The Independent - Morrissey Central (25/6/2019)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

The Independent - Morrissey Central
June 25, 2019

"Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party" is today's headline in The Independent. They offer this absolute lie because they know they can get away with it. They will not be challenged. De-platforming and destroying lives is the principle motivation of modern journalism.
And so be it.
I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself. I therefore step away, and I wish others more luck and more support with the press of Soviet Britain than I can muster.
The British Arts, we must assume, are officially dead.
The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

MORRISSEY
25 June 2019

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
He reaffirmed support for them. They are considered a far right party. There isn't much of a case. If they said that Morrissey is "far right" it would be different.
I think they could easily establish that For Britain is "far right" since that is a matter of opinion and seems to be the consensus. Does For Britain deny they are far right?

The Independent? The biggest irony is in the name. I remember when it was independent of political bias, it’s whole selling point when launched. I saw a copy in a waiting room yesterday, had it been the Guardian I wouldn’t have picked it up, knowing it was going to be propaganda for the lemmings, but having not read The Independent in years I thought great I’ll take a look. Half an article in I realised it too had been compromised by political activists masquerading as journalists. What a sad state of affairs. Many journalists and former editors I know simply look to the floor and shake their heads at what British journalism has descended into.

It’s not even a real newspaper anymore. Sweet revenge

Another home run for Moz!

giphy.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xUA7aThcLoB8a2KcbS/giphy.gif

It's not a lie, it's 100% true and has been repeated in right wing newspapers too. He won't due because he knows there's no case, the silly old bastard.

He reaffirmed support for them. They are considered a far right party. There isn't much of a case. If they said that Morrissey is "far right" it would be different.
I think they could easily establish that For Britain is "far right" since that is a matter of opinion and seems to be the consensus. Does For Britain deny they are far right?
That's only a consensus among people who don't like the party or who feel that AMW is bigoted. Don't you think it's unfair to label a party by the opinion of its detractors?
Anne Marie has denied the claim multiple times and claims to be a "classical liberal". She says that "Islam is far-right, not" her because she wants to protect democracy, women, and children in her efforts.

It's genuinely odd that he does not seem to get that For Britain are, in fact, a right-wing party. And he is vocally supporting them and reaffirmed that as clearly as he possibly could have in this most recent interview. I'm sticking with him as a fan, and I do think the British press are being hysterical about this, but no one would be saying he supported a far-right party if he did not, in fact, support a party that are widely considered far-right in Britain. What is he not understanding about this?

For Britain is only considered far right by those who believe whatever the mass media tells them. Read their manifesto. They're centrist and aim for a sensible immigration policy rather than the shambolic open borders the UK has at the moment which is rapidly ruining the country.

perhaps he is not speaking in financial terms when he says he "cannot afford to take the independent to court" - perhaps he is speaking of his reputation, which quite frankly cannot afford any more knocks against it.
Morrissey's resposne: "Challenge accepted!"

He supports For Britton because he doesn't like immigrants. In todays world, that's racist. I fail to see what he's complaining about.

For Britain is only considered far right by those who believe whatever the mass media tells them. Read their manifesto. They're centrist and aim for a sensible immigration policy rather than the shambolic open borders the UK has at the moment which is rapidly ruining the country.

Racists supporting racists. The cycle is complete.

I looked at their website before when all of this first started.
Morrissey's real problem in fighting that headline would be that it is partly fact and partly opinion.
He supports For Britain. That is a fact. For Britain are considered far right.That is an opinion. But it's an opinion held by enough people, some of whom are some really decent experts, that it would be impossible to prove that it was libelous.
The part about him is a fact. If he did not support For Britain he would have an easy case.

"I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself."

Unless he has been careless with his spending habits or investments, this is hard to believe. He has successfully taken legal action in the past, against the NME and now defunct Word magazine.

I think its fair to assume in this long running saga, he has sought legal advice and been advised that he does not have a strong enough case to risk a costly court action for libel against newspapers.
Or someone sensible has told the daft c*** to shut his pie hole for the sake of his bank account.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

The Independent - Morrissey Central
June 25, 2019

"Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party" is today's headline in The Independent. They offer this absolute lie because they know they can get away with it. They will not be challenged. De-platforming and destroying lives is the principle motivation of modern journalism.
And so be it.
I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself. I therefore step away, and I wish others more luck and more support with the press of Soviet Britain than I can muster.
The British Arts, we must assume, are officially dead.
The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

MORRISSEY
25 June 2019

Related items:

What's so awful bad about wanting your nation to be, watch out now...your nation ? Morrissey isn't so much "far right", as he is pro-freedom..free speech,free expression of one's self...peacefully. Here in Sovietized- America things are the same with censorship of imagined proportions. ...AHHHHHHHHHH. ..a melodic tune suddenly playing,....".the world is full of crashing bores".

That's only a consensus among people who don't like the party or who feel that AMW is bigoted. Don't you think it's unfair to label a party by the opinion of its detractors?
Anne Marie has denied the claim multiple times and claims to be a "classical liberal". She says that "Islam is far-right, not" her because she wants to protect democracy, women, and children in her efforts.
I think it is often the detractors who get to label a person or party. The thing is that "far right" can mean different things. The definition partly depends on what is considered mainstream, centrist, and that changes.
It is true that a "classical liberal" is going to have problems with Islamic teachings.

I looked at their website before when all of this first started.
Morrissey's real problem in fighting that headline would be that it is partly fact and partly opinion.
He supports For Britain. That is a fact. For Britain are considered far right.That is an opinion. But it's an opinion held by enough people, some of whom are some really decent experts, that it would be impossible to prove that it was libelous.
The part about him is a fact. If he did not support For Britain he would have an easy case.
Decent experts? Enlighten us on that. Political 'experts' are the most biased people on earth.

He says it's a lie because he thinks FB is not a far-right party. You can argue the toss about this, because there's no firm definition of what constitutes a 'far-right party'. I would call em far-right personally. Wikipedia and all the papers agree. Just like Styxhexenbollocks and all those youtubers Moz watches too much of, they too are far-right in most people's books. A court case would have a very slim chance of success.
haha nairng,22 posts in 10 years,2.2 posts per year,all these posters coming out of the woodwork when the going is tough,you will all disappear as soon as this dies down.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom