The instrumental parts of the new songs - what should Morrissey do when they are performed live?

The instrumental parts of the new songs - what should Morrissey do when they are performed live?

• Disco dance (like he used to at live shows until around the mid 90s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play a tambourine (to become one of the band)

• Head offstage (e.g. for costume change or cup of tea)

• Do a Bono (i.e. dance with attractive random lady randomly plucked from the audience)

• None of the above

• Total voters

Maurice E Maher

Morrissey is about to be faced with arguably the greatest challenge of his solo career.
His new album has loads of instrumental (i.e. non singing) sections leaving him surplus to requirements for vast
chunks of the live show.
So what should he do whilst the band are rocking out?

dance a bit. anyone who loves music cannot resist this and will want to do it intrinsically, just dont over do it. also a few dramatic poses, not lying on your back, works very well especially if they dont want to over tax themselves. if he froze a pose and held it while on stage and became animated when his part started again that would have a nice dramatic effect. hed just have to choose his moment before hand and again not over do it. those are my suggestions without going into to much detail. also films playing in the background allow some time to go offstage for that bit of tea. a video of morrissey singing or miming i guess playing on the big screen while the band plays would be hillarious. especially if he hammed it up and over acted. even a skit would be funny like him acting out some cowboy part for im not a man or even playing some of the fan made videos while performing the song(s).

It's nothing he hasn't had to cope with before — and in recent years, too — with live performances of songs like "How Soon Is Now?," "Life is A Pigsty," and "Meat is Murder." He's got this shit down pat by now.

yeah from what i remember for meat is murder he just walks off the stage and lets the film play

On the last tour he rolled around on the floor during the video of Meat is Murder.

For Pigsty he crouches at the drum stand and chugs water.

I would love to see more dancing. He seemed a little stiff during the last tour. I do miss the hanging upside down, which he was doing as recently as a couple of years ago.

During the builders like Pigsty and MIM he should look at the kit like he does and close his eyes and imagine he is St Michael floating above a slaughterhouse and bear witness to the slaughter so that God can see through his eyes and mind projection the atrocities of humankind while he crowns out to Matt. It might make him cry though but he can hide it by looking like he's wiping sweat. And one hand up and one hand down. He can hide that to, like rest the up one on his shoulder. It's easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom