"

mmkay, lady?!
Yeah but then she’d probably comeback with something along the lines of, ‘at least I’m not living in a bedsit in my 30’s’ and lemme tell you that nothing comes back from that.

Nothing.

Desperate.
I know right? I assume the nastiness comes from a place of quiet desperation, drowning in debt, an unfulfilling job and boxed in, quite literally as she trudges home to her shared accommodation, an urban prison of sorts.

Really we should go easier on her but she is so damn vindictive.

See how she pivots now?

I know right? I assume the nastiness comes from a place of quiet desperation, drowning in debt, an unfulfilling job and boxed in, quite literally as she trudges home to her shared accommodation, an urban prison of sorts.

Really we should go easier on her but she is so damn vindictive.
that's your cue, Morrissey! rescue me, baby, rescue me from my living nightmare! whisk me away to a better life :lbf:

(this is fun, mozzer!)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom